Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I use Old Spice body wash. Most women always say I smell good, so no point changing. I hate bar soap, just seems like a pain to get enough soap lathered up to actually use it. And I think that how each reacts has something to do with body chemistry, oils, etc. Hard or soft water probably has an effect, too.

Oh, and you might be able to get your money back. Call the 800 number on the back and complain. Sometimes they'll send you a check, other times it's coupons for other shit. Worst they can do is say, "take a hike"
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #32
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I used to use Axe body wash without any issues, but now it's just whatever is cheap. Soap is soap. Bars don't work for me though.

I use Axe body spray and receive nothing but compliments. I don't just buy any scent I come across though.. some of them do stink in a bad way.. same can be said for any body spray though. Some scents work, others don't.

I don't understand why some of you think that just because it says Axe on the bottle it must be bad.. that's just asinine. If you walked by some random fuck on the street I seriously doubt you'd be able to pick out what body spray brand they're wearing. Unless you're taking stereotypes into consideration, but that's besides the point because not everyone buys into that shit. Let's just be honest here.. most body sprays smell the same across all brands. It only becomes a problem when too much is used.. it's a strong scent.. only need a little.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I used to use Axe body wash without any issues, but now it's just whatever is cheap. Soap is soap. Bars don't work for me though.

I use Axe body spray and receive nothing but compliments. I don't just buy any scent I come across though.. some of them do stink in a bad way.. same can be said for any body spray though. Some scents work, others don't.

I don't understand why some of you think that just because it says Axe on the bottle it must be bad.. that's just asinine. If you walked by some random fuck on the street I seriously doubt you'd be able to pick out what body spray brand they're wearing. Unless you're taking stereotypes into consideration, but that's besides the point because not everyone buys into that shit. Let's just be honest here.. most body sprays smell the same across all brands. It only becomes a problem when too much is used.. it's a strong scent.. only need a little.
Part of it is how its used (amount) and also the scent. Its also has something to do with body chemicals as well. One product will smell good on one person and not on another. There is a perfume that is out that my mother really likes but she said on her it makes her smell like a cheap whore. LOL.

And some scents just smell better to some people. I like Soft Soap but they have some that I don't like. If it has a perfume type of scent I don't like it. I like a more natural sent I guess.

Soaps are different and one product doesn't really fit all.

As far as knowing the type of body spray I think some people can tell you the brand. They need to know the scent to be able to name it off. They can tell a difference. Some girls were covered in Polo at a Jr High dance and when they ran by screaming I new it was Polo I was smelling.

There is a guy in my fire school that uses Axe body spray. Most of the class will bitch at him for it. I seen him do just the shoulder to hip spray like they do in the ads and people complained to him.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #34
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma View Post
Put the antidotes in doughnuts and eat 2! Yes, I'm a TMNT fan. Speaking of which, you do tend to remind me of Michelangelo...or however you spell his name.
a party dude?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What I don't get is when people will use one brand of body wash, and another brand of body spray

I dont care what brand of body wash you use, they all leave a smell no matter how much you try to rinse them off, so it's going to conflict with the body spray you use unless it's the same scent
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

We really do have a quite interesting forum here....

I use Axe Snakepeel and have been for a while. I went so far as to buy 10 bottles of it when it went on sale. Apparently Axe has moved on to other things and won't be selling it anyone, unfortunate. Oh well, I'll come up with something else once I run out.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
We really do have a quite interesting forum here....

I use Axe Snakepeel and have been for a while. I went so far as to buy 10 bottles of it when it went on sale. Apparently Axe has moved on to other things and won't be selling it anyone, unfortunate. Oh well, I'll come up with something else once I run out.
I thought I just saw that at meijer the other day...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #38
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I like the sell of the Irish Spring body wash, my wife loves the Old Spice High Endurance; so those are the two I use. Neither of them is overpowering, else I would not use them.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #39
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I use Old Spice soap and deodorant, and I smell just fine. All that man perfume is bad for you. If you wore deodorant, you don't need to spray atomized douchebaggery all over yourself. And here's another hint guys, chapstick is fine, lip gloss isn't. And you might use a little hair jelly or some pomade, but nothing that sounds like a French dessert should go on your head.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #40
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

The hubby uses AXE body wash and I love it. But I'm also the one who usually picks it out.

I cant stand bar soap, it makes me squeak too, but thats because it leaves that nasty soap film on my skin. Ick. Not to mention drying out my skin. I use a body wash, but it never makes my skin smell out of the shower. I'm one of those folks that cant use just any scent tho. I have a high acidic level and it will change nice perfumes to OFF bug spray and makeup to strange colors. I just throw on some lotion and if I get the added benefit of smelling nice, bonus.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote