Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I have my daytime set at 78 and night down to 75. The auto-away will let the temp creep to 80 and cycle the AC accordingly. Since it has learned our patterns, it has the house at 78 when we get home.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #32
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Upstairs 72' all day. Main floor 73' all day. Basement no unit yet.

In the hottest months are electric bill peaks ~$275.

Looking to get programmable units but haven't decided which ones yet. Friend in FL has the Nest - waiting to hear feedback from him on usage/savings.

Also looking at the Comcast home control/alarm system.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #33
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

78 during the day

recently set it 75 at evening/night, think it's too cold. prob. go back to 76

lee, the nest is cool and all, but do you really need i-net connectivity? i mean y'all have a working family ya'll leave at the same time everyday? get back at the same time everyday?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #34
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You're ahead of the curve.

I have three separate units for my house, one for each floor - even though the two top floors are only one room. I have sun screens on the top two floors and a house that was purposely built facing North and South with the larger windows those directions - East and West have smaller windows only on the top of the rooms. It's about twice the size of the house we moved out of and so far it uses slightly less electricity a month to keep it comfortable.

Speaking of comfortable, my thermostat is set to 76/degrees through the summer during the day. 82/degrees at night. What do y'all put yours at?
74 or 75 during the day and 73 at night. But my thermostat is a POS, its located in the most insulated part of the apartment so it doesnt get an accurate temperature and often times it will continue blowing well after the temperature has reached the desired setting.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #35
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
78 during the day

recently set it 75 at evening/night, think it's too cold. prob. go back to 76

lee, the nest is cool and all, but do you really need i-net connectivity? i mean y'all have a working family ya'll leave at the same time everyday? get back at the same time everyday?
Different times of day, different days of the week, different times of the year. What about when we leave for a week and forget to change the thermostat setting? What about when we are returning and want to crank the heat up or the AC?
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #36
VatorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Different times of day, different days of the week, different times of the year. What about when we leave for a week and forget to change the thermostat setting? What about when we are returning and want to crank the heat up or the AC?
As long as no one walks by the thermostat, it will stay in auto away. When you are returning, click the NEST app and manually turn it on if you want.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #37
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
dunno about your family, but we're boring, we pretty much leave every day at the same time and get home at the same time 5 days a wk. sure sometimes our routine changes once in a while.

our thermo, lets you put in a wake up. temp, daily temp, get home-evening temp, sleep temp.

yeah we go out of town, but how much do "you"really. when your kids start school you'll have a boring life too.......lol

now what would be cool, is if you could just set it for 75 deg, and it determines whether your need heater or a/c, vs manually but is it worth it?

we have 2 thermo's, so $500 vs a conventional "smart" thermo @$75 x 2

yeah its cool and you can tell people you can connect to your thermo, IMO it'll be a short lived novelty.

but whatever floats your boat.

don't forget, i-net compatable, dishwasher, clothes washer, fridges, and garage door openers, lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 07-24-2012 at 04:08 PM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
dunno about your family, but we're boring, we pretty much leave every day at the same time and get home at the same time 5 days a wk. sure sometimes our routine changes once in a while.

our thermo, lets you put in a wake up. temp, daily temp, get home-evening temp, sleep temp.

yeah we go out of town, but how much do "you"really. when your kids start school you'll have a boring life too.......lol

now what would be cool, is if you could just set it for 75 deg, and it determines whether your need heater or a/c, vs manually but is it worth it?

yeah its cool and you can tell people you can connect to your thermo, IMO it'll be a short lived novelty.

don't forget, i-net compatable, dishwasher, clothes washer, fridges, and garage door openers, lol
I'm surprised you don't just have the Fire Department turn the heat on for you.

JC
Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #39
VatorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I'm surprised you don't just have the Fire Department turn the heat on for you.

JC
Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #40
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

Our family is anything but predictable. I was looking at going mobile a few weeks ago. As it is, we have the Schlage remote locks.

I think it's a great idea. One of our neighbors has mobile units on his water lines as well as other utilities. He lives in Miami and doesn't want to burden anyone here with the job of checking on his second home here. To me, it seems cheaper than hiring someone.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote