Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #31
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
The rich are getting richer off the backs of the working class. Wake up.
Have you ever worked for a poor person? No? Hmm..how 'bout that.

I think what alot of you aren't seeing is that while yes, a side effect of tax breaks is putting more money in the pockets of the people who control business, but that also enables those people to build plants and factories, create more opportunities for research, and, I know, what a novel idea, CREATE JOBS.

While alot of you don't care and probably haven't researched this at all or even have an idea, the oil companies do put money into renewable energy. While they may be the big bag dog on the block, we put them there, as we have an uncontrollable urge for big trucks, gas guzzling vehicles, and an administration that is in no way, shape, or form interested in allowing us to tap into our OWN natural resources.

Drill in Alaska? Sure, let's use the existing oil fields. Ever hear of directional drilling? Look it up. Drill in the Gulf? Sure. Nothing is without risk. I'm tired of hearing the activists complain about a lack of renewable energy, resources, or fuel prices when they know very little about what's going on. Idiots protest for the sake of jumping on the protest bandwagon without knowing the full story.

The more you know............now wake up.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #32
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Hopefully by not having to take away as much from the the middle class, to do so.
For them to do anything significant for the middle class, they'd have to tax the rich out of existence...

Further, the way I see things going... that money will NEVER make it to the middle class, because all it's going to do is fund programs for the poorest folks... again, while us in the middle get fucked.

Consumption tax is the only real viable solution I see... Eliminate federal income taxes completely, and add a federal sales tax on everything except food. That generates revenue without outright stealing from people.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #33
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
For them to do anything significant for the middle class, they'd have to tax the rich out of existence...

Further, the way I see things going... that money will NEVER make it to the middle class, because all it's going to do is fund programs for the poorest folks... again, while us in the middle get fucked.

Consumption tax is the only real viable solution I see... Eliminate federal income taxes completely, and add a federal sales tax on everything except food. That generates revenue without outright stealing from people.
I did say "hopefully"

We aren't just talking about 'the rich' here, but primarily about large corporations that frequently pay anything from piss-all, to no tax at all. If you count the corporate welfare that some of them receive the government might well be paying them, to make massive profits.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #34
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Trickle down economics is a fairy tale.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
The rich are getting richer off the backs of the working class. Wake up.
Who do you think your beloved rulers are?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #36
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I did say "hopefully"

We aren't just talking about 'the rich' here, but primarily about large corporations that frequently pay anything from piss-all, to no tax at all. If you count the corporate welfare that some of them receive the government might well be paying them, to make massive profits.
I agree to a certain extent... you need to have a structure condusive to large business because they do help drive the economic engine in big ways... However, the corporate welfare shit has got to go... GE paying nothing in taxes? You've gotta be kidding me.

Again, simplify the system... flat tax businesses at a reasonable rate, cut out all the bullshit, and let the market determine who sinks/swims. Granted, they'll try to pass the buck to their employees and the consumer, but the market will eventually correct that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Trickle down economics is a fairy tale.
What is your solution?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #37
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Who do you think your beloved rulers are?
You didn't know? They give all of their money to the poor to set the example for the rest of us.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #38
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I agree to a certain extent... you need to have a structure condusive to large business because they do help drive the economic engine in big ways... However, the corporate welfare shit has got to go... GE paying nothing in taxes? You've gotta be kidding me.

Again, simplify the system... flat tax businesses at a reasonable rate, cut out all the bullshit, and let the market determine who sinks/swims. Granted, they'll try to pass the buck to their employees and the consumer, but the market will eventually correct that.
I like the flat tax or consumption tax models, but they simply don't give a government the stable operating budget that they need for day-to-day operations.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #39
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
I like the flat tax or consumption tax models, but they simply don't give a government the stable operating budget that they need for day-to-day operations.
Me too. And government should be strictly limited to defense, as per the constitution
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #40
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Have you ever worked for a poor person? No? Hmm..how 'bout that.

I think what alot of you aren't seeing is that while yes, a side effect of tax breaks is putting more money in the pockets of the people who control business, but that also enables those people to build plants and factories, create more opportunities for research, and, I know, what a novel idea, CREATE JOBS.

While alot of you don't care and probably haven't researched this at all or even have an idea, the oil companies do put money into renewable energy. While they may be the big bag dog on the block, we put them there, as we have an uncontrollable urge for big trucks, gas guzzling vehicles, and an administration that is in no way, shape, or form interested in allowing us to tap into our OWN natural resources.

Drill in Alaska? Sure, let's use the existing oil fields. Ever hear of directional drilling? Look it up. Drill in the Gulf? Sure. Nothing is without risk. I'm tired of hearing the activists complain about a lack of renewable energy, resources, or fuel prices when they know very little about what's going on. Idiots protest for the sake of jumping on the protest bandwagon without knowing the full story.

The more you know............now wake up.
That's right, you fools! Make the rich richer, and they'll give you jobs!

I promise!

Trickle down economics STILL doesn't work, STILL makes the rich even RICHER, and the poor even POORER.

Guess what? You're not rich. Guess what else? The likelihood you will be is better on getting hit by lightning.

Stop drinking the fucking Koolaid, and then telling people what you think they DON'T KNOW.

Fact is, YOU'RE the gullible one who's indulging a fucking financial fantasy fairytale; swallowed hook, line, and sinker, and yet you have the audacity to phrase things like you're educating OTHERS?

I'd keep more quiet, I'd hide the stupidity, if I were you. It's not becoming.

Actually, it is. It's becoming the undoing of this nation...