Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #31
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
That sux balls. I really hate to hear it girl, but just keep this in mind......They didn't get rid of you because of something you did. This is not your fault and you are a good employee (I know, I don't know you that well, but I'm sure that you are.). They are simply getting rid of who they think won't make the biggest stink about it so they can try to save some money right now with the economy being in a stink hole. Don't let it get you down and out. Stay on here and we'll keep you company. I know that doesn't pay the bills but it sure does keep morale up.
That very well could have been. From what little I've been able to find out and how a couple of people are acting toward me, I think I've been a victim off office politics. Until I found out for sure, I'm keeping it to myself. No sense in saying something that may not be true. I have my suspicions now. If I had kissed ass like someone else did, I would still have a job. It's very seldom I kiss ass and when I do, I have standards (see sig).

I'll be hanging out here at least until Tuesday when I go job hunting. No sense in trying when tomorrow's a holiday and a couple of places I need to go are closed. I'm not wasting gas.

However, if anyone wants to help me with my resume, I'd appreciate it! I have a basic one made, with no objectives. It's pretty straight forward with no pretty words or flowery phrases. It could use a little help in order to catch the eye of my next victim.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #32
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
However, if anyone wants to help me with my resume, I'd appreciate it! I have a basic one made, with no objectives. It's pretty straight forward with no pretty words or flowery phrases. It could use a little help in order to catch the eye of my next victim.
See PM
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

sorry to hear this.

sounds like they were downsizing and were looking for some kind of excuse.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #34
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

That sucks Steph.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but I think it's a combination of a couple of things possibly.

They were trying to cut back on staff, including the higher paid ones. Combine that with the fact that you were making a case for them to pay you more for off-shift work, and I think you have your reason staring you in the face.

You were the squeaky wheel. This was their *grease*.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #35
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

That could have been part of it too. Who knows.

Right now I'm trying to get my resume to look more professional as well as applying to take the civil service test. The local charity hospital is hiring so I need to take a couple of the civil service exams. Both are basically for admissions. One looks like it's for basic admissions, the other for ER. I'd like to do ER....not only does it pay a little more but it's a little more exciting.

My aunt retired from this hospital and I have a couple of friends who work there too. I know the starting pay kinda sucks but the state benefits are awesome and pay raises are regular. I'm really hoping I can get everything together in time for the deadline. It would be an almost perfect job for me if I can get on there!

Wish me luck! Even if I don't make it to this deadline, I can still get everything together for the next time they hire or some other state agency position I'm qualified for.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #36
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
That could have been part of it too. Who knows.

Right now I'm trying to get my resume to look more professional as well as applying to take the civil service test. The local charity hospital is hiring so I need to take a couple of the civil service exams. Both are basically for admissions. One looks like it's for basic admissions, the other for ER. I'd like to do ER....not only does it pay a little more but it's a little more exciting.

My aunt retired from this hospital and I have a couple of friends who work there too. I know the starting pay kinda sucks but the state benefits are awesome and pay raises are regular. I'm really hoping I can get everything together in time for the deadline. It would be an almost perfect job for me if I can get on there!

Wish me luck! Even if I don't make it to this deadline, I can still get everything together for the next time they hire or some other state agency position I'm qualified for.
Good Luck!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #37
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I hope the best for you. I'm looking into working at a hospital too. Granted, it's nothing special seeing as I meet no qualifications for anything of interest.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I hope the best for you. I'm looking into working at a hospital too. Granted, it's nothing special seeing as I meet no qualifications for anything of interest.
If you have any clerical experience at all, that would get your foot in the door.

My aunt has been telling me for years to take the civil service and try to get on at this hospital. I had been looking into it off and on but the testing dates were always months away and it always slipped my mind. Doh! Then when I married my second husband I worked for his family in security and had no need to look into it as I was learning and working another trade. When we divorced, I briefly looked into it again, however, I found another job in my field fairly quickly.

Now that I'm unemployed again, I'm trying to get everything together. Looks like they're doing the testing in the next couple of weeks so if I hurry (they just updated their website today), I'll be able to take the test and hopefully have a job soon.

There are other jobs you can do besides clerical at a hospital and there's alot of hospitals that if you can just get your foot in the door, they'll train you in other areas. I know a guy who is working at another hospital in their kitchen and taking classes for a medical field...xray tech assistant, I think is what he's doing. It doesn't hurt to look if you're really interested. And don't look at their websites. Go up to the hospital and find their job posting board. You never know what you may find you can do.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #39
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Good luck I hope you find something quickly with decent start pay ( and good benefits )

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
My wife works at the local hospital. Her "foot in the door" was taking a job in housekeeping. After six months, she transferred to in hospital transport.

She awaiting a position as aide to be posted within the next week.

The benefits are very good and less expaensive than mine at work. I dropped mine and am on my wife's plan.

Get something to get in and you can always transfer later.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #40
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Good luck I hope you find something quickly with decent start pay ( and good benefits )

My wife works at the local hospital. Her "foot in the door" was taking a job in housekeeping. After six months, she transferred to in hospital transport.

She awaiting a position as aide to be posted within the next week.

The benefits are very good and less expaensive than mine at work. I dropped mine and am on my wife's plan.

Get something to get in and you can always transfer later.

Jeff

That's awesome! I've heard a few stories like this! Nice to know that it still works!

Quote:
Myspace