Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Guess the only option is to fuck this broad up. Teach her a lesson.
No doubt. It's people like her is why I have to carry uninsured motorist coverage.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #32
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No doubt. It's people like her is why I have to carry uninsured motorist coverage.
Yeah....I might have to think over the karmatic reprocusions of either option.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Well that is true for most responsible adults.
ok so I have been irresponsible in a previous life. (a couple of times LOL) back then it was possible here due to the fact if your car is financed you have to carry full coverage. I am not at all sure how it was written but yes I carried full coverage while not licensed.
I'm sure there is some fine print that says basically the car is insured but you're not.
it was many years ago so it may have changed drastically.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #34
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
If she gets in an accident with a suspended license, her insurance will not cover a single penny for property damage or personal injury.
ding ding we have a winner.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Pretty sure only your registration ties to your INS.

Not positive about TX but I had mine suspended many moons ago for a year in PA. I had no problem at all insuring my car. They could care less if you have a license it's not even a question they ask.

I kept my car insured the entire time so my friends/roommate could drive it if they wanted rather than their own car when I needed a ride.

And they are correct, friend of mine actually caused an accident, completely his fault but the other driver didn't have a license and HIS ins didn't have to pay a dime because they said she should never have been there. Same rules would apply the other way around her INS will refuse to pay since they state in the policy they cover only licensed drivers...

Last edited by skiergirl; 07-07-2009 at 05:17 PM..
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
ok so I have been irresponsible in a previous life. (a couple of times LOL) back then it was possible here due to the fact if your car is financed you have to carry full coverage. I am not at all sure how it was written but yes I carried full coverage while not licensed.
I'm sure there is some fine print that says basically the car is insured but you're not.
it was many years ago so it may have changed drastically.
If you already have insurance and then your license gets suspended, the insurance company won't know right away if ever. If your license is already suspended and then try to get insurance it wont fly. As mentioned above though, you can get comprehensive coverage only though. I just called my buddy who is an insurance agent in MI. The day you no longer have a valid license(expired, suspended...etc), your insurance in null and void per the contract you sigh with them when you sign up. Not sure if it's different in other states, but I can't imagine it would be.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #37
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
up here lately it seems the standard is for someone to hit you then jump out and say "oh man I'm so sorry" "by the way I hope you have insurance because I don't" It seriously makees you want to beat them with a baseball bat for as nonchalantly as they say it.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #38
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
If you already have insurance and then your license gets suspended, the insurance company won't know right away if ever. If your license is already suspended and then try to get insurance it wont fly. As mentioned above though, you can get comprehensive coverage only though. I just called my buddy who is an insurance agent in MI. The day you no longer have a valid license(expired, suspended...etc), your insurance in null and void per the contract you sigh with them when you sign up. Not sure if it's different in other states, but I can't imagine it would be.

different rules in different states. I actually sold my car and bought another while not licensed and insured the new one without prob. Told my agent I had been suspended.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #39
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Thanks for calling him. I might call my insurance people and ask them if that is the case for TX too.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #40
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
up here lately it seems the standard is for someone to hit you then jump out and say "oh man I'm so sorry" "by the way I hope you have insurance because I don't" It seriously makees you want to beat them with a baseball bat for as nonchalantly as they say it.
I'm pretty sure insurance in mandatory in all 50 states. No insurnance = a big ticket and with MI being a no fault state, if you are involved in an accident and you don't have insurance, it's tough luck chuck, you get to pay for damages out of your own pocket.