Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #41
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

And when you really need to move some snow, use this.

I want one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #42
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Like I said, unless someone has driven over it and packed it down, I don't have to follow up with a shovel either. Scrapes it right down to the concrete, and my 30" can move some snow!

Lets see a single stage do ANYTHING with this!

I've done that and much more with a single stage small ass push toro for 15 years about. Shit was was hell. That's why I broke down and bought my big two stage self propelled Arians.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #43
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Get a plastic push shovel without the metal edge. The metal edge sucks, gets caught and at some point will bend. The plastic does a nicer job.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #44
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Not really. We don't really get that much and if we do the county is good about clearing the roads. AWD helps
DOT here totally dropped the ball last week; lots of roads had serious ice for days. Sucked. No AWD on current vehicles - planning on getting a Pilot AWD later this year, though.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
DOT here totally dropped the ball last week; lots of roads had serious ice for days. Sucked. No AWD on current vehicles - planning on getting a Pilot AWD later this year, though.
Is it true that Atlanta on has 4 road graters? That is what I heard.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #46
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Is it true that Atlanta on has 4 road graters? That is what I heard.
The city has a total of 10 trucks (not sure how many are salters, gravelers, scrapers, etc.). Not sure how many the GA DOT has in the area for the surrounding areas. In any case, we're simply not equipped for the kind of event we had last week. There's no reason to - it doesn't happen enough to warrant buying all of the equipement and having it sit unused 99% of the time. Just have to deal with it when the time comes, is all.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #47
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
The city has a total of 10 trucks (not sure how many are salters, gravelers, scrapers, etc.). Not sure how many the GA DOT has in the area for the surrounding areas. In any case, we're simply not equipped for the kind of event we had last week. There's no reason to - it doesn't happen enough to warrant buying all of the equipement and having it sit unused 99% of the time. Just have to deal with it when the time comes, is all.
Same here. FYI.... Farmer's Almanac predicted the Christmas Day snow, last week's event, and predicts a larger one in February.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #48
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Hell, with the winter that we've had so far in Toronto, we could probably lend you more trucks than there are in your whole State and not even notice.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #49
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
That means people need to stay the fuck home when it's crazy weather and roads arent' getting cleared.

Pisses me off having to go risk my ass to save some stupid idiot that decided they needed to go shopping cause they were feeling cooped up in their nice warm house while it's -10 zero visability no travel advised, and the plows have been pulled!

Ok... rant over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
That means people need to stay the fuck home when it's crazy weather and roads arent' getting cleared.

Pisses me off having to go risk my ass to save some stupid idiot that decided they needed to go shopping cause they were feeling cooped up in their nice warm house while it's -10 zero visability no travel advised, and the plows have been pulled!

Ok... rant over.
That's why the schools were closed, post office, most govt. administration, etc. They told everyone to stay the Hell home. Almost everyone heeded their advice. A big problem was the truckers on the Interstates that didn't want to listen and then got stuck and blocked the fucking highways with their vehicles.