Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #41
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Bite me. That gateway drug shit is such fucking bullshit, and you should know better.

yep, through all the rehab classes and counselors I dealt with going through that stuff with him, I know exactly that they call it a gateway drug.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #42
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Actually, Ford wanted to use ethanol, but a little thing called ALCOHOL PROHIBITION was dreamed up in order to stop him, by the Rockefeller oil concern.

Of course, the marijuana prohibition was dreamed up by ANOTHER group of robber barons...friends of Mr. Kellogg (yes, that one), in order to protect their logging concerns. What made it "fly" was the scare tactic movie already mentioned here, teamed with the convenient racism of the time, which targeted blacks and Mexicans, who favored weed.

Of course, since then, years of government propaganda has made "Stepford bots" of people like yourself, who repeat such mindless drivel as "gateway drug" as if it were fact.

You can kiss my sanctimonious ass, fruitcake.
being racist there aren't you? stating that blacks and Mexicans favored weed.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #43
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Blame it on the gateway drug. Can't possibly be bad parenting...
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #44
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
being racist there aren't you? stating that blacks and Mexicans favored weed.
Nice misdirection, but I'm quoting from various reports of the time, including some Wikipedia references, IIRC.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Well I really hope they won't, it is their obligation as a state to protect Americans from themselves.....
Uhhh...no it isn't.

What I don't want to see is legalized pot, then have nationalized healthcare. Pot has 20 times the tar then cigarettes. Shit is nasty.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I feel it should be legal but I seriously doubt that legalizing marijuana is going to be California's savior.

They'd do more good by not punishing every business that comes into the state with ridiculous regulations and taxes. Also, I'm not sure if California has an income tax or not but if they do, they could do wonders dropping that and going to a consumption tax. Think of all the illegal aliens not paying taxes now who would be then. Also get rid of those over the top emmision bs.

Besides how much of a "carbon footprint" are the stoners going to leave as they burn weed and put greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. I thought California cared about the enviroment.
California is liberal as fuck. Just pick any issue, think the opposite of what it logically should be, then that is Cali.

There is a 10% income tax now....and they want to raise it to 12 something.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Uhhh...no it isn't.

What I don't want to see is legalized pot, then have nationalized healthcare. Pot has 20 times the tar then cigarettes. Shit is nasty.
More selective data. Yes, it has more tar, but it is also a natural expectorant. It also regulates apoptosis (cell replacement, which when it goes awry, often causes cancer), and has many other well-documented anti-cancer properties.

Wanting to AGAIN vilify the "demon weed" a recent study compared three groups to see which got lung cancer the most. Compared were non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and heavy pot smokers.

Guess which group had the LEAST incidence of lung cancer?

Try informing yourself better.

Last edited by Avatard; 07-15-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #48
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

at Josh. You playing devil's advocate is commedic.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #49
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Nice... Don't even have to read it all... the last two pages of this thread totally deliver.

To answer the topic question: Probably not... They will probably charge street prices, plus tax.. then it makes sense to just buy it off the street.

As far as the gateway drug garbage, what people try first is a matter of availability. I've never met a pot smoker who had not tried alcohol and tobacco before rippin' licks from the bong... That said, I don't go around quizzing everyone either. I can say this... back when I did drugs, I met plenty of motherfuckers who would lick a dirty ashtray if they thought there was a little coke spilled in it and even more who smoked more pot than Cheech and Chong, but never even tried any other illegal drug.

If you think logically it all pretty much makes sense. From day 1 in health class you are fed scare tactics that tobacco, alcohol, and drugs will kill you, seemingly immediately upon first use... if they don't drive you insane first.

Then all it takes is one sharp kid who questions the system, ala OSP, to say, "wait a minute, my grandpa has been drinking and smoking for like 400 years... and he's still perfectly fine..." Then the lil bastard starts realizing that like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, the adults are full of shit once again. Soooooooooooo... if alcohol and tobacco aren't REALLY as bad as they say, then all this other shit may not be completely terrible either...

At that point lil OSP steals a swig from the bottle of whiskey in the cabinet, stratigically repositions all the beers in the open case in the fridge to make it seem like none are missing, does similar work with individual cigarettes first... then moves on to packs within the carton. After some experimentation our boy OSP figures out that, 'hey this shit ain't at ALL what they said it was, pretty sure this other stuff isn't the great Satan either.'

Hmmm.... Now introduce marijuana... a drug that's NEARLY as readily available as alcohol and cigarettes (if you've ever been a pot smoker, you KNOW this is true). Here comes OSP's big bro with all his friends... "Yo shit stain (aka OSP), you want to hit this?" ... Why the fuck not?

The bottom line is... kids are smarter than we give them credit for, then when they figure out that we are full of shit... rather than correct the issue... we further perpetuate the bullshit and make damn certain that our kids rebel even further.

The real truth of the matter... Pot isn't bad. Lying to kids about pot, demonizing it to make it something is not, and believing everything that the government tells you... all of these most certainly are. Personally, I'd take the word of someone who's lived it, seen it, and done it over someone who read about it in a text book...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #50
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
California is liberal as fuck. Just pick any issue, think the opposite of what it logically should be, then that is Cali.

There is a 10% income tax now....and they want to raise it to 12 something.
Shit that. If I had any money and lived there I'd get the fuck out of California to a state who appreciated my money. Couldn't imagine what the corporate income tax would be out there.

I'm not a pot user (meth is where it's at) but if marijuana was legalized or the ban on marijana was repealed (however you want to state it) could a company come in and grow it to profit? I wonder this because I know people who grow marijuana and they use the seeds from other marijuana plants. What is to stop people from planting their own pot vs buying it from a company. I also wonder if all the estimates the legalize crowd throws out is estimates of what the black market makes vs a legitimate business.

Another question is if marijuana was 100% legalized in California you still have the federal ban on it. California could lose federal money and the federal government could shut these businesses down with their own policing forces. How would Cali come out ahead?