Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #31
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

eh. I hate my job (brain & spine cancer SUCKS) i Like (most) of my patients. I love (most) of my coworkers.

i wish i didn't have to bust ass most of the time there, but at least i leave feeling like i can make a difference somehow in this world.
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #32
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
So... it comes down to what's more important.
-Having a job that you love that takes time away from activities that you love.
OR
-Having a job that you can stand that allows you time for the activities that you love.

(both jobs cover the bills just fine)
The ONLY reason I work is so I can do the things I enjoy.

My Stepdad has been bugging me for years to come take over his business. He works sun-up to sun-down and then some 7 days a week. If that's what it takes to make his business run, I'm not so sure I want to do it . . . and I still keep refusing his offer.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #33
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I wake up and dread coming in.

Then I think of how much I get paid for how hard I work, I suck it up and make myself go.

Ps, its 1130 or so, I'm curling and on beer number 4. At work...

Ps, its 1130 or so, I'm curling and on beer number 4. At work...
My husband was farmed out to the VDQ...For the past 3 days he's been on the beach in Curaco and I've been with our 4 month old for 2 weeks. It's great that he earns the money he earns, but I know I work harder and longer on average and earn less.

For the next 8 months, my job is to raise our baby. Love it, wouldn't trade it for the world. Long hours. Crappy hours. Crappy pay and well...crap. Much like my real job in the ER except I get to snuggle and someone likes my silly songs.

My career as a nurse... I don't like going to work some days but don't mind it once I am there. Deal with far too many sad/scary things and get tired of being someone's perpetual and literal punching bag. Love most of the medical/clerical staff I work with....others make the day longer and more stressful than need be.

Could I imagine being anything else. Probably not. I am good a this. This is what I was ment to be.

People (Tommy excluded, aka, nurse hater!! ) don't laugh when they ask what I do. Most are appreciative and have a story to tell about another person like me that has helped them or their family. That or if I can give them a sponge bath....

I'm really, really good at that too!
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #34
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

As soon as I saw your name as the last post I knew you would some how relate to what I was sailing.

Thankfully, there's no other life like it...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #35
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

My job is boring, my co-workers are annoying, my boss is just useless.

But, it's the best job I've ever had and it's not going anywhere until at least August of 2011. I'll deal. I'll bitch about it, but I'll still deal.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #36
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
As soon as I saw your name as the last post I knew you would some how relate to what I was sailing.

Thankfully, there's no other life like it...
Saying or sailing or...both?

I can't complain too much about him being away (neither can he most of the time).

It's not a Nato trip and he's not in the desert.

He does have sand though, and ice blue water, and pina coladas.... And I have an infant that got her 4 month needles and a dog that hates my guts b/c I have an infant.

cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #37
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

No one teaches three year olds for anything but the love of teaching three year olds.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #38
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I wake up and dread coming in.

Then I think of how much I get paid for how hard I work.......
Yeah checking oil on diesel engines isn't all that hard.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #39
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I just started this job at the beginning of Sept., so I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's about 20% fieldwork, 80% paperwork. I think I'd love it if it were the other way round. Right now, the pay is ok, but gets better very fast, which will be nice. The work gets more difficult as the pay increases, though. It's been said that it takes 5 years to really get to the point of knowing what you're doing in this job.

But, I have a job in the city I want to have a job, because that's where my daughter lives. If I had a choice, I'd live someplace better, but I'm thankful to have a job that will eventually pay very well in a town with very few well-paying jobs. Plus, after my daughter grows up and leaves for school, I can go anywhere in the US that I want and still have the same job.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #40
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

I have a love/hate relationship with my job. For some strange reason, I really do enjoy what I do. It's dirty, hard physical work often times, and I get cuts and scrapes all over my hands and arms, and can most definitely be frustrating, but for whatever odd reason, I like it. I guess because I get instant gratification, as I see the results of my work and knowledge behind it as soon as I'm finished with a job (although sometimes that plan backfires...oops!)

Other times I hate it, usually just when it's slow or I get a string of crap jobs. See I'm paid flat rate, which is commission basically. If there's no work and I'm sitting there with nothing to do, I'm not getting paid squat, yet I have to stay there for 8 hours (yes I've sat around nearly an entire day before, for 3 days straight, with nothing to do). Those are the times I hate it and swear I've gotta find something else. But I never do cuz then I get a few good jobs and I settle down and go back to liking it again, hahaha

My boss is great, co-workers are great, and I don't have to deal with customers. If there's one thing I absolutely cannot stand it's being micro-managed... somebody standing over my shoulder all the time telling me every little thing I'm doing wrong... that's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Not the case here... the boss trusts me (us) to do our job correctly and in full, so unless we run into a problem, he just leaves us alone and lets us work and doesn't hassle us about much of anything

Overall though, I really like it. After I got laid off last year I worked at a junkyard for a few months dismantling cars, and I absolutely HATED it. Boss was always up our ass, shoving more and more workload down our throats without any raise in pay, and on top of that it was just repetitive monkey work with no feeling of accomplishment whatsoever. And the pay was absolute crap for the amount of hard physical work we had to do. Did the exact same thing in the exact same order to every single vehicle. Pull it in, tear it apart, catalog the parts, haul it out, pull in the next one and repeat. That one I did dread going to work everyday. Like others have said though, I'm really glad just to have a job, not only knowing how many people are out of work and struggling, but having been one of them myself I totally know what it's like. That's why even when I get mad cuz there's no work when it's slow, I just remember that I do still have a job to come back to tomorrow. I go to work every morning with a smile just cuz I know there's always a new challenge awaiting me, not the same boring old crap. Plus I get to ride to work everyday, so that's always a plus

I'm a diesel technician for Ford, btw

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote