Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #31
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I am the proof. I was born with level 20 autism....and look at me now baby!

Edit: I'm just fucking around. One side says Marijuana makes you rape seals so I counter with extremes of the opposite.
The problem is:

When those of us that know better see claims of seal raping, those people / sources get immediately ignored as whack-jobs.

The same thing happens when the opposite side makes equally outlandish claims.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #32
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The problem is:

When those of us that know better see claims of seal raping, those people / sources get immediately ignored as whack-jobs.

The same thing happens when the opposite side makes equally outlandish claims.
That would only matter to someone who thinks there's a real chance of legalization. I'm not one of those people.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #33
shmike
Follower

Quote:
That would only matter to someone who thinks there's a real chance of legalization. I'm not one of those people.
So why bother with NORML?

Why be such an advocate online?

If none of it does any good, why do we have to hear about your wonder drug?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #34
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

You dont I suppose... you can do the ignore thing. I just like talking about it, learning about it, etc. Sure, I think people should be educated, but in my heart i dont think legalization is going to happen. Ive said it before.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #35
shmike
Follower

Quote:
You dont I suppose... you can do the ignore thing. I just like talking about it, learning about it, etc. Sure, I think people should be educated, but in my heart i dont think legalization is going to happen. Ive said it before.
Why do you assume my questions are an attack?

I don't want to ignore your posts. I actually enjoy them.

8.5 times out of 10 you offer decent insight and food for thought. You'll bring some ideas that are not often represented in mainstream society. I've found myself doing research and learning based on some of the information you have brought forth.

The problem is that when you go off on your extreme tangents, it is hard to tell what is "Kaneman trying to be funny" and what is "Kaneman got stoned while listening to NPR and is now convinced that baby seals smoking pot have found the cure for autism."

I agree that people should be educated. Education can bring about change...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #36
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Why do you assume my questions are an attack?

I don't want to ignore your posts. I actually enjoy them.

8.5 times out of 10 you offer decent insight and food for thought. You'll bring some ideas that are not often represented in mainstream society. I've found myself doing research and learning based on some of the information you have brought forth.

The problem is that when you go off on your extreme tangents, it is hard to tell what is "Kaneman trying to be funny" and what is "Kaneman got stoned while listening to NPR and is now convinced that baby seals smoking pot have found the cure for autism."
I've actually never listened to NPR.

Its all good, I didn't think you were "attacking" me, you just phrased it like "why do we have to listen to you....you know, like it was a chore or something.

Didn't expect to be taken seriously on the autism cure. For the record, no, Marijuana does not cure autism. However, what mothers who are willing to risk going to prison for their children are finding out is that in edible form there are some very real and significant improvements being made by THC ingesting autistic kids.

Is there going to be real scientific research that backs up what the mothers are claiming? No, no there's not. So its one of those things that if you already know about the tons of benefits from the Cannabis plant then its not a stretch to believe their claims. But if you don't, and you call bullshit on Marijuana as a medicine, then you're not going to buy this either.

http://uf4a.org/ "Unconventional Foundation for Autism."
Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
shmike
Follower

Quote:
I've actually never listened to NPR.

Its all good, I didn't think you were "attacking" me, you just phrased it like "why do we have to listen to you....you know, like it was a chore or something.

Didn't expect to be taken seriously on the autism cure. For the record, no, Marijuana does not cure autism. However, what mothers who are willing to risk going to prison for their children are finding out is that in edible form there are some very real and significant improvements being made by THC ingesting autistic kids.

Is there going to be real scientific research that backs up what the mothers are claiming? No, no there's not. So its one of those things that if you already know about the tons of benefits from the Cannabis plant then its not a stretch to believe their claims. But if you don't, and you call bullshit on Marijuana as a medicine, then you're not going to buy this either.

http://uf4a.org/ "Unconventional Foundation for Autism."

I pulled NPR out of my ass because I knew Glenn Beck would be shot down immediately.

Sorry about taking the MJ comment seriously. It has absolutely shown to have some very positive effects on people with ASD.

If you had said that, I would have given you a but it looked like you may be serious and were grossly overstating the benefits.

The comment about having to listen was more to say: "If you didn't believe in this stuff, you wouldn't be so passionate about it."

It's been a stressful day.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #38
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Oh I believe in this stuff....I just don't believe the legality of it is ever going to change. The more I learn, the less hope I have for it, unfortunately.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #39
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Watching "Trainspotting" should tell you all that you ever need to know about the attitudes towards recreational drug use, vs. alcohol use.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #40
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Oh I believe in this stuff....I just don't believe the legality of it is ever going to change. The more I learn, the less hope I have for it, unfortunately.
It's like with anything else... can't have readily available cures walking about among us. That shit has to be controlled so other larger entities can keep making their bankroll.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote