Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #31
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Well that's not an answer. Do you mind if people rip a nice stinking one in front of you? Or a some 300 lbs bitch with god awful BO decides you are her new friend and wants to have a lengthy chat?
It's not an answer because the question is stupid.

They're already trying to regulate how much fat, salt, and sugar we're "allowed" to use, you want to outlaw gassy food and fat bitches too?

Quote:
I don't mind if you smoke, but please do it in your little designated areas. I won't come over there and say anything.
You better not.

I'm already pissed off that I can't even smoke in a fucking bar, because some happy assholes decided it wasn't "fair".

What's funny, is that all the talk about personal liberty, and how everyone is fed up with PC bullshit, goes right out the window when it comes to cigarettes.

JC
Old 05-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
What's funny, is that all the talk about personal liberty, and how everyone is fed up with PC bullshit, goes right out the window when it comes to cigarettes.

JC
Because non smokers really hate smoking. It's nasty. You don't mind it because it's what you do, the rest of us don't want to be around that shit so we don't really care when they take it away from you guys.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #33
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Would you like to sign my petition against lung cancer?

That was the question I was asked by someone collecting signatures to get the request for a ban against smoking in public areas onto the ballot in Austin.

She might as well have asked me if I wanted to sign a petition against killing baby kittens.

Though, people voted - it passed. I just found it a shady way to collect signatures. If it would have passed on it's own measure, why not be honest with the first question?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Would you like to sign my petition against lung cancer?

That was the question I was asked by someone collecting signatures to get the request for a ban against smoking in public areas onto the ballot in Austin.

She might as well have asked me if I wanted to sign a petition against killing baby kittens.

Though, people voted - it passed. I just found it a shady way to collect signatures. If it would have passed on it's own measure, why not be honest with the first question?
its all about shock value to get you to buy into that sort of stuff. kinda like the new anti smoking commercials that show pics of lungs riddled with cancer.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #35
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Because non smokers really hate smoking. It's nasty. You don't mind it because it's what you do, the rest of us don't want to be around that shit so we don't really care when they take it away from you guys.
That's my point. Non-smokers seem to believe that personal liberty should only apply to them.

You pushed us out of offices, restaurants and buildings in general. For the most part, we tried to see it your way. You have a problem with indoor smoke, we get that. Now you want to push us off the sidewalks and local parks as well.

So, on behalf of smokers everywhere, we would like to cordially invite you to eat shit, and bark at the moon.

JC
Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #36
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
They're already trying to regulate how much fat, salt, and sugar we're "allowed" to use, you want to outlaw gassy food and fat bitches too?
i have been lobbying to outlaw fat bitches for YEARS!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #37
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i have been lobbying to outlaw fat bitches for YEARS!
this!

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
its all about shock value to get you to buy into that sort of stuff. kinda like the new anti smoking commercials that show pics of lungs riddled with cancer.
Oh yea because everyone knows that smoking has nothing to do with cancer...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That's my point. Non-smokers seem to believe that personal liberty should only apply to them.

You pushed us out of offices, restaurants and buildings in general. For the most part, we tried to see it your way. You have a problem with indoor smoke, we get that. Now you want to push us off the sidewalks and local parks as well.

So, on behalf of smokers everywhere, we would like to cordially invite you to eat shit, and bark at the moon.

JC
When you can show me how my not smoking adversely affects your health, well being and happiness.... I'm 100% for personal liberties that DON'T affect me. You can do whatever you want as long as I don't have to hear it, see it, smell it, etc...

BTW what happened to all of our eco-warriors? Do you know how long it takes for a cigarette butt to break down? Do you know how much nicotine (a poison) and other chemicals are introduced into the soil and groundwater from butts? Do you realize that the same chemicals are released into the air from smoking that are released from cars? You don't call that pollution?

Oh and you love to call my intelligence into question, how incredibly stupid do you have to be to use something that gives ZERO benefits and that you know will eventually bring you to a horrible and pain full death? Now that's a "dim bulb"!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Well that's not an answer. Do you mind if people rip a nice stinking one in front of you? Or a some 300 lbs bitch with god awful BO decides you are her new friend and wants to have a lengthy chat?

I don't mind if you smoke, but please do it in your little designated areas. I won't come over there and say anything.
No, no, no that's not good enough! They are like gays, and other fringe groups, it's not good enough to be able to do something, the rest of us must accept it. We must have it in our faces, we must experience it with them.... I don't know, go ahead and kill your selves but if it were up to me, you wouldn't get state sponsored health care, right along with the obese, homosexuals, drug addicts, etc.