Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #31
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Hey Rae,

Do you ever stand for long periods of times in them? I haven't bitten the bullet yet to buy them because I really don't run all that much but I am usually in really flat sneakers with no padding. But for standing all day in really flat shoes, my feet get really achy and my back is SCREAMING in pain by noon. I had to go buy a pair of Nike Air Maxes for the hospital. Just wondering if that is common to hurt if you are standing around all day (not necessarily walking) or is it just me?
I spent pretty much 96 hours in em. We went to Hershey Park and few other spot for a couple of days. Constant walking...standing in line, all the fun stuf of chasing the 2 and 5 (now 6)year old around the park.
I took them off to go to bed. Thats about it.

Any soreness of feet had nothing to do with the vibrams.

Yeah they smelled REALLY bad after that trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I was just thinking these the other day. I was wondering if people were still wearing them.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #33
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

I'm interested in getting some purely based on the fact that they are machine washable and keep my feet FLAT for leg workouts.

Can't wash my Shox or UA shoes....
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I'm interested in getting some purely based on the fact that they are machine washable and keep my feet FLAT for leg workouts.

Can't wash my Shox or UA shoes....
I wont do squats or deadlifts in sneakers any more. I'll either do it with the vibrams or no shoes at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #35
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Hey Rae,

Do you ever stand for long periods of times in them? I haven't bitten the bullet yet to buy them because I really don't run all that much but I am usually in really flat sneakers with no padding. But for standing all day in really flat shoes, my feet get really achy and my back is SCREAMING in pain by noon. I had to go buy a pair of Nike Air Maxes for the hospital. Just wondering if that is common to hurt if you are standing around all day (not necessarily walking) or is it just me?
See Paul's response. I find that I am sorer wearing tennis shoes or my workboots than wearing my vibrams. Especially when I have to do something requiring me to stand still for periods of time.

But like we regular users have said before, sometimes you have to work your way up to it. If you get a pair you may find that your feet, especially the bottom will be sore until your feet adjust (your toes as well as they separate), you may also find that as your body reverts to how it should be your knees, back and hips will be achy and sore, but once you reach the point where your body should actually be for the best balance and posture, you're good to go and you will feel better overall.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Yeah, just another shape-ups gimmick. It's amazing what the hive mind will believe in improvements. I'll pass.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #37
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, just another shape-ups gimmick. It's amazing what the hive mind will believe in improvements. I'll pass.
So says someone who hasnt tried them or researched it.

I'll take my docs word over yours any day btw.

Research has shown those shape up shoes are crap. Last time I checked, evolution had already made our bodies the best they could be and wearing shitty shoes changes everything from the way your feet are shaped to the way your body has to balance to stay upright. But go ahead, knock something you know jack shit about.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
So says someone who hasnt tried them or researched it.

I'll take my docs word over yours any day btw.

Research has shown those shape up shoes are crap. Last time I checked, evolution had already made our bodies the best they could be and wearing shitty shoes changes everything from the way your feet are shaped to the way your body has to balance to stay upright. But go ahead, knock something you know jack shit about.

This is the same bullshit that is spouted in every article I have read. Good for you, you can copy and paste.

Asphalt and concrete are not natural, either. Evolution didn't take that into account.

I know a lot of shit about this because I have been reading the articles and reading the research on medical pages. All I can find is people disagree on the actual claims that are made about barefoot running. What it really boils down to is what kind of striker your are, if you are a heel striker, barefoot running may progress you into a mid or fore foot striker, which may beneficial to your body type. It's all a lot of guess work both ways. Nothing I have found gives concrete evidence that barefoot running is right for everyone or anyone over normal running.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #39
the chi
Forum Coach

So perhaps you should try it before saying it's hype and arguing against something you have no actual experience with. Then you'd have a better basis for thinking it's crap if it doesnt work for you.

I didnt copy and paste anything, I report only what I actually have found to be true.

Not a single one of us is saying "you MUST do this, its the ONLY thing that works". We are simply happy to report our good results because we are USING them and KNOW from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE that we have had good results. Not spouting what we read online or in debates about it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
So perhaps you should try it before saying it's hype and arguing against something you have no actual experience with. Then you'd have a better basis for thinking it's crap if it doesnt work for you.

I didnt copy and paste anything, I report only what I actually have found to be true.

Not a single one of us is saying "you MUST do this, its the ONLY thing that works". We are simply happy to report our good results because we are USING them and KNOW from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE that we have had good results. Not spouting what we read online or in debates about it.
Actually I do have experience being barefoot. We all have first hand experience of being barefoot, since we are all human you know. That's the whole point of these, to get a barefoot experience with modest protection against potential hazardous objects.

There are plenty of people giving first hand experience of shattering their feet barefoot and also long distance runners only using these for short jogs and use their shoes for long distance.

Good, you like them. I do not wish to try them based on the research I have done. I have weighed the risk vs pros/cons and came up with a differing opinion on the matter.