Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 AM   #31
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

I would love to see Hayden place ahead of Pedrosa every race of the season.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
I would love to see Hayden place ahead of Pedrosa every race of the season.
Ok here's an unpopular prediction for you... I think that Pedrosa is going to do very well next year. In fact,I'm guessing top 3,if not the championship. Regardless of how Honda (or Puig) treated Hayden and whether it was justified or not,none of it was Pedrosa's fault. Now that he is clearly the number one rider in the paddock and without all this controversy and distraction,he can concentrate on the championship. One last thing,whenever in his career he has been in a situation where everyone has the same tire,even when his equipment was universally acknowledged to be inferior,he has risen to the top!

Hayden is an outstanding rider but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Rossi head to head on an equal footing.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #33
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Big whiff of some of his umbrella girls would do it for me....
They could make me do a few things that I might not normally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok here's an unpopular prediction for you... I think that Pedrosa is going to do very well next year. In fact,I'm guessing top 3,if not the championship. Regardless of how Honda (or Puig) treated Hayden and whether it was justified or not,none of it was Pedrosa's fault. Now that he is clearly the number one rider in the paddock and without all this controversy and distraction,he can concentrate on the championship. One last thing,whenever in his career he has been in a situation where everyone has the same tire,even when his equipment was universally acknowledged to be inferior,he has risen to the top!

Hayden is an outstanding rider but I don't think he has what it takes to beat Rossi head to head on an equal footing.
Time will tell. Pedrosa is a great rider (as all competing at that level) We know Nicky has it in him. Just have to wait to see if he can stay consistently up front.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I don't think Pedrosa will win the championship unless he can finish on the poll more... he doesn't win many races unless he's first out the gate and gets away... stoner is a little better at head to head races... and Rossi, well... he wins any way he can...

I actually think Lorenzo will fair better than Pedrosa next year... and I think Hayden will round out the top 5 in championship pts... behind Pedrosa
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #35
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Only one thing in 09 for certain boys...Randy Depuniet will go through several sets of bodywork!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
only one thing in 09 for certain boys...randy depuniet will go through several sets of bodywork!
qfmft!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I don't think Pedrosa will win the championship unless he can finish on the poll more... he doesn't win many races unless he's first out the gate and gets away... stoner is a little better at head to head races... and Rossi, well... he wins any way he can...

I actually think Lorenzo will fair better than Pedrosa next year... and I think Hayden will round out the top 5 in championship pts... behind Pedrosa
Hmmm... I considered Lorenzo but I think he needs another year,especially with the new tires. Of course,Rossi will have to have some problems for anyone else to win the championship. BTW could you imagine 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS for Rossi? Is there ANYONE alive that you think even has the slightest chance of matching him statistically?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #38
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hmmm... I considered Lorenzo but I think he needs another year,especially with the new tires. Of course,Rossi will have to have some problems for anyone else to win the championship. BTW could you imagine 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS for Rossi? Is there ANYONE alive that you think even has the slightest chance of matching him statistically?
Nope. By the time anybody could catch him. The rules would change and tighter regs would be unforced. Just like their four wheeled brethren. Champions of the past will be immortalized. The rules will bring new riders and keep everybody on equal equipment. Thus making it near impossible for anybody to run away with it again. Could Rossi see 10? Sure, I think he has time.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #39
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I'm with jeeps... I don't think anyone riding today has a chance... it'll be a couple years after Rossi's gone before anyone stands a chance to make a solid run at it... but by then the rules and regs will have everything so tight that even rider skill will be taken somewhat out of the equasion... ie traction control
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 AM   #40
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Hayden set those times on the GP8, I'm not sure how he did on the GP9 with the carbon fiber frame.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote