Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Whats bad are the ones that dont, we have had a few gunshot wounds that didnt go as planned, even a few tha thave walked in front of a train and have lived.

Tom
Hanging, cutting wrists, taking pills.. yeah that's just asking for help. I can think of some pretty sure fire ways to end it if you really wanted to. If you really want to do the job right a shotgun blast with 00 buck shot under the chin would get a positive result.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #32
goof2
AMA Supersport

Multiple people every year commit or attempt to commit suicide by jumping off the Sunshine Skyway bridge. Those who jump from the peak (~200ft up) are typically serious. Those who jump from the lower sections (maybe 30ft up) are typically not.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

If I was inclined to kill myself, that would be my fear, that I would fail at it.

Altho I was offended when I was told that women are weak and shoot in the chest whereas men being the obviously superior species aim for the head. I always figured if I was gonna off myself, itd be a shot in the head. Good thing I dont need to prove people wrong huh?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #34
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I was inclined to kill myself, that would be my fear, that I would fail at it.

Altho I was offended when I was told that women are weak and shoot in the chest whereas men being the obviously superior species aim for the head. I always figured if I was gonna off myself, itd be a shot in the head. Good thing I dont need to prove people wrong huh?
Both can be effective or ineffective depending on how therey done. You shred part of the heart or sever the aorta or IVC you will prolly bleed out, will take longer to die as compared to a head shot.

I remember as a student an Er doc gave a guy ahard time after comming in via ems for a suicide attempt. he had a big bottle of percocet states he took 10 of them and there were at least 40 in the bottle still. told him if youre going to do it do it right and take all of them next time. Obviously psych kept him and did wha tthey had to do.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Both can be effective or ineffective depending on how therey done. You shred part of the heart or sever the aorta or IVC you will prolly bleed out, will take longer to die as compared to a head shot.

I remember as a student an Er doc gave a guy ahard time after comming in via ems for a suicide attempt. he had a big bottle of percocet states he took 10 of them and there were at least 40 in the bottle still. told him if youre going to do it do it right and take all of them next time. Obviously psych kept him and did wha tthey had to do.

Tom
No shit.. why not leave an empty bottle? It's not like you need to save them for use later.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Seriously, that dude was only a cry for help. I could probably take 10 and get a good nights sleep! If I wanted to go out that way, Id take my bottle, and a few extra...come on, get it right if you mean it!

I know thats wrong for those who may be offended...but if you need help, why not ask for it rather than some pathetic attempt to garner attention while causing medical bills, strain and stress on loved ones?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #37
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Seriously, that dude was only a cry for help. I could probably take 10 and get a good nights sleep! If I wanted to go out that way, Id take my bottle, and a few extra...come on, get it right if you mean it!

I know thats wrong for those who may be offended...but if you need help, why not ask for it rather than some pathetic attempt to garner attention while causing medical bills, strain and stress on loved ones?
As an eager naieve student it was kind of shocking ot me, but as a jaded miserable bastid I can see myself doing the same thing now

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #38
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Exactly. The words "I need help" are a hell of a lot easier than eating through a feeding tube for for a while.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Exactly. The words "I need help" are a hell of a lot easier than eating through a feeding tube for for a while.
that and the activated charcoal we gave him, messy stuff.

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #40
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you really want to do the job right a shotgun blast with 00 buck shot under the chin would get a positive result.
Back in the 80s there was a high-profile trial involving Judas Priest- a pair of teens committed suicide by 12-ga after a day-long beer/weed/metal binge. Well, one of them killed himself. The other one just blew the bottom half of his face off, and lived a couple more years. Very unpleasant

Apparently the trick to sleeping pills is to combine them with a decent-size plastic bag secured over your head. Want time for the pills to take effect before you run out of air and panic.