Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #31
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
ME
Things are grim there. Rest of my family is still there, barely hanging on.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

if your life doesn't excite you... change it. you only get one go... and only YOU get the rewards or the pitfalls... so fuck what everyone else says/thinks/wants... live a life for yourself...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Seems to be a pattern here. I left MI 16 years ago.

Is there anyone besides Gasman and the dude from GR left?

Sorry for the jack.
Not really!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #34
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I agree with Karl and Moira, Triple. As trite as it sounds, where ever you go, there you are. You change your geography but your ass is gonna be right there with you. Don't get me wrong, I've moved more than anyone I know. Across cities, states, and countries. But I wasn't running away, and that sounds like what you're doing.

Just FYI, not knowing what you want to be when you grow up, but knowing that it doesn't involve a cube farm, yet sometimes having to suck that reality up for awhile while continuing to explore what you really want, isn't that uncommon. I'll be 43 in 2 months and just figured out what I am supposed to be doing, kind of, that will be fulfilling to me, about a month ago. And there's no school to go to for what I want to do, no A-Z path to walk... and no guarantee of a job that'll pay me enough to support myself. But I'm moving forward in baby steps if that's what it takes to get there.

And don't just bail on your wife. Even if she is super-bitch of the universe and everything that's wrong in your marriage is her fault (which we both know isn't the truth) be fair. I'm not saying stay married. I'm saying reach down, grab your balls, be a man and tell her what you want and need that isn't coming from the place of a petulant child.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #35
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I could finish my degree, but then what? I've been trying to find a path in life for... well, my whole life. I don't have one. I am not wired for the office, for the 9 to 5, none of that shit. I can't think of a single, rational career choice that I would ever be content with, let alone enjoy. I'm almost 30 years old and I've spent most of my adult life pretending to be something I'm not.
I feel for ya Trip. I'm kind of in the same boat myself. And I have no advice for you as I have no idea what I'm going to do. If I figure it out, I'll let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
He had just gotten some tests and made me take them. The Myers-Briggs personality test was a waste to me, but the other new test about my interests was a winner. I googled it and believe it was the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey (CISS). My highest interest back in 1972 was Forest Ranger.
I love tests like this. I need to find this and see what is says for me.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #36
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Shrinks need shrinks after they've held session with me. Been there.

I don't look for happiness anywhere. Gave that up years ago. Distraction is where it's at.
I disagree. You need to find out what it is that you want in life.

As far as jobs go you need to think about what you want in life and then find a job that you will enjoy that can give you that. If that job can't then you need a different job or you need to have less in your life so that you can live on that income.

You know you don't want to work in an office. That is a start. What else do you want or not want?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #37
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Yes, but I got bored and came back on Monday.

When I was 13, I bought a backpack, and ran away from home.

When I was 17, I joined the Navy. They gave me a backpack for free, but it was green. I would have thought they'd use grey or blue, but no, it was green. How weird is that? Stupid Navy.

When I was 21, I got out of the Navy, bought a 500 Titan, and headed West.

That was 10 countries, two wives, four fiancees, one kid who really doesn't look like me at all, and 18,000 beers ago. I may have also smoked a joint once. It's hard to tell.

By all means, run away as fast as you can. Life is closing in on you, and it will catch up. It always does.

Before you contact a travel gnome, you might want to man up and deal with your wife. G-Rex is spot on here: Shit happens, people suck and Paul is the walrus.

Don't believe me?

Go listen to the album. You can play it frontwards, backwards, or upside fucking down. Paul is the walrus.

Clean slate dude. If you're going to go on a walkabout, you need to feed your inner karma chameleon.

That's two obscure pop references for the price of one.

You owe me eight dollars.

JC
Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 AM   #38
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Yes, but I got bored and came back on Monday.

When I was 13, I bought a backpack, and ran away from home.

When I was 17, I joined the Navy. They gave me a backpack for free, but it was green. I would have thought they'd use grey or blue, but no, it was green. How weird is that? Stupid Navy.

When I was 21, I got out of the Navy, bought a 500 Titan, and headed West.

That was 10 countries, two wives, four fiancees, one kid who really doesn't look like me at all, and 18,000 beers ago. I may have also smoked a joint once. It's hard to tell.

By all means, run away as fast as you can. Life is closing in on you, and it will catch up. It always does.

Before you contact a travel gnome, you might want to man up and deal with your wife. G-Rex is spot on here: Shit happens, people suck and Paul is the walrus.

Don't believe me?

Go listen to the album. You can play it frontwards, backwards, or upside fucking down. Paul is the walrus.

Clean slate dude. If you're going to go on a walkabout, you need to feed your inner karma chameleon.

That's two obscure pop references for the price of one.

You owe me eight dollars.

JC
Wow that was an idesmo post.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:41 AM   #39
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Wow that was an idesmo post.
Yes, it was.

Now I'm going to singing that freaking song all day.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #40
mutley
Kneedragger

Yes at around 23 had enought chucked some chlose in back of dodge commer van and then spent nearly 17 homeless travled the world done many things. climed up to the 19th course of khufu's pyrimd if you go higher thay start shootiong at you. missed some good opertunites ect but do not reget anything....

They say Life is a waste of Time, and Time is a waste of Life....so let's all get wasted and have the time of our lives !!

I've been dating this girl for a year and now the nagging starts.." I wanna know your name !" and things like that... :-(

everyone has the right to be stupid.....I just abuse the privilege !
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote