Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #41
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post

There are lies are both sides snappy.
Yeah! I mean, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The best thing is Government least so they quite fucking watering down the dollar (which is down 19% from March this year). Yay
I'm about 20 years down into a 30 year old bottle of Scotch, and I'd have a better chance of learning Chinese algebra than I would understanding what you just said.

JC
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I have a decoder ring from an old box of Quisp that might help...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
It is not that either. A representative democracy would be where a congressman finds out what the majority of the people of his state wants and votes that way. They would be bound by law to do so or there would be no point to elections. Just appoint someone to go up there and cast a vote. They campaign on certain platforms but once elected they are not bound to do "the will of the people".

We elect leaders to make decisions on what they feel are best but who are bound by the Constitution (like that means shit anymore).
Oops! There you go, back to civics class with you.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #44
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Homeland Security: The worst legacy of the Bush Admin. Whenever you create another goverment agency, you create another bunch of people who need to justify their jobs by creating new rules and procedures.
You appear to think that majority of the blame for the failures in this incident falls on Bush. Do you think the same of September 11th?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #45
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You appear to think that majority of the blame for the failures in this incident falls on Bush. Do you think the same of September 11th?
His post referenced the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, and nothing else. Are you not against the creation of additional bureaucracy and government glut?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #46
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

'Nother one:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...950623,00.html
Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #47
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
His post referenced the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, and nothing else. Are you not against the creation of additional bureaucracy and government glut?
What I took from the post was that failures at Homeland Security caused this incident and by calling it "the worst legacy of the Bush Admin." I implied some level of Bush responsibility for this incident. Since it was my implication from the statement rather than directly stated I posted "you appear to think". If my implication was incorrect Homeslice can correct me.

I think that something like the Department of Homeland Security is necessary. I also think that, being a government agency, the bureaucracy and glut that seems to require has made it inefficient and (to a degree) ineffective. It certainly didn't function well in this case. That is too bad.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #48
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

The good done during the Bush administration was, unfortunately, quite little, and it was far outweighed by the bad. History is usually kind looking back - anger fades, and we all tend to remember the good things more than the bad.

I suspect this aspect of human nature will still not be able to transcend the sheer magnitude of "bad" in GWB's case, and he likely will go down in history as one of the worst, if not the single worst president this country has ever known.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...6c7832dbb01be6
Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #49
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
What I took from the post was that failures at Homeland Security caused this incident and by calling it "the worst legacy of the Bush Admin." I implied some level of Bush responsibility for this incident. Since it was my implication from the statement rather than directly stated I posted "you appear to think". If my implication was incorrect Homeslice can correct me.

I think that something like the Department of Homeland Security is necessary. I also think that, being a government agency, the bureaucracy and glut that seems to require has made it inefficient and (to a degree) ineffective. It certainly didn't function well in this case. That is too bad.
Then you were ascribing a great deal of content to the statement that was not present.

There are several government agencies that handle the sort of thing that Homeland Security does, creating ADDITIONAL replication of tasks. Simply creating an oversight board, or even just going so far as creating efficient sharing of records would be more useful, as well as more fiscally responsible.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
There are several government agencies that handle the sort of thing that Homeland Security does, creating ADDITIONAL replication of tasks. Simply creating an oversight board, or even just going so far as creating efficient sharing of records would be more useful, as well as more fiscally responsible.
Bingo.