Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Jury duty

Well I survived and fulfilled my civic obligation but boy was it painful.

Go through orientation where they try to make it sound better than it laready is. Then I sit in a big auditorium for a good hour after that before we get called for a case.

They take about 30 of us into a room and the 2 lawyers tell us a bit about the case. Turns out its a civil case involving a motorcycle accident (at this point I figure i will be excused: I am an avid motorcyclist, I am an emergency medicine PA, and also worked in a no fault office for a few yrs so I know how seedy these guys are)

They take the first 6 people and one lawyer starts asking them questions, and it seems like its never going to end at this point. Couple of times the lawyers leave to go talk with the judge and were all WTF when is this going ot end. I akm getting annoyed because I am afraid I may have to come back today (and miss a double shift which I wont get paid for) and they said the trial was to start on tuesday (another double shift I would miss )

So its almost lunch time and the 2 lawyers went to the judge again and they were getting pissy with each other. So theyre gone for a good 20 minutes, I figured the judge cited them for contempt for being such fuckheads when this lady comes in and says were excused, we can wait and get our certificates for proof of service or if we wanted we could come back tomorrow.

Well you know my answer to that I got da fuk outta dodge

Funny thing was the woman sitting next to me was also a PA so at least I had someoen to talk to and she lives in my old town. So I am def glad i am done and didnt miss any shifts/loose any money so all is good.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote