Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #41
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Man, that sucks. I've only been out on the street when the company moved, or went bankrupt out from under me.

With that "call back in 90 days" thing it soulds like they'll be putting lay-off on your notice, rather than terminated. The kind of thing that you mentioned makes me think that the company may be on the rocks. If people are working overtime because of firings and lay-offs, then there's no client fall-off. There's something else big going on, or so my bankruptcy RADAR says.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Man, that sucks. I've only been out on the street when the company moved, or went bankrupt out from under me.

With that "call back in 90 days" thing it soulds like they'll be putting lay-off on your notice, rather than terminated. The kind of thing that you mentioned makes me think that the company may be on the rocks. If people are working overtime because of firings and lay-offs, then there's no client fall-off. There's something else big going on, or so my bankruptcy RADAR says.
Yea I didn't want to say anything but that's my feeling too. I've gone through 4 companies going out of business now. Including the company I work for now,luckily we got bought out and it looks like the new owner is keeping everyone on.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #43
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

That's a damn good possibility as well. The owners hired a new manager about 6 months ago that implimented ALOT of changes, including hiring through an employment agency (isn't that more expensive doing the hiring process yourself?) as well as stupid stuff like lockers that were totally unnecessary, making a department that was not necessarily needed as the company had been doing well without it. Making a dealer services department also meant that some of the duties assigned to us were taken away. Which means alot of us were unbeadened of some overload, but it left others without much to do....like the shift I worked. I have begged for months for them to allow my shift to do some data entry or cleaning up of old data, research, etc since the shift isn't busy, yet she wouldn't allow it.

Personally, I really love the owners of the place. They've been really good to me. In return I've been a faithful employee, always willing to go above and beyond. Whatever they asked of me, I did...no questions asked. And then I'd do even more. But since the hiring of the new manager, it's been different. I know that change of management is always a difficult time and I was trying to roll with the punches. There's alot of things she's done that's been good for the company. Yet there's other things that make me scratch my head and wonder what the fuck was she thinking. In the end, I know the owners had to approve of each change she made. They are truly great people. I'd honestly hate to see them get in a bind or go under because of some of the ideas and changes the new manager has done. To make it worse, until she started working there, she did not have any experience in this field at all, although she's managed and with success, large call centers before. That's why they hired her. But I think too much too quickly may be their downfall.

I hope not.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #44
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
That's a damn good possibility as well. The owners hired a new manager about 6 months ago that implimented ALOT of changes, including hiring through an employment agency (isn't that more expensive doing the hiring process yourself?) as well as stupid stuff like lockers that were totally unnecessary, making a department that was not necessarily needed as the company had been doing well without it. Making a dealer services department also meant that some of the duties assigned to us were taken away. Which means alot of us were unbeadened of some overload, but it left others without much to do....like the shift I worked. I have begged for months for them to allow my shift to do some data entry or cleaning up of old data, research, etc since the shift isn't busy, yet she wouldn't allow it.

Personally, I really love the owners of the place. They've been really good to me. In return I've been a faithful employee, always willing to go above and beyond. Whatever they asked of me, I did...no questions asked. And then I'd do even more. But since the hiring of the new manager, it's been different. I know that change of management is always a difficult time and I was trying to roll with the punches. There's alot of things she's done that's been good for the company. Yet there's other things that make me scratch my head and wonder what the fuck was she thinking. In the end, I know the owners had to approve of each change she made. They are truly great people. I'd honestly hate to see them get in a bind or go under because of some of the ideas and changes the new manager has done. To make it worse, until she started working there, she did not have any experience in this field at all, although she's managed and with success, large call centers before. That's why they hired her. But I think too much too quickly may be their downfall.

I hope not.
Sounds a lot like what happened at one of the companies that went bankrupt out from under me. The president of the company brought in a manager for the production side of the operation. He used to be in the auto industry and tried to run a computer manufacturer in the same way.

First thing that he did was to eliminate my quality control function. I was the only one who was double checking the assemblers' work. Next he started slapping testing certification tags on everything, without safety testing. If they hadn't gone bankrupt I'd have had their certs pulled for that but I didn't find out until I spoke to some of the guys who did overtime shifts, later on. Finally he started stripping parts out of systems that were returned for repair, so that he could fill new orders. It wasn't long after that, that the whole place went down the toilet; maybe two weeks.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote