Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #31
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://despair.com/bp.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5954_f68e7b6d8b3be0491257148b7548d347.jpg (57.3 KB, 107 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

For having such a catastrophe in the Gulf, Gas prices have been steadliy dropping as of late...And From what I can tell they Should continue to drop...Even with this incident in the Gulf.

The middle east has such a backstock of oil then dunno wtf to do with themselves.

As far as boycotting...IT wont do anything Azoom's right...and not because of all that mumble jumble she typed up...It simply wont affect the company as a whole because regardless of whats going on in the gulf people STILL need fuel.

Hey gas, if you ran out of gas and rolled into a BP would you not get gas?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #33
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
For having such a catastrophe in the Gulf, Gas prices have been steadliy dropping as of late...And From what I can tell they Should continue to drop...Even with this incident in the Gulf.

The middle east has such a backstock of oil then dunno wtf to do with themselves.

As far as boycotting...IT wont do anything Azoom's right...and not because of all that mumble jumble she typed up...It simply wont affect the company as a whole because regardless of whats going on in the gulf people STILL need fuel.

Hey gas, if you ran out of gas and rolled into a BP would you not get gas?
I specifically went to bp yesterday
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
what would you like to see them do that they aren't doing already?
Oh I don't know...maybe stop the leak and clean up all of the oil pumped into the Gulf and also protect the coast from the advancement of the oil.

How ? I don't know because I didn't build the well and it's not my oil. I didn't cause the problem...they did.

No contingency plan for something like this...interesting. They don't even know what caused it do they ? That's also real comforting.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

New footage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bpmario.jpg (56.2 KB, 88 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #36
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
it'll keep people the f*ck away from beaches and crap, that's for sure!
this, the initial death toll will be high, but the complete press scare and doom and gloom will significantly reduce recreational business and commercial fishing pressures. ( i am not saying that its not a horrible situation and that it truly is not being given the proper amount of news coverage)
Much like the exxon oil spill, the "theory that less is more" is that the spill would of been left alone it would of been better then all of the anthropogenic "rehabilitation" that the celebrities were doing. all of this amounted to a increased human foot print on the area when the news crews, celebs and yes researchers that went up there, in boats, helicopters and what not. The amount of oil they cleaned was less then the impact of their presence of being there. Now since the spill happened in the gulf coast were it is not as pristine as the AK spill that throws some more cogs in the machine that would need to be considered. like what would be considered a rehabilitated gulf coast and what would we compare it to? is there a referance site that would allow comparasions. I would suggest that the oil spill be capped off and then section off all of the area that has been affected, turn it into a superfund site and wildlife sanctuary.

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Zoom... I'm well aware what all is made from crude. Probably 80% of what I'm typing on is from crude oil. Heck, even the history channel had a real nice documentary on it.

What should they have done? How about the $5million cap stop safety device on that pipe? you know, the one they didn't put on. I'm sick and tired of hearing how the budget dictates over all else. If safety is #1 then budget should effect it. Budget couldn't be anything beyond #2 to safety.

Trust me, I have this debate at my company.

Oh and BP is one of my customers. I deal with their company every single day at work.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

What should they have done? How about the $5million cap stop safety device on that pipe? you know, the one they didn't put on. I'm sick and tired of hearing how the budget dictates over all else. If safety is #1 then budget should effect it. Budget couldn't be anything beyond #2 to safety.
They're too busy paying for full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal trying to convince people they're doing the right thing. Wonder how much yesterday's ad cost, a cool million at least?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #39
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

The one thing that bothers me about this is that there was no backup plan, should an accident like this happen. Of all the offshore rigs owned by all the different oil companies in the world, not one of them has a way to fix an accident like this? Unbelievable. Let's hope everyone at least learns something from this and has some sort of emergency plan in place, with the proper gear staged nearby, should it happen again.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #40
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
The one thing that bothers me about this is that there was no backup plan, should an accident like this happen. Of all the offshore rigs owned by all the different oil companies in the world, not one of them has a way to fix an accident like this? Unbelievable. Let's hope everyone at least learns something from this and has some sort of emergency plan in place, with the proper gear staged nearby, should it happen again.
There was a leak in the Gulf of Mexico 30 years ago that was remarkably similar to this accident. It took around 10 months to plug. It appears nobody really learned much of anything from that. I expect a lot of "closing the barn door after the cows escape" to happen for a while. Eventually hubris will overtake diligence and something similar will happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
They're too busy paying for full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal trying to convince people they're doing the right thing. Wonder how much yesterday's ad cost, a cool million at least?
What's the difference at this point? The longer this goes on the less likely it is that BP will be able to continue in their current form. It would be throwing good money after bad but I doubt any of their money in America will be "good" after the lawsuits are said and done.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote