Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

I don't understand the notion that taking action to prevent a girl who is already on the ground and getting kicked in the head repeatedly would somehow 'make things worse'.

A shoving match or 'fair fight', sure. But to just watch a potentially life-threatening situation like that going down with ZERO effort to stop the repeated kicking?

A job-description is no excuse for lack of humanity.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #32
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
This whole "someone else protect me" thing is seriously fucked up. Its a weak mentality that speaks to and results in a lot of serious societal problems. Every man and woman has a responsibility to themselves to step up to the plate in certain situations...and that means preparing yourself. Jesus, even if its just a women's kickboxing class....DO SOMETHING YOU PUSSIES!!!
Totally agree!

In trouble? - just call the cops!... and they'll be right over after a while to take pics of your body to do the paperwork.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

No matter what you guys think, security guards are not cops.

Yes, I think someone sure as fuck should have stepped in, but the reality is, it isnt their job. They are not officers, they have no special training, they get a vest and flashlight, and no gun.

It seems you guys have no idea what a security guards job is. Its not to break up fights. They arent cops or bouncers. They are there to patrol and report. Thats it. Most security companies strictly forbid getting involved in violence.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

Yes, I think someone sure as fuck should have stepped in, but the reality is, it isnt their job. They are not officers, they have no special training, they get a vest and flashlight, and no gun.

It seems you guys have no idea what a security guards job is. Its not to break up fights. They arent cops or bouncers. They are there to patrol and report. Thats it. Most security companies strictly forbid getting involved in violence.
I'm sayin it is completely irrelevant what their job title was. I don't care if they were male nurses, they were there and had two arms and legs. The fact that they were actually security guards just increases their total pussy factor.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

humanity > job description
Old 02-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
I'm sayin it is completely irrelevant what their job title was. I don't care if they were male nurses, they were there and had two arms and legs. The fact that they were actually security guards just increases their total pussy factor.
How many guards have you met. Most of them are complete pussies on a huge power trip, who think people are scared of them because of their job title.

Then when shit hits the fan, they hide like scared little bitches.

Would I have done something? Hell yes. But i've got experience with shit like this, and I know that everything is a weapon, everybody bleeds, and there are no fair fights. But its fight or flight. Most people flee.

And im betting most of the guys in this thread would do what the guards did, while hoping there wasnt a camera around to catch their patheticness.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #37
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
How many guards have you met. Most of them are complete pussies on a huge power trip, who think people are scared of them because of their job title.

Then when shit hits the fan, they hide like scared little bitches.

Would I have done something? Hell yes. But i've got experience with shit like this, and I know that everything is a weapon, everybody bleeds, and there are no fair fights. But its fight or flight. Most people flee.

And im betting most of the guys in this thread would do what the guards did, while hoping there wasnt a camera around to catch their patheticness.
We're not arguing then, we're agreeing. These guys are little bitches....that's all I was saying.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #38
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:

I haven't read the whole thread. But don't need to. This highlited part is the crux to me. Fuck what their JOB is. You have a responsibility as a human being to look out for those weaker than you. And there is ALWAYS someone weaker. Its pathetic and sad that every single day people stand by and watch stuff like this go down and don't step in. They are scared or don't care. And either way its fucking disgusting. If you aren't willing to put yourself in harms way to help or possibly save another life I understand, but only a little. You can yell, jump up and down, or any number of other things that may stop or slow what is going on. Find a way to make your otherwise useless sack of shit self be a part of a solution.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #39
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
We're not arguing then, we're agreeing. These guys are little bitches....that's all I was saying.
yep and if you touch that 15 year old girl doing the stomping, i gaurantee she goes home to her parents and says you assaulted her. you just caused a huge lawsuit for the security company. how long do you think you will retain your job? i know who cares about employment these days, lots of jobs out there.
ever taken any lifegaurd courses? rule #1 save yourself first.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

[QUOTE=Kerry_129;335271]I don't understand the notion that taking action to prevent a girl who is already on the ground and getting kicked in the head repeatedly would somehow 'make things worse'.
[QUOTE]

If someone had stepped in, the violence would have escalated - possibly to the point that nobody knew who the bad guy was...like I said - I would HOPE that I would step in, but in reality, I probably would have moved farther away. Call me a pussy - yup. That's me. I'm not macho, even on the internet. Given that all of this happened in a split second - how do you know who the bad guy is? Unless you're trained. Passer-bys don't know what happened, they don't even have time to react. What if she stole the purse from them and now she's getting the shit kicked out of her - then you start beating on the 'victim' - well hell.
How about if we just all get vest that identify "bad guy" or "good guy" then we'll all be ready ... just in case.
it's easy to watch a short video and comment on 'what should have happened' For people who've been in this situation (or worse - how do we know there weren't 2 or 3 concealed weapons in this scenario) - you really do NOT know how you will react. You'd like to THINK you know - and you'd like to hope that you'll behave in a humane rational way - but the reality might be completely different.

Until you've been in that situation, you really do NOT know.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote