Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
what

the

frig

As you can see, chickens aren't the "sharpest tack in the box". Good thing they lay egss and taste good
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #42
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

community service
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #43
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Chickens are very active after loosing their heads...

Video about Mike the Headless chicken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATz3A...eature=related

Real chicken with its head cut off....warning...kinda gross
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HksE-7aYmIw&NR=1

Had me fooled...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpWdzHeoU0&NR=1

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #44
torilynne
Burrito Goddess

Moto: 88 Hawk 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
thats just disturbing!!

I will not spill the drinks-not even a drop, I will not drop the pizza, I will give them the money at the bridge--I am proud to be....a professional bitch rider. (RETIRED)
torilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #45
Librarian
Helmets Optional

Moto: '85 K100 and a DL650AK9

Worst job? On-call "retrievals".

You sleep with a dark suit ready on a hanger. When the pager goes off, at 1:00a.m. or 3:30am, you jump up, call the person who took the "first call" for the name and address, put on the suit, go to the office, get the van, and go to the address.

What do you retrieve? The recently deceased. Sometimes they're in a hospital morgue, often in a retirement home, sometimes in pieces on the side of the road. Post-autopsy is the worst because while they have already been bagged, the bag includes all the fluids, and it sloshes. You do NOT want that bag to break.

You tag 'em and bag 'em. Literally. Usually it's easy, as they have been wasting away for years and weigh 85 lbs, and they didn't bother to call you until all the rigor has passed (because the rest home didn't check on them more often than every other day). Sometimes it's more difficult, like the 350 lb guy who collapsed of a heart attack between his bed and the wall, and was in full rigor in a weird position. Have to break the rigor in each limb and then lever up this huge dude onto the bed, then onto the gurney, then try and zip the bag up. All the time with the family members there.

Oh yeah, when you get them back to the funeral home there's more to do. Not much, but it did get to me... you have to put cream on their faces, hands and eyeballs to keep the fridge from drying them out and making it harder for the morticians to make them look good for the funeral.

Then you stick them in the fridge along with the others. Don't think about the standard horror movie plot when you are in the fridge with half a dozen corpses and the door swings shut!

Go back home and try to get a little more sleep before you have to go to your day job.

What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
-- Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes)
Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #46
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post

You sleep with a dark suit ready on a hanger. When the pager goes off, at 1:00a.m. or 3:30am, you jump up, call the person who took the "first call" for the name and address, put on the suit, go to the office, get the van, and go to the address.

What do you retrieve? The recently deceased. Sometimes they're in a hospital morgue, often in a retirement home, sometimes in pieces on the side of the road. Post-autopsy is the worst because while they have already been bagged, the bag includes all the fluids, and it sloshes. You do NOT want that bag to break.

You tag 'em and bag 'em. Literally. Usually it's easy, as they have been wasting away for years and weigh 85 lbs, and they didn't bother to call you until all the rigor has passed (because the rest home didn't check on them more often than every other day). Sometimes it's more difficult, like the 350 lb guy who collapsed of a heart attack between his bed and the wall, and was in full rigor in a weird position. Have to break the rigor in each limb and then lever up this huge dude onto the bed, then onto the gurney, then try and zip the bag up. All the time with the family members there.

Oh yeah, when you get them back to the funeral home there's more to do. Not much, but it did get to me... you have to put cream on their faces, hands and eyeballs to keep the fridge from drying them out and making it harder for the morticians to make them look good for the funeral.

Then you stick them in the fridge along with the others. Don't think about the standard horror movie plot when you are in the fridge with half a dozen corpses and the door swings shut!

Go back home and try to get a little more sleep before you have to go to your day job.

Hands down winner!!!

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #47
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Holy fuck, that job would blow. I can honestly say I've never done anything that bad. I worked at a slaughterhouse for a few hours, it wasn't too bad but the blood smell made my stomach doweird stuff and the ball bearing gun kept jamming up. I dug ditches for the county for a while too, but that actually wasn't so bad, other than being in August. I also worked a Tace Bell like derf, it was my last civilian job. Don't ever eat anything at Taco Bell with lettuce.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #48
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post

Fun stuff ain't it? I think it would be worse if you had to wake up from a "dead" sleep and dress up for the event. I just have to wait until the family leaves (if there is some) and go in with some other peeps to wrap and tag the body. Sometimes it's really sad. Lots of times it's messy. Gotta keep everything "in/attached" to them if it is a corner's case (unknown cause of death). I've learned to cover certain orifices prior to turning the body - stuff leaks out. Sometimes they make funny noises... air in their lungs escaping.

One time, one lady we thought was deceased. Woke up, grabbed another nurse with her hand, and fell back to the bed. We did another EKG to confirm her death. She was dead prior to the "rising". That freaked us out a little. Whatever maker she was meeting, she didn't want to go.... I can still see her face and that was 5 years ago.

I'm always really respectful of the people I prepare for the morgue. I talk to them like they are still there.... b/c they might still be, you never know. On another floor I worked on, some of the nurses would open a window so the person's soul could escape. Superstitions.... Harmless. Makes the act a little less gruesome.

What strikes me as weird, is that I can run around for 12 hours, dealing with pain the in ass patients, lovely, decent people, dying patients... and then wrap them up if they die... And then go to break.

All in a days work.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #49
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

ive never really had a sucky job.

one of Z"s friend just got engaged to some dude who jack-offs pigs..........., to collect their sperm.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #50
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ive never really had a sucky job.

one of Z"s friend just got engaged to some dude who jack-offs pigs..........., to collect their sperm.
I have a friend that used to breed bulldogs and still does bull mastiffs. some of those dogs still like him more than they really should.