Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Psst... the 2006 did come with a 190/55/17 tire.... I thought that he had a 2005 ZX-10... and because what size tire he wanted to install was never mentioned, I thought he wanted to put a 180/55/17 on his bike... Oh well, at least I'm not a moron all by myself!
LOL there you go again ASSuming.

BTW here's a quick recon/recap for ya:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7299
Post#10(including the OPpost)
(for me 190/55)

Last edited by TYEster; 04-18-2009 at 12:25 PM..
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
*underneath my avatar

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 05 GSXR750(hers)

Again where you get the idea I'm a racer is beyond me. But since you always want to jump ahead, that's fine. However I don't quite see myself as a future racer.

Because you are constantly emphasizing that you ride on the track. On the track this, and on the track that. Anyway, I didn't start this thread to discuss tire handling characteristics or whatever... I'm trying to get my camera set-up for Deal's Gap and I really only was looking for comments on the CAMERA'S performance. I could have shot video cruising the strip, looking at chicks for that matter.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Nope, I didn't ASSume anything, I glanced at you avvy too fast and saw the 2005 of your girl's bike and superimposed the date. Simple. What I really don't understand is why you came on my thread, which was supposed to be a joke about my big ass and a discussion of how good/bad the GoPro camera works, to talk about tire sizes and what not... I've already said that you were right, what else do you want?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #34
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Nope, I didn't ASSume anything, I glanced at you avvy too fast and saw the 2005 of your girl's bike and superimposed the date. Simple. What I really don't understand is why you came on my thread, which was supposed to be a joke about my big ass and a discussion of how good/bad the GoPro camera works, to talk about tire sizes and what not... I've already said that you were right, what else do you want?

LOL How do you like your camera? Well aside from the strap thing... Kinda interested in one.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

BTW here's a quick recon/recap for ya:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7299
Post#10(including the OPpost)
(for me 190/55)

Yay! You're right! Okay, I get it. You have a 190/50/17 on your bike currently and you want to replace it with a 190/55/17 to bask in the glory of the better handling that size tire provides. Hurray! Yeesh, again what do you want from me ?

YOU were right, I was wrong!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #36
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

LOL there must be some severe lag going on here... I said that 5min before your post acknowledging me.

*oops had to edit spelling error before 101 came on here thrashing me for not passing the 5th grade lol

Last edited by TYEster; 04-18-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
LOL there must be some severe lag going on here... I said that 5min before your post acknowledging me.

*oops had to edit spelling error before 101 came on here thrashing me for not passing the 5th grade lol
Nope I posted that you were right at 12:03 pm.... I'm at the dyno reprogramming my power commander so I'm not anxiously waiting for your next post. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your new tires. Good luck.

Oh if you ever want to find video of me doing wheelies, try to find an original copy of 626 Michigan Mayhem. I'm on there doing a 2+ mile long stand-up, wearing a Tigger costume, while riding my 2000 Hayabusa. Otherwise, I'm also in the original 1096 video doing an almost 160 mph wheelie on my 2001 GSXR1000. I had four friends die that year on bikes, gave up "stunting" and almost quit riding period.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #38
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/riding/...X10R/ZX10R.asp

Tell me where it says it comes with that size tire.
Oh yeah...it comes with a 190/55..now I remember. A 190/50 is going to make the already very very lazy chassis more lazy. The 2006 ZX10R has a shitty chassis that I've heard from nearly all of the suspension guys here in CA.It cost me 1700 to upgrade (Penske triple clicker plus GP revalving in the front...(Racetech is crap IMO..lol)) and it was totally night and day. The thing then turned about the same as my 600rr stock.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 04-18-2009 at 02:33 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #39
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Actually they ARE good for track days, unless you have more than just 4-5 trackdays under your belt and have gotten good enough to ride in the advanced groups, in which case you might start pressing the limits of that tire, especially on a hot day. Otherwise, buying a better tire is a waste of money for 99% of riders out there. It cracks me up how people pay up the ass for the latest tires even though they've only been to the track a couple of times, if at all. I'm not talking about you since I don't know anything about you, just riders in general. A pro or even just a club racer could blow away any of you guys on STOCK tires against any of you guys riding on your high-priced tires.

I always hear people around my neck of the woods saying "Oh I need more grip, I'm gettin loose out there" .....And they are just riding the street. How about these guys practice some throttle control, good lines, and body position first.

But hey, if people want to buy $350 sets of soft tires that only last 3-4K miles on the street, more power to them........It helps the oil industry I guess.

Flame suit ON
I would never recommend street tires on the track. They don't offer the grip out of the corners nor can they take the heat like race tires. They get greasy in the afternoon sessions. I've known several people to crash running 2cts that got they claim got "greasy".

Quote:

I called him out over spacing..not spelling / grammar.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #40
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I would never recommend street tires on the track. They don't offer the grip out of the corners nor can they take the heat like race tires. They get greasy in the afternoon sessions. I've known several people to crash running 2cts that got they claim got "greasy".
If you're in the middle of a SoCal summer maybe, but in the late fall or spring I don't see the issue unless they are an experienced track rider. But someone who's only on his 3rd or 4th trackday isn't really going to be tearing it up.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote