Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: are you pro gun ownership or anti gun
pro gun 23 85.19%
anti gun 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #31
t-homo
WSB Champion

I am pro guns, always have been. I grew up hunting so I have shot a lot of damn animals. I feel that anyone who does concealed carry should have a minimum number of hours training before allowed to do so. As soon as I turn 21, I will be applying for my concealed carry license, and plan on carrying at all times.

Here is a turn. What do you think about carrying inside of places where guns are prohibited? If there is a shooting, and someone fires back and ends it, should the second person be charged?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #32
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I am pro guns, always have been. I grew up hunting so I have shot a lot of damn animals. I feel that anyone who does concealed carry should have a minimum number of hours training before allowed to do so. As soon as I turn 21, I will be applying for my concealed carry license, and plan on carrying at all times.

Here is a turn. What do you think about carrying inside of places where guns are prohibited? If there is a shooting, and someone fires back and ends it, should the second person be charged?
Charged, yes- they broke the law. But there should be room for the judge to be lenient. They did stop a crime.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #33
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
DO your research.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in the UK when they confiscated all the guns.

Find out what happened to the crime stats in Australia when they confiscated the guns.

Look at DC.

Look at all the crime stats of the states that enacted liberal CCW laws as compared to those that did not.

Read the Lott report.

You don't want to own a gun; fine and dandy......just don't tell me the 2nd Amendment doesn't say what it says (looks like the Supremes will settle that one once and for all).

As an aside, my wife felt the same way as itgirl did when we were first married; I sold my guns to make her feel better......then we were robbed (no, not burglerized, ROBBED) one long night.

My wife became very proficient with her 4" S&W .357 and Mossburg pump gun, and providentially so, because she used the S&W to scare away another robber in the dark of night a year later......

Like I said....you do what want....just don't get in the way of me being able to defend MY family..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
The problem is....you don't understand the Constitution and The Bill of Rights (I'm not being snide; your comments reveal your lack of knowledge in that area). Read the commentary on the process of creation of and ratification of the Constition and the Bill of Rights in the Federalist Papers; then you will understand the greater roll of citizens and the militia.

If you don't believe we need a militia, then you have already forgotten the lessons of hurricane Katrina........
Excellent posts... Again, it's a logic vs. emotion debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post

First off, yes... there should be substantial training for CCW permits and follow-up training required as well... same goes with auto licenses.

Doubled edged sword... You could save a room full of retarded kids and some asswipe judge would make an example out of you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Charged, yes- they broke the law. But there should be room for the judge to be lenient. They did stop a crime.
That's the problem... the lenient judges would most likely throw the book at you... Had you been the guy running into the school and killing a dozen children however... you could make an argument that your mommy didn't hug you enough when you were 3 and get 1/2 of the suggested sentence.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #34
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
That's how I feel also. But, like you (or someone, doesn't really matter) said, most shootings happen in these places so I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Pro gun all the way. As a matter of fact, I just bought a huge gun safe over the weekend..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Pro gun all the way. As a matter of fact, I just bought a huge gun safe over the weekend..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #37
kanwisch
Strength and Honor

I'm libertarian, so I don't care if you own one. I have no need for one whatsoever so not in my future. The risk is too high to have one in the house with kids anyway relative to the benefits, IMO.

A different picture on this, however, is whether the 2nd Amendment guarantees your own right to a gun or whether its a collective right intended to prevent a federal organization (Congress, FBI, etc) from stripping states of their militias. That's before the Supreme Court now and based on the Justices questions, for the first time ever, they are (probably) going to reverse previous commentary to find in favor of a personal right. Not surprising given the strong right-leanings of the Court these days, but surprising that they're reversing previous rightist SC Chief Justices opinions. What's next?

Since the poll's not clear which you're talking about, I didn't vote.
kanwisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #38
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I'm pro gun and can agree that there is a problem with gun violence.

I firmly believe that a major part of the problem is liberal judges and prosecutors allowing criminals to plea down the charges against them.

What good is the federal minimum jail term of 5 years for using a firearm in the commision of a crime if the "soft" judges and prosecutors don't use it?
I don't feel like typing out a long response so I'll just agree with this post...pretty much the same as I feel.

Yes I have guns and yes I conceal carry.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #39
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I will be at the range putting holes in some paper tomry.

I have my CCW class on the 5th.

Also picking up a concealment vest to wear when riding.

I think the only gun control that should exist is hitting your target.
Guns, guts and God are what make America great. Euro weenies and the rest of the world's weenies need not apply.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #40
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Guns, guts and God are what make America great. Euro weenies and the rest of the world's weenies need not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote