Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #41
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I've gotta wonder about that too.
What about marrying a person makes them any different than the person they were before you married them?
There are those who believe that making the commitment to a person before you co-habitate makes you more tolerant of whatever they bring into the marriage.
Then again, there are also those who think that having a child makes the baby vomit not icky and their cries music to your ears in a crowded restaurant.

That last part made me laugh. I had to clean up my sons vomit tonight and it wasn't great. And the cries today made me want to rip my hair out.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Nope
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #43
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

1 and I'll never do it again if I get out of this one alive. Won't ever get married.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Everyone is different, but for me I can't see marrying anyone without having lived with them first. There are way too many little idiosyncracies and pet peeves that crop up when 2 people share the same space 24/7. You think you know everything about someone but you really don't. Better to discover that stuff before the wedding rather than after.

I always said it is like buying a car... you wouldn't buy it without test driving it, right?
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #45
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Everyone is different but for me living together is like marriage....and I just don't want to do it until I'm actually married.

I think anything I'd find out about that person in the course of our relationship would be enough. It's not like I'm going to end a perfectly good relationship because he can't put his socks in the hamper?

It's kind of like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free".
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #46
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Everyone is different but for me living together is like marriage....and I just don't want to do it until I'm actually married.

I think anything I'd find out about that person in the course of our relationship would be enough. It's not like I'm going to end a perfectly good relationship because he can't put his socks in the hamper?

Well, I didn't find out just how ridiculously OCD my ex was until he and I started living together.. not a dealbreaker in and of itself necessarily, but one more nail in the coffin, if you will. It was also at that point that I found out he was a nudist (and an exhibitionist one at that). Or when we had arguments and I wanted to leave the house (to go somewhere else to calm down since he would follow me to every room trying to continue the fight), he would lock me in. You know, those little things...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #47
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

None until I got married.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #48
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I wound up marrying the second one.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #49
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

one, the current and one and only, better half on two wheels

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #50
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post

Yeah But Shit is Different when you wake up everyday in the same House as someone else...Like Me, I put shit where I KNOW Ill find it...Then Little Miss comes along as says, THAT DOESNT GO THERE ZOMG WTF BAHHHHHHHHHH and puts it in a diff spot...And Im lost for 5 minutes tearing through the house looking for my shit because its not where I left it.

I dunno...I wouldn't marry someone without living together...And Im not religious so the whole living in sin thing can lick my balls.