Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #31
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Horizontally apposed valves? Cool, I've never seen that design before.
It went out in the 60's, so don't feel bad.

JC
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #32
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Which, I believe, occurred sometime in the 20th century.

JC
No shit?

I tried to call your bluff on the dates but you were right. (I was thinking late 1900's too.)

Mr. Buick came up with the OHV in 1902.

My comment was about Ducati. They did not invent the desmo valve and were certainly not the first to race it.

It was used in cars before it was used in bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmodromic_valve
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
"Intake over Engine" configurations (what Phenix is referring to) aren't the same as OHV configurations, as shown in the original diagram. I don't give a fuck if the maker of the website is Albert Einstein, no one ever made an OHV engine with spring-less intake valves. (Except Ducati...)

Here's a picture of an IOE engine:

Does the intake valve move up and down all by itself? No, dumb ass, it does not. Harley's very first engines used a vacuum operated intake valve, but not in an OHV head.

BTW, the direction of the piston, up and down, back and forth, sideways, or at an angle up your ass, has no bearing on the function of the valve train, so why don't you go polish something shiny, and shut the fuck up.

JC
Look I was asking questions not making statements motherfucker okay? You know you don't have to attack, and insult me ALL the time okay? I'm tired of it and I still don't understand why you do it, but I am asking you as politely as I can muster to please stop. Just because I am not a genius like you...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I knew it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2XuEnNiMF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ym2Jma04qo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9mqbImrC8
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #35
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
No shit?

I tried to call your bluff on the dates but you were right. (I was thinking late 1900's too.)

Mr. Buick came up with the OHV in 1902.

My comment was about Ducati. They did not invent the desmo valve and were certainly not the first to race it.

It was used in cars before it was used in bikes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmodromic_valve
I knew that.

I thought you were going to go off me with pneumatic valves.

JC
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #36
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Look I was asking questions not making statements motherfucker okay? You know you don't have to attack, and insult me ALL the time okay? I'm tired of it and I still don't understand why you do it, but I am asking you as politely as I can muster to please stop. Just because I am not a genius like you...
You're right, I apologize. Sometimes the enormity of my genius clouds my judgment, and causes me to belittle lesser men. I'm not proud of it, it's a burden I carry through my troubled life.

Wait, did you just call me a motherfucker? Well forget all that shit I just said. It's not my fault you run around yelling "EXACTLY!" some like excited farm boy that just saw his first cow booby. Pull your panties up, and stop being such a fucking drama queen.

Asshole.

JC
Old 07-16-2009, 12:08 AM   #37
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
You're right, I apologize. Sometimes the enormity of my genius clouds my judgment, and causes me to belittle lesser men. I'm not proud of it, it's a burden I carry through my troubled life.

Wait, did you just call me a motherfucker? Well forget all that shit I just said. It's not my fault you run around yelling "EXACTLY!" some like excited farm boy that just saw his first cow booby. Pull your panties up, and stop being such a fucking drama queen.

Asshole.

JC
I'm not being a drama queen, you are being a fucking dick! You have constantly attacked me since you first came onto this forum. I have no idea why other than you don't like my opinions or what I say. You take every opportunity to debase and belittle me at every turn. Every time I post, I just wait for you to post after me with some kind of insult. I start a thread about my bike, go figure since this is a motorcycle forum and bang here you come with some shitty remark. I have never initiated a problem with you that I'm aware of, so I am asking you to lay off me. If you don't like me or think that my posts/threads are stupid or "douchebagish" then please, I implore you to stop reading them. If I am so inane and stupid, why do you persist in opening my threads? Ignore them. They are base and full of douchebaggery anyway, why waste your important time with my trivialities? Okay, you've run security for M J, you were the director of some racing series, you worked for NASA during the moon mission, you were Kennedy's aide during the Cuban missile crisis, you were Steven Hawkings teacher when he was in high school, you were on the design team for the Caprice, I get it. You've done it all and know everything. Cool.
I'll just stick to polishing shit and posting about gear and whatnot, is that okay with you, sir?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #38
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
I'm not being a drama queen, you are being a fucking dick! You have constantly attacked me since you first came onto this forum. I have no idea why other than you don't like my opinions or what I say. You take every opportunity to debase and belittle me at every turn. Every time I post, I just wait for you to post after me with some kind of insult. I start a thread about my bike, go figure since this is a motorcycle forum and bang here you come with some shitty remark. I have never initiated a problem with you that I'm aware of, so I am asking you to lay off me. If you don't like me or think that my posts/threads are stupid or "douchebagish" then please, I implore you to stop reading them. If I am so inane and stupid, why do you persist in opening my threads? Ignore them. They are base and full of douchebaggery anyway, why waste your important time with my trivialities? Okay, you've run security for M J, you were the director of some racing series, you worked for NASA during the moon mission, you were Kennedy's aide during the Cuban missile crisis, you were Steven Hawkings teacher when he was in high school, you were on the design team for the Caprice, I get it. You've done it all and know everything. Cool.
I'll just stick to polishing shit and posting about gear and whatnot, is that okay with you, sir?

Are you going to be ok?

Should we call someone?

Is there some sort of Emo ghetto, I don't know about?

JC
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Are you going to be ok?

Should we call someone?

Is there some sort of Emo ghetto, I don't know about?

JC
I'm fine! it's mostly the fucking drugs they have me on, sorry! This fucking lump in my throat makes me choke in my sleep so I don't get much... Anyway, how are you doing? Btw the entire ghetto is way EMO they just don't call it that.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #40
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:

He's a douchebag. I don't even know why you let it bother you.

He pretends to be Jesus on a message board for fuck sake..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote