Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #31
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i was listening to bubba this morning and a guy came on with vader voice to talk about it. main points :
this whale is the biggest in captivity. 12000 lbs, not scared of shit.
it is used ONLY to breed with the females when they are in heat and to splash the audience.
he has killed 5 previous people, originally from canada. usually afterward they ship it to another park and give it another name.
everyone (staff) knows that this whale is very aggressive.
whenever the gates are open, bells and whistles are rung so that all trainers know that this aggressive whale is in the main tank, and to keep 3-5' away from the walls.

so basically , unfortunately, it was the trainers fault. she was on the dry dock platform talking to people and did not make the proper safety adjustments to get out or away from the tank. the whale slid up on the dock, bit her leg when she wasn't looking, and dragged her under. game over.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #32
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Think maybe its his way of saying, 'i'd rather be out there?'

Seriously? What do you do? You take an amazing predator out of the ocean (or wild in the case of grizzly's) and put it in a cage, from no crime of its own, you cant really complain it kills people. It may as well, its got the life sentence already...

We can only hope to be as crafty if/when our own governments start caging us up without reason
Pretty much what I was going to post...well except for the government caging us up part.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Just leave the animals alone and this shit will kinda not happen but I'm sure some dumbass will swim naked out into the ocean to pet flipper and get eaten by a blow fish.
The point is that it is ironic and mindless for a motorcyclist to make fun of someone's death because they were taking a risk.

Everyone who lives a fun life does dangerous things. This trainer was one of their most experienced, had been doing this 16 years....some motorcyclists don't even live through their first month on the street, but when a fellow motorcyclist dies we don't say, "Well, dumbass had it coming, should've been driving an airbag laden SUV"

Some "dumbass" is usually the reason we know as much about the earth as we do, because they're willing to take chances and explore, despite a risk of death or injury. We shouldn't condemn or make fun of them, we should celebrate their efforts and mourn their passing. I know, I know, its the internet and guys have to look tough by making fun of dead people, I get it...its always been like that on forums. I'm just annoyed by a lack of independent and reasonable thought.

For the record, I don't think Killer Whales should be held in captivity unless they're not physically capable of surviving in the wild. It'd be like if people spent most of their waking time caged in a little cardboard cubicle staring at a screen....oh....wait....
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

So what do you do with a whale like that? Im sure if you let him go he'll just start picking off Canadian fishermen.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #35
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
So what do you do with a whale like that? Im sure if you let him go he'll just start picking off Canadian fishermen.
They do have ocean re-introduction programs for them, and apparently they do work very well. Whales are supposedly a lot more accepting than people

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #36
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

lolz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AllMyTrainers.jpg (101.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg ShitOutWetSuit.jpg (107.2 KB, 85 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #37
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

so that would make him a serial killer whale right? :Lol:
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #39
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
so that would make him a serial killer whale right? :Lol:
Oh I feel guilty for laughing at that!!!!!!!!

How many people do they get to kill before we put them down though? If a dog kills ONE person they are dead - this whale's killed at least 3, maybe 5 people????
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #40
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Oh I feel guilty for laughing at that!!!!!!!!

How many people do they get to kill before we put them down though? If a dog kills ONE person they are dead - this whale's killed at least 3, maybe 5 people????
They wont put him down.

That would be crueller then him killing handlers. The whale didnt do anything wrong.

He should be set free, not trapped in a bathtub. Maybe if he kills more, they'll get the picture.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote