Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you mow yourself or pay someone?
Mow it myself! 36 80.00%
Pay someone! 5 11.11%
Something about whores here. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #31
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

i put mow myself but really all i did was go buy a new riding tractor and the g/f took over from there. takes 4 hours or so to get done but she enjoys it.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Taking care of my yard is something I truly enjoy. I mow, weedeat, and anything else that needs to be done. This afternoon I will be aerating it and overseeding.

If you have two acres to mow, I would suggest at least a 50" zero turn mower with at least a 22 hp motor.
Same here, brother. I enjoy mowing the lawn. Need to do some seeding. I did some overseeding in the fall. Didn't seem to do much.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #33
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I've always mowed my own until we bought our current home a little over 4 years ago. I hired a guy and used him for 3 years but he started getting too much in a hurry and getting sloppy and I finally said enough is enough and ended the agreement.

I went out and bought all the yard stuff and started doing it myself last year.

Last edited by z06boy; 04-09-2010 at 08:54 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Mow it myself...for now. But allergies fuckin kill me, so after I get a raise this year, I'll likely hire out a neighborhood kid to mow my lawn next summer.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #35
MILK
The cows want you dead.

You with the 0 turns. I already bought one of those - and at the time it cost more than my car! $5,500. However that is residing somewhere else now.. And I would sooner cut off my arm than ask my ex to mow my yard.

This is a rural area, most of my land was pasture immeditely prior to my moving in. It doesn't have to be pretty. I am not interested in the time involved in mowing. I would rather be playing with my kid, running, gardening, or riding my bike (which I guess I could sell for that 0 turn, right? )

Thanks for the replies! I have someone that's going to quote me a price today. I have been quoted one ($50) but I am not so sure about that guy so called a service. I may yet end up buying a mower too. When it comes to time vs money - well I like keeping my money too!

Wish I had a neighborhood kid to ask. I just don't have any neighbors! Well I do have ONE neighbor.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #36
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I do my own. I do 2 acres with a walk-behind. I like the exercise and being outside.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #37
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I do my own. I do 2 acres with a walk-behind. I like the exercise and being outside.
2 acres with a walk-behind...yep that is definitely exercise.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Same here, brother. I enjoy mowing the lawn. Need to do some seeding. I did some overseeding in the fall. Didn't seem to do much.
I would offer my .02, but I have no idea about your zone. Down here we overseed with Rye in the fall. Give some color in winter and early spring. I'm currently fixing some bad spots with tall fescue. It's not a grass that will ever look like a golf course, but it is nice and green and very draught tolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Holy hell!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #39
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
I would offer my .02, but I have no idea about your zone. Down here we overseed with Rye in the fall. Give some color in winter and early spring. I'm currently fixing some bad spots with tall fescue. It's not a grass that will ever look like a golf course, but it is nice and green and very draught tolerant.

Holy hell!!!!!!!!
My soil sucks. My front yard is the worst. I over fertilized a couple years ago and made it look real shitty...hasn't recovered.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #40
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My soil sucks. My front yard is the worst. I over fertilized a couple years ago and made it look real shitty...hasn't recovered.
Shade or sun?