Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over200 View Post
Not disputing what's right or wrong just everytime you speak before something happens seems to go the other way!!..just speaking from my own experience in life!...The guy proly got more $$$ from someone else or changed his mind and kept it or traded for something else he wanted would be my guess...Bottom line...not meant to be...something better waiting down the road!
I am betting the guy told the dude who came and bought it that he had a sure thing at dlits money and the dude offered him more and he took it. I would do the same shit. I would of never told dlit it was reserved for him in the first place though. That is shady. I don't consider it reserved til I have the cash in my hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am betting the guy told the dude who came and bought it that he had a sure thing at dlits money and the dude offered him more and he took it. I would do the same shit. I would of never told dlit it was reserved for him in the first place though. That is shady. I don't consider it reserved til I have the cash in my hand.
True story.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #33
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

i shoulda gave him some hold money, ya. But still...when you give somebody your word, at least give him a chance to see if he/she can match what somebody else is offering. I woulda paid $7,800 for it. That's what the book is, plus he has almost $2k in mods.

Fuck it. I'm looking at a '08 1000RR tomorrow. Same price, just that it's bone stock. I started these searches with a R1 or RR in mind. We'll see what happens...

I know I'm not posting SHIT until I have it my garage, lol. God, I want to drink so much right now.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Either that or someone offered him the same money but was ready to pay on the spot. If he told DLIT it was his if he got the cash by Friday that was stupid on his part. If he sat around waiting for that money while someone was waving the same amount or more in his face that would be even dumber.

It still sucks and good luck finding another. Prices do seem a little high there. There are at least a half dozen similar R1s on Craigslist around here listed for $7,500 or less.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #35
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

that sucks dude. Sorry.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #36
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
i shoulda gave him some hold money, ya. But still...when you give somebody your word, at least give him a chance to see if he/she can match what somebody else is offering. I woulda paid $7,800 for it. That's what the book is, plus he has almost $2k in mods.

Fuck it. I'm looking at a '08 1000RR tomorrow. Same price, just that it's bone stock. I started these searches with a R1 or RR in mind. We'll see what happens...

I know I'm not posting SHIT until I have it my garage, lol. God, I want to drink so much right now.
You may want to check cycletrader.com for the CBR. Here is one ad for a still new 08 for $7,600. New matters to some more than others. If it matters to you it may be worth the extra that shipping will cost you. That also assumes the dealer isn't chucking hundreds more on top for prep fees and shit.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...000RR-95746525
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #37
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Either that or someone offered him the same money but was ready to pay on the spot. If he told DLIT it was his if he got the cash by Friday that was stupid on his part. If he sat around waiting for that money while someone was waving the same amount or more in his face that would be even dumber.

It still sucks and good luck finding another. Prices do seem a little high there. There are at least a half dozen similar R1s on Craigslist around here listed for $7,500 or less.
There's plenty for that or lower here, too. Just too many miles for my liking. I can get a leftover '09 for $9,400 OTD in Cali. I'm gonna bring that quote to a dealer here and see what they can do on a leftover '09.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #38
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Why a liter for the street?

IMO...get the 1000rr 2009 instead of an 07 R1. The R1 needs mods to get it right. The Honda has good shit outta the box. It's too much power for my tastes tho.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 06-30-2010 at 10:51 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #39
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

600 track bike FTW! Good luck finding a bike man, I feel ya. I wouldnt mind having a 1k for the street either, I think Im getting lazy, but I wouldnt trade my 600 on the track for a 1k.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #40
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Why a liter for the street?

IMO...get the 1000rr 2009 instead of an 07 R1. The R1 needs mods to get it right. The Honda has good shit outta the box. It's too much power for my tastes tho.
Looking at a '08 RR today. Same price, bone stock, 5000 miles.