Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #41
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've been looking at those all morning. I found three I like, but I'm not seeing where one has a rain cover or weatherproofed.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tail-Bag.aspx

Speaking of rain protection, I need to add rain gear to my list.
Scroll down the second 2 have rain covers. I like the tourmaster stuff, I have one of their tank bags. the mounting set up kinda sux (its not on magnets) but th ebag itself has been through hell and aside from a little fading is in great shape. And it comes with a rain cover

I just bought that set of frog toggs so I hshould be good there but want to get something to cover my feet and hands too.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Scroll down the second 2 have rain covers. I like the tourmaster stuff, I have one of their tank bags. the mounting set up kinda sux (its not on magnets) but th ebag itself has been through hell and aside from a little fading is in great shape. And it comes with a rain cover

I just bought that set of frog toggs so I hshould be good there but want to get something to cover my feet and hands too.

Tom
I'm probably going to go with one of the two bottom ones. I'd like to get a rain suit like the one Josh let me borrow to ride home in when I went to Austin. That thing kicked ass! I rode in a downpour and didn't get wet at all nor felt any coolness from the rain.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #43
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm probably going to go with one of the two bottom ones. I'd like to get a rain suit like the one Josh let me borrow to ride home in when I went to Austin. That thing kicked ass! I rode in a downpour and didn't get wet at all nor felt any coolness from the rain.
Most of the raingear isnt realy vented which can be good and bad. Once i wore it in a heavy rain in the summer and I think I was wetter underneath from all the sweat

Another thing to consider or invest in are ziplock bags for stuff you wouldnt want getting wet (some clothes and electronics) I know for a fact my hardbags are not waterproof in heavy rain storms.

Tom
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #44
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Most of the raingear isnt realy vented which can be good and bad. Once i wore it in a heavy rain in the summer and I think I was wetter underneath from all the sweat

Another thing to consider or invest in are ziplock bags for stuff you wouldnt want getting wet (some clothes and electronics) I know for a fact my hardbags are not waterproof in heavy rain storms.

Tom
I'm going to put alot of stuff in zip lock bags as well as bring a few extra.

Here's the suit I borrowd from Josh, except his was yellow. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEDIU...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think it's being made anymore and I can't find my size in it. I could get a bigger size and just roll up the pants on it like I do almost everything else.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #45
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm going to put alot of stuff in zip lock bags as well as bring a few extra.

Here's the suit I borrowd from Josh, except his was yellow. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEDIU...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think it's being made anymore and I can't find my size in it. I could get a bigger size and just roll up the pants on it like I do almost everything else.
i think the rainsuit I have/had was a neslon rigg ( I lent out the pants and never saw them again) iborrowed a jacket from a friend on CF once when i was at his place and it started raining. i realy liked that jacket and would have bought that if rider didnt sell me the frog toggs.

Tom
Old 01-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #46
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
i think the rainsuit I have/had was a neslon rigg ( I lent out the pants and never saw them again) iborrowed a jacket from a friend on CF once when i was at his place and it started raining. i realy liked that jacket and would have bought that if rider didnt sell me the frog toggs.

Tom
From what I've heard from others about the Frog Toggs is you have to be careful when putting them on or you'll rip them. I'm hard on almost everything I wear and need something that's going to be durable.

Now I'm trying to figure out what size helmet to get. *sigh*

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #47
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
From what I've heard from others about the Frog Toggs is you have to be careful when putting them on or you'll rip them. I'm hard on almost everything I wear and need something that's going to be durable.

Now I'm trying to figure out what size helmet to get. *sigh*
Hard on everything you wear i iwll leave that alone LOL

Someone else recommended this bag

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...6B32AC5EB3126C

At least I know I have oprtions now. I iwll keep tha tin mind with the rian gear. I iwll prolly wear my textiles fo rthe GA trip so i will just need the top, but will def need both when using them for commuting to work.

Now if pay day would get here so I can do some shopping

What are you looking at for helmets? I would say hit a few dealers and try on the models you like then buy it whereever you get a good price.

Tom
Old 01-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #48
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Hard on everything you wear i iwll leave that alone LOL

Someone else recommended this bag

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...6B32AC5EB3126C

At least I know I have oprtions now. I iwll keep tha tin mind with the rian gear. I iwll prolly wear my textiles fo rthe GA trip so i will just need the top, but will def need both when using them for commuting to work.

Now if pay day would get here so I can do some shopping

What are you looking at for helmets? I would say hit a few dealers and try on the models you like then buy it whereever you get a good price.

Tom
That's a really nice bag too! Dangit, now I have more to choose from. Grrr.... I hate shopping. I'll put it in my favorites to hang out with the others until I make a decision. I'm not in a huge hurry for the bad. There's other things that I need to get now. The bag can wait for a bit.

I just bought this helmet about a year ago. It's the same model helmet I had previously and it held up well for over two years until I crashed. My problem is, the pads are still good, not really worn, but the helmet itself is loose and has been for a while. I'm not sure if maybe the pads are really worn that much (although the helmet is only a year old) or if my face thinned out when I lost weight in the spring enough to cause it to not fit properly. I love the helmet and the model enough to buy the same, except I don't know whether to get a size smaller or go with the same size. I'm not sure if either will fit correctly...one having a chance of being too big and the other being too small. It fit exactly like it was supposed to when I bought it a year ago, so I know I didn't get the wrong size to begin with.

I found my helmet on closeout for $40 (and to think I paid almost $150 for it twelve months ago), so instead of replacing the pads, I want to get another one since it's so cheap!

As far as trying on helmets locally.....do you know how hard it is to find one in an xs or an xxs around here????

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #49
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Sorry LOL

I was going to say swapping the inner pads could help as far as the fit. if its something you like and are comfy with I say stick with what works (spoken like a true creature of habit LOL)
Old 01-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #50
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

you know, you two ladies talking about shopping isn't helping my day go by any faster.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote