Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #31
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I just read books on my phone, is it really that much better on a Kindle?
Yes. It really is. I bought one a few months ago, and love it. There is zero glare, it has the appearance of real paper, so even outside in the bright sun I can read it perfectly while I relax with a drink or whatever. One of my favourite pices of tech actually, since it makes getting books so easy, and makes reading them even easier.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #32
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
with Kindle app. Why pay $300 just to read books?
Accessability. No running to the bookstore, no ordering books if they dont have what you want, no need to use bookmarks or anything like that. You want a book, go into the kindle store, do a search, buy and download. Plus, as I said, unlike a phone app, there is zero glare, its just like reading paper.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #33
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

The Kindle app allows me to dowload books directly to my Droid X. Win. Apparently, I can't download newspapers or magazines using the app. I'm honestly not bothered as I can read the newspapers and magazines that I'm interested in directly in my browser already.

Other than that, I guess I don't see the need to spend the money on an additional device that does essentially what I can already do on my phone? Or am I missing something about the Kindle itself? I'm honestly not all that familiar with it's features and capabilities.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #34
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
Amazon just announced the 6" kindle in the graphite color to be released in august (27th I think).. without 3g, it's $139, with 3g it's $189. boyfriend has a kindle, I steal it from him every chance I get
I got the wife a new 3G kindle (not the new DX) back on July 1st at Woot for $150. Gave it to her for our 7yr anniversary. She loves it!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I got the wife a new 3G kindle (not the new DX) back on July 1st at Woot for $150. Gave it to her for our 7yr anniversary. She loves it!
7 years with you? Wow that some patient woman you have there! I was tired of you after a couple days....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
The Kindle app allows me to dowload books directly to my Droid X. Win. Apparently, I can't download newspapers or magazines using the app. I'm honestly not bothered as I can read the newspapers and magazines that I'm interested in directly in my browser already.

Other than that, I guess I don't see the need to spend the money on an additional device that does essentially what I can already do on my phone? Or am I missing something about the Kindle itself? I'm honestly not all that familiar with it's features and capabilities.
It's like anything, those that have it swear by it and those that don't, don't get it... I've used a Kindle and it is cool BUT when I'm at home, I can read using my laptop if I want and when I'm out, I use my phone. A kindle would be just another piece of crap for me to drag around that I don't really need right now. Besides, I'd break it for sure... Oh and I'M not reading books on the beach or whatever, so the lack of glare really doesn't entice me all that much...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #37
Apoc

Quote:
Oh and I'M not reading books on the beach or whatever, so the lack of glare really doesn't entice me all that much...
You dont sit out on the deck in the sun and read? I prefer it to indoors.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

jealousface is jealous

I've gotta get back in the w00t habit!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #39
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
7 years with you? Wow that some patient woman you have there! I was tired of you after a couple days....
I know right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post

jealousface is jealous

I've gotta get back in the w00t habit!
I check everyday religously!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #40
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

My boss has the nook and loves it. FYI, the right page flip arrow on the case has a bad habit of cracking since you press it the most. Apparently they are recalling and fixing them, I think you only pay shipping.