Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #31
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
At a car show in Savannah there were some dudes all rocking the sponsor theme. It was new to me so I found it interesting. Skittles car was actually giving out skittles and so was the snickers car. The Coor's silver bullet wasn't giving out beer and I told him judges would look down on that. Got a good laugh.

Interesting. I only ever see these guys cruising around town or loitering at the gas station.

There is one Crown Royal themed Crown Vic nearby that had his rims repo'd or something... just sitting there on the 4x4 suspension with the factory steels & hubcaps

The drivers are usually wearing NASCAR-like sponsored jackets, too... maybe there's some new class of racing out there that's being kept a secret from white people
unknownroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #32
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yeah, the jackets are usually a few sizes over as well. Probably to hide something. I wonder if they sponsor their guns and dime bags too?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #33
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Interesting. I only ever see these guys cruising around town or loitering at the gas station.

There is one Crown Royal themed Crown Vic nearby that had his rims repo'd or something... just sitting there on the 4x4 suspension with the factory steels & hubcaps

The drivers are usually wearing NASCAR-like sponsored jackets, too... maybe there's some new class of racing out there that's being kept a secret from white people
Purple velvet faux-fur bodywork?
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #35
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

How did they get the money for those cars and all the modifications from pumping my gas for me?
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #36
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
How did they get the money for those cars and all the modifications from pumping my gas for me?
Because they only filled your car half way with gas and pocketed the rest

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #37
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Oh man... If I remember... I am going to get some pics of the ghetto spread we have in the complex...

F'ing rediculous...
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Ummm, pretty much. Why would you buy a sports car unless it was to drive fast? And why buy an enduro unless you're going to jump piles of dirt? What does "purpose-built" mean to you? If it was built for a purpose, and you don't use it for that, you're kind of missing the point. Of course, if you want to waste your money and look stupid, well, that's up to you I guess.
Aha! So you admit that you want assault weapons so you can go out and kill people! I knew it all along! You fell into my cleverly laid trap...

BTW then I guess that everyone on this board with a sport bike is "wasting their money/stupid" unless they race it professionally. Basically,you're saying that everyone who rides a sport bike on the street obeying the traffic laws is an idiot.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Yeah, the jackets are usually a few sizes over as well. Probably to hide something. I wonder if they sponsor their guns and dime bags too?
Ha! I bet you own more guns than they do....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #40
umairhashmi
Broward Motorsports

Moto: 2006 Gsx1300R Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Aha! So you admit that you want assault weapons so you can go out and kill people! I knew it all along! You fell into my cleverly laid trap...

BTW then I guess that everyone on this board with a sport bike is "wasting their money/stupid" unless they race it professionally. Basically,you're saying that everyone who rides a sport bike on the street obeying the traffic laws is an idiot.
Well if you look at things from that point of view then how many literbike owners can actually ride that thing to even half of its full potential around a racetrack? Less than 5 percent of all 1000cc sportbike owners?
umairhashmi is offline   Reply With Quote