Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I had an unbelievable roast beef sandwich with provolone on a pretzel roll. Delicious.
Pretzel roll? While this is certainly a "northern thing," (and therefore something we probably can't get here) I'm very intrigued....
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I dont know...this Boar's Head rare roast beef I just ate was pretty damn good.
It was rare, therefore closer to it's natural state than if it were, let's say, WELL done, so that's oraganic-ish, isn't it?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Pretzel roll? While this is certainly a "northern thing," (and therefore something we probably can't get here) I'm very intrigued....
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
It was rare, therefore closer to it's natural state than if it were, let's say, WELL done, so that's oraganic-ish, isn't it?
The pretzel rolls are damn good. If you like pretzels and you like bread then the pretzel roll is a knock out. I might have to eat another. MMMMMMMM.

I hate well done anything. My wife won't eat meat unless it double well done. Example...last night. Steaks on the grill. Hers...15 minutes per side. Mine. 3 minutes per side and not a moment longer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #34
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post
Not to be mean but if I'm going to spend (which I didn't) 46.00 on a meal its goign to be something that leaves me full, taste great, has meat and a great dessert.
Shit, you're in Miami. Cuban food can fill you up for dirt cheap. Some Bisteca de Palomillo, black beans and rice, maduros or plantanos, and a fuckin beer will last you for hours for about ten bucks.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #35
Moni
Kawi FTW!!!!

Moto: 08' Kawi 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Shit, you're in Miami. Cuban food can fill you up for dirt cheap. Some Bisteca de Palomillo, black beans and rice, maduros or plantanos, and a fuckin beer will last you for hours for about ten bucks.
LOL thats good stuff...you can actually get it for less than $10...
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #36
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Not to be mean but if I'm going to spend (which I didn't) 46.00 on a meal its goign to be something that leaves me full, taste great, has meat and a great dessert.
We're just having you on. The "organic food" thing is a complete farce. The standard isn't exactly well controlled and "organic" means exactly what I said in my previous post so any food is, by definition, organic. Not all organic substances are, however, food. Humus, for instance.

Next time you're in an organic restaurant and faced with a bunch of vegan zealots, ask them if they know how many beetles and field mice died for their "cruelty free" salad
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #37
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
LOL thats good stuff...you can actually get it for less than $10...
Sure, if you don't want tip.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 02-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #38
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Brazilian food, too... last time I was in Miami, we stopped into a little cafe and had feijoada with collard greens, rice, fried plantains, and guarana. Luckily.. if I ask nicely, I can get my mom to make the same thing for me for free.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #39
Moni
Kawi FTW!!!!

Moto: 08' Kawi 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
We're just having you on. The "organic food" thing is a complete farce. The standard isn't exactly well controlled and "organic" means exactly what I said in my previous post so any food is, by definition, organic. Not all organic substances are, however, food. Humus, for instance.

Next time you're in an organic restaurant and faced with a bunch of vegan zealots, ask them if they know how many beetles and field mice died for their "cruelty free" salad
Its all good. LOL

Quote:
Sure, if you don't want tip.
No there are places that you can get a full lunch for under $5. So with tip it still leaves you under $10.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #40
Corey
AMA Supersport

My grandma is full on Puerto Rican. Every now and then she'll bust out with some Stuffed Peppers, Tamales or Pasteles, Bacalao, and on occasion, some Flan. Fuck yeah grandma!