Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Oh ya totally agree with you on that one. I think I just went into a blind "speeding tickets for safety" rage and couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I'm with you on that. If you did it just suck it up and take the ticket. I never argue, am never rude, and am always polite. It's not their fault.
I totally agree there's areas where it's like "Why the fuck is this a 40 mph zone??? 4 lanes, median, turn lanes.... NO turns, hills, or schools? Make that bitch a 60 zone, dammit!" But I guess here, there's some law that if there's sidewalks, the speed limit can be no higher than 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
is the cop more wrong for writing a ticket on a "bad law", or are you more wrong for breaking a law or a process that the public (maybe not you) has deemed acceptable?
We are more wrong for breaking the law. We can't just choose to not obey things because we disagree - I mean, I could say, I disagree that robbing a bank is illegal... but ya know what? If I do it, chances are, I'm gonna get shot!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #32
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
is the cop more wrong for writing a ticket on a "bad law", or are you more wrong for breaking a law or a process that the public (maybe not you) has deemed acceptable?
More wrong for the cop. He sees it from the inside, knows traffic enforcement in its current state as what it truly is, and then proceeds to enforce anyway.

Unless the person receiving the ticket was actually endangering the public in some way (excessive speeding/swerving, tailgating, wheeling on surface streets, DWI, mounted machine gun, etc. etc.)
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #33
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You've got to earn respect, and you can't do that with a taser or treating people like dogs.

...and they all don't do that. As a matter of fact most don't.

People need to show respect until they have a reason not to...to the individual...not just because they are a police officer or not and yes it goes both ways.

If you were a cop and had to deal with wiseazz azzhats on a daily basis it would be difficult for you to be Mr. Nice Guy with every individual you dealt with as well.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
...and they all don't do that. As a matter of fact most don't.

People need to show respect until they have a reason not to...to the individual...not just because they are a police officer or not and yes it goes both ways.

If you were a cop and had to deal with wiseazz azzhats on a daily basis it would be difficult for you to be Mr. Nice Guy with every individual you dealt with as well.
In that case I would resign as a police officer and pursue a different career. The ability to be polite and act in the interest of public service/relation in the face of wiseazz azzhats is a core quality for any peace officer to have.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #35
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
In that case I would resign as a police officer and pursue a different career. The ability to be polite and act in the interest of public service/relation in the face of wiseazz azzhats is a core quality for any peace officer to have.
Well just to be clear...when you quoted me this is what I was agreeing with...

"Its an overall lack of mutual respect thoughout society
Teachers
Police
Parents
Elders

Police aren't going to get any special treatment"

Oh and I agree with what you say above too and most around here do seem to. However when an officer is just trying to do their job and they pull you and ask for ID etc....it makes no sense to me for the person pulled over to automatically cop an attitude with the mindset "you've got to earn my respect"...just stfu and show them your ID.

...so I wasn't just talking about police officers deserving respect.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #36
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Oh and I agree with what you say above too and most around here do seem to. However when an officer is just trying to do their job and they pull you and ask for ID etc....it makes no sense to me for the person pulled over to automatically cop an attitude with the mindset "you've got to earn my respect"...just stfu and show them your ID.

...so I wasn't just talking about police officers deserving respect.
Yea, me too. I'm very friendly, keep my hands exposed, make sure to pull over in a safe area (yes I will drive miles and miles down the highway until the next exit before I pull over) etc. etc.

BUT, if I want to cop an attitude with a cop, call him a fucking pig and so forth I should be able to without threat of being tased.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #37
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
More wrong for the cop. He sees it from the inside, knows traffic enforcement in its current state as what it truly is, and then proceeds to enforce anyway.
Um, okay, so it's his fault for doing his JOB? Let's see, if he DOESN'T do his job, then.. um... he could LOSE his job.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #38
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Yea, me too. I'm very friendly, keep my hands exposed, make sure to pull over in a safe area (yes I will drive miles and miles down the highway until the next exit before I pull over) etc. etc.

BUT, if I want to cop an attitude with a cop, call him a fucking pig and so forth I should be able to without threat of being tased.
Well I agree with the first part and I'll agree with the second part if you turn around and put your hands behind you if they ask you to as well if you're gonna run your pie hole like that...if you don't...and you resist...oh well.

It's just funny to me that everyone wants respect but if something doesn't go their way...they don't want to give it.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #39
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Um, okay, so it's his fault for doing his JOB? Let's see, if he DOESN'T do his job, then.. um... he could LOSE his job.
Yes it is his fault.

Extreme example: If a unit commander orders a private to throw a grenade into a room with women and children is it his fault if he kills them? Yes, yes it is. We are all responsible for our actions, job or not.

Quote:
Well I agree with the first part and I'll agree with the second part if you turn around and put your hands behind you if they ask you to as well if you're gonna run your pie hole like that...if you don't...and you resist...oh well.

It's just funny to me that everyone wants respect but if something doesn't go their way...they don't want to give it.
Talking shit is one thing, becoming a physical threat is another.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

Talking shit is one thing, becoming a physical threat is another.
HOWEVER if you're gonna be that azzhat...they are within their rights to cuff you to further check you out if they consider you a threat to become physical. If you start talking the chit you descibed above they can detain you and take their sweet little time and make you sit there...again...it goes both ways. You are showing no respect so you are not getting as much as you would if you would just stfu and cooperate. You would have already been on your way but not now wiseazz.

No I'm not a cop.