Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #391
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
You're on Verizon right? Even if you just upgrade the plan and phone they cap you? WTF?
Yup. The Unltd plan is no longer available and they force you to change the plan when going to LTE. (On a 3G Droid X right now)

Current Unlimited data right now costs me 29.99 - 13% discount. New 2GB LTE plan is 30 bucks and no discount. That's some weak sauce right there.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #392
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I guess it depends on the area - sprint here sucks real bad. For example my parents could never talk on their cell phones in their house, they complained like crazy to spint (they get discount through work otherwise would of switched) finally they gave em one of those in home cell towers that goes through your internet about 2 yrs ago and it still has issues but mostly allows them to use it in their house.

Almost everytime I talk to them their phone drops still. No matter where they are. My dad has an evo 4g and she has some other decent one.
Oh yea, like I said, Sprint is not perfect for sure but I burn a lot of kbs and I would get my ass kicked by Verizon or Att. Around here and in the areas that I travel, Sprint is okay.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #393
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Yup. The Unltd plan is no longer available and they force you to change the plan when going to LTE. (On a 3G Droid X right now)

Current Unlimited data right now costs me 29.99 - 13% discount. New 2GB LTE plan is 30 bucks and no discount. That's some weak sauce right there.
yep, between that and the price.... I'll stick with Sprint for now. Too be honest if I did change, I'd say screw it and drop to MetroPcs, pay $40/month for unlimited talk, text and data. Their coverage isn't great but $40-50(android) TOTAL including tax, fees, etc... Yea their phones aren't cutting edge but money talks and bullshit walks.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #394
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
yep, between that and the price.... I'll stick with Sprint for now. Too be honest if I did change, I'd say screw it and drop to MetroPcs, pay $40/month for unlimited talk, text and data. Their coverage isn't great but $40-50(android) TOTAL including tax, fees, etc... Yea their phones aren't cutting edge but money talks and bullshit walks.
They're getting much better. I've been thinking of making the same switch. They've expanded the hell out of their coverage area, and there's LTE coverage available as well. When my contract comes up for renewal, I may check them out and see what phones they have available.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #395
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
They're getting much better. I've been thinking of making the same switch. They've expanded the hell out of their coverage area, and there's LTE coverage available as well. When my contract comes up for renewal, I may check them out and see what phones they have available.
yea paying $50/month for android total, vs $~100/month would not break my heart at all....
Old 10-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #396
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I guess it depends on the area - sprint here sucks real bad. For example my parents could never talk on their cell phones in their house, they complained like crazy to spint (they get discount through work otherwise would of switched) finally they gave em one of those in home cell towers that goes through your internet about 2 yrs ago and it still has issues but mostly allows them to use it in their house.

Almost everytime I talk to them their phone drops still. No matter where they are. My dad has an evo 4g and she has some other decent one.
I've got Sprint. My calls are dropped CONSTANTLY. Far more than when I had ATT and I hated them. Didn't think it could be any worse...but Sprint is. Half the time people can't get through to me to even give Sprint a chance to drop the call.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #397
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I had a Sprint aircard, with unlimited data, and last year they sent me this poorly-written email (like an Indian wrote it) saying that I now had a 5GB cap.......But they got owned, they couldn't renig the original terms. I called them and they initially tried to deny sending the email, but said I had to accept the 5GB limit anyway. I said I would terminate if they did, so they left me alone. But a few months later I switched to Verizon anyway Poor customer service all the way around. Verizon is way faster than Sprint on both 3G or 4G. That is a fact.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #398
Method
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I had a Sprint aircard, with unlimited data, and last year they sent me this poorly-written email (like an Indian wrote it) saying that I now had a 5GB cap.......But they got owned, they couldn't renig the original terms. I called them and they initially tried to deny sending the email, but said I had to accept the 5GB limit anyway. I said I would terminate if they did, so they left me alone. But a few months later I switched to Verizon anyway Poor customer service all the way around. Verizon is way faster than Sprint on both 3G or 4G. That is a fact.
Truth. You get what you pay for. I happily pay the minimal premium for Verizon coverage and service. Been with Verizon for about the last 14 years (from back when they were Airtouch Cellular) with a very short stint w/ AT&T. 1 month of AT&T and I happily paid the cancellation fees to go back to Verizon - AT&T sucked that hard.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #399
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Cancellation fees should be illegal anyway. Account setup is 100% automated, there is no labor involved unless you have it done in one of their stores.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #400
Method
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Cancellation fees should be illegal anyway. Account setup is 100% automated, there is no labor involved unless you have it done in one of their stores.
They're only there to make up for the discount on the hardware. You get a $99 phone that cost them around $400, they want to make sure you stick around so they can make up that sunk cost in monthly service fees.