Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #31
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Depends how far I have ridden. I can go about 200 without needing a major break, just a quick refill. After the first 200 I like to pull over about every 100 miles on the interstate or less if on twisties. My hand starts falling asleep.

It also really depends on what I am wearing. I can ride all day long in full leathers but have a sore ass at 100 miles in textile, jeans.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #32
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
You have a bitch with you ever? My dad is thinking of getting a bus to tour with mi madre. Thoughts? I've asked Trace before and he didn't answer...fugger.
Oops! Sorry Heather! I must have missed that!

I'll answer, but I'll let you answer to Carolina for the *bitch* part.

As I'm sure you remember, she went with me on the west coast tour last year. It was a little over 5000 miles as I recall, over 13 days I think it was.

We averaged 400-500 miles a day. The only day she ever made a negative comment was the day we did 725 miles and rolled into Denver at 1am. That was a long day. She said "My ass hurts a little." That's the worst I ever heard out of her.

Other than the fact that she just much prefers to be pilot than passenger, the accomodations were more than sufficient and she had no complaints that I remember. If your dad gets one and he wants help getting it decked out for touring, tell him to call me.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Oops! Sorry Heather! I must have missed that!

I'll answer, but I'll let you answer to Carolina for the *bitch* part.

As I'm sure you remember, she went with me on the west coast tour last year. It was a little over 5000 miles as I recall, over 13 days I think it was.

We averaged 400-500 miles a day. The only day she ever made a negative comment was the day we did 725 miles and rolled into Denver at 1am. That was a long day. She said "My ass hurts a little." That's the worst I ever heard out of her.

Other than the fact that she just much prefers to be pilot than passenger, the accomodations were more than sufficient and she had no complaints that I remember. If your dad gets one and he wants help getting it decked out for touring, tell him to call me.

Okay cool. Yeah my mom is a perma-pillon, so she won't complain about not piloting. She just needs a good seat(she got spoiled with the Wing).

He wants to have one so he can make a few changes and possibly take it to the Mile and the drags. I told him that he should talk to you about it, but he never gets on here.

I REALLY want him to get one so I can run it at the Mile. I really think it would be perfect for what he wants. Do you have stock bars on it? He thought he'd have to change out the bars for touring because the position would be too aggressive for his old ass.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #34
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Do you have stock bars on it? He thought he'd have to change out the bars for touring because the position would be too aggressive for his old ass.
Yep! No bar risers on it. I haven't had a problem at all with the seating position. I think that's proven by the 54,000 miles I have on it.

If you want, tell your dad to shoot me an email if he'd rather. That's fine by me. I can't remember if you have my number or not. If you do, text me yours and I'll send it to you. Or just PM me and I'll give both to you.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

A full tank of gas.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Okay cool. Yeah my mom is a perma-pillon, so she won't complain about not piloting. She just needs a good seat(she got spoiled with the Wing).

He wants to have one so he can make a few changes and possibly take it to the Mile and the drags. I told him that he should talk to you about it, but he never gets on here.

I REALLY want him to get one so I can run it at the Mile. I really think it would be perfect for what he wants. Do you have stock bars on it? He thought he'd have to change out the bars for touring because the position would be too aggressive for his old ass.
when you speak of seats, go with russell day long. Custom = money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #37
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
when you speak of seats, go with russell day long. Custom = money.
No shit....I just looked at their website.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #38
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
No shit....I just looked at their website.
Yeah, but you will never worry about ass pain while riding ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, but you will never worry about ass pain while riding ever again.
Well, the biggest concern my dad has is my mom being a pain in his ass while bitching about the seat. It's hard to convince my dad to spend the extra money up front for a better product. He does, afterall own a KLR.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Depends on alot. Temperature, type of ride, pace. I have been known to refill after 160 mi while sittin' on the bike and go another tankful. I rode back from the Dragon one day, close to 12 hours, but that hurt. I used to endurance race and do hour twenty minute stints, very tiring. Most canyon rides though we stop often to bs, avoid traffic, site see, ect

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote