Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #31
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Never any fun!
The wife and I were out to lunch: As I'm pulling into her office complex, he lights me up.

Her reaction was: "Great, what did you do?"
Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The wife and I were out to lunch: As I'm pulling into her office complex, he lights me up.

Her reaction was: "Great, what did you do?"
blame first/ask questions later...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
florida's "dmv's" are privately run. they're freakin disasters. i remember trying to go, and getting there about 30 minutes before they opened. there was already a "line" of non-english speakers 50 people deep. many didn't understand (or maybe just didn't care?) that lines are supposed to have some sort of order.
I made an appointment and got my first in-state license and registered two vehicles in under a half hour... It's ALL about making the appointment.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I made an appointment and got my first in-state license and registered two vehicles in under a half hour... It's ALL about making the appointment.
That and you weren't some CRIMINAL riding around with an expired license...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #35
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
maybe i'm bitterly biased after living there for a few years, but south florida (esp the miami area) seems to be its own entity. can't really compare it to anywhere else in the US.
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #36
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

I know in VA it sucks ass.

They charge you if you do anything in person now.

So I did my license renewal by mail, and since I had a new address I marked the box that said "new address" and filled out all the info

2 weeks later I get my license in the mail with my address looking like they played scrabble with both addresses.

I call and they want me to pay even more for them to fix their fuck up. Told I can go online and do this also.

Go online fill out a bunch of shit, then they send a message saying they will send you a pin number to your house (by snail mail) so you can access the account you had to sign up in order to change stuff around. They don't ask for your address, they go off your license number and use the address you have on their file.

I never got my pin number, (no kidding the address they made up didn't exist) and sent them an email asking them how they planned to get it to me when their screw up with my address is the problem to start with.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #37
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Texas dmv's suck ass too.

http://twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11834
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #38
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
florida's "dmv's" are privately run. they're freakin disasters. i remember trying to go, and getting there about 30 minutes before they opened. there was already a "line" of non-english speakers 50 people deep. many didn't understand (or maybe just didn't care?) that lines are supposed to have some sort of order.
Every one I have ever walked into at any time of the day has been a fucking nightmare...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #39
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper View Post
I know in VA it sucks ass.

They charge you if you do anything in person now.

So I did my license renewal by mail, and since I had a new address I marked the box that said "new address" and filled out all the info

2 weeks later I get my license in the mail with my address looking like they played scrabble with both addresses.

I call and they want me to pay even more for them to fix their fuck up. Told I can go online and do this also.

Go online fill out a bunch of shit, then they send a message saying they will send you a pin number to your house (by snail mail) so you can access the account you had to sign up in order to change stuff around. They don't ask for your address, they go off your license number and use the address you have on their file.

I never got my pin number, (no kidding the address they made up didn't exist) and sent them an email asking them how they planned to get it to me when their screw up with my address is the problem to start with.
Yeah, sounds like a bunch of panicked assholes trying to be "secure", when they have no clue how to even begin to do so.

In the end, no one is more secure, everyone is just more fucking hassled.

I actually was sent home to get a business card to "prove" that I worked for my own company (for which I am sole proprietor of, and share address with), when, of course, anyone could buy some fucking Avery card stock, and pull a Jim Rockford.

The fact that I had a document delivered to me by the USPS was apparently LESS VALID than something out of my printer.

FUCKTARDS!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:03 AM   #40
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Here in CA it's only every 10 years........Yet we're supposed to be a communist state, according to all the teabaggers in flyover country (who it turns out have some of the most repressive & outdated laws against personal privacy & liberties).
We are a Communist state.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote