Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #31
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Here in Atlanta tourists don't need help getting confused.

"Yeah. First thing you want to do is get on West Peachtree st and then take that to Peachtree st. Once you get on Peachtree rd you want to head north until you get to Peachtree Industrial blvd. Take that to Peachtree circles and you'll ride that until you get to Old Peachtree rd. After Peachtree pines you want to take right. If you hit MLK then you want to FUCKING GET THE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!!! and then take a right on Peachtree place and you would have made it to the Peachtree tavern".
Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #32
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Peeps wear those here too... Except only in the winter. Even then I dont see the draw. There's no traction to the soles and they get destroyed with the salt and slush. They're kinda an inside slipper here
I see those everywhere in school. Mainly among the black girls too.

What's weird is these Wilderness Chic fads apparently aren't even close to popular up north. Buddy of mine and I always laugh about The North Face and it's popularity here in Georgia. Last week he got sent on a business trip to Minneapolis right when that huge storm hit. Said he didn't see any The North Face at all. And went to Walmart to buy some $30 coat that worked awesome.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #33
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

"Yeah. First thing you want to do is get on West Peachtree st and then take that to Peachtree st. Once you get on Peachtree rd you want to head north until you get to Peachtree Industrial blvd. Take that to Peachtree circles and you'll ride that until you get to Old Peachtree rd. After Peachtree pines you want to take right. If you hit MLK then you want to FUCKING GET THE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!!! and then take a right on Peachtree place and you would have made it to the Peachtree tavern".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #34
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:

No shit! And then once you leave downtown, you get on GA 17N/30E/26E/5N for half a mile, then turn on to GA 30E/15N/24W/9N... I've never seen such a screwed up road system.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #35
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Why anyone would want to live in NY/NJ cities is beyond me. I've been there 4 or 5 times and each time its the same shit...5 foot 6 inch 120lb soakin wet all mouth punks that think they can box. On top of it, the weather sucks and there are hardly any chicks.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #36
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Why anyone would want to live in NY/NJ cities is beyond me. I've been there 4 or 5 times and each time its the same shit...5 foot 6 inch 120lb soakin wet all mouth punks that think they can box. On top of it, the weather sucks and there are hardly any chicks.
That's one of the exact reasons why I don't mind being 6'2 210lbs and 13% up here.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #37
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
No shit! And then once you leave downtown, you get on GA 17N/30E/26E/5N for half a mile, then turn on to GA 30E/15N/24W/9N... I've never seen such a screwed up road system.
Which is why if America ever gets invaded, head to Atlanta. They'd get lost as fuck on our roads. Infact there are 71 roads in Atlanta that have Peachtree in the name. And our streets do not go off a grid pattern. If not for traffic and crater sized potholes (Or metal plates every 100ft) you could drag knee through downtown Atlanta
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
I see those everywhere in school. Mainly among the black girls too.

What's weird is these Wilderness Chic fads apparently aren't even close to popular up north. Buddy of mine and I always laugh about The North Face and it's popularity here in Georgia. Last week he got sent on a business trip to Minneapolis right when that huge storm hit. Said he didn't see any The North Face at all. And went to Walmart to buy some $30 coat that worked awesome.
Well in all fairness, most North Face stuff is meant for athletic pursuits like climbing. Not standing around waiting for the bus in 20 below zero weather.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #39
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Which is why if America ever gets invaded, head to Atlanta. They'd get lost as fuck on our roads. Infact there are 71 roads in Atlanta that have Peachtree in the name. And our streets do not go off a grid pattern. If not for traffic and crater sized potholes (Or metal plates every 100ft) you could drag knee through downtown Atlanta
Fucked up thing about Atlanta is the actual downtown is dead, not worth visiting. And forget about that underground mall, it's boring unless you want to buy beads or stupid tourist crap. The real city life is a few miles away from downtown in Buckhead and other places.

Also, can't they design some straight roads for once? It's like everything is laid out in a cobweb pattern. Takes more time. Matter of fact most Southern cities are like that. They need to take a lesson from places like Chicago where everything is laid out in a grid pattern.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #40
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
If by "trannies" then no....not to many of em around here. Perhaps you should try craigslist in your area.

If you mean "hot women" then you weren't looking. They are all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote