Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #41
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
That gel seat needs to go (I think you said you were getting that on there) if you're worried about height... I found that my gel seat on my '03 rose me up about an inch and a half...
I just got a stock seat off ebay which will be sent to sargent to refoam. The gel seat will be a spare for long legged visitors
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I just got a stock seat off ebay which will be sent to sargent to refoam. The gel seat will be a spare for long legged visitors
the SV? did you buy one?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #43
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
the SV? did you buy one?
the exchange of funds have not taken place yet, but my friend from Utah is going to deliver it to me on the weekend of 9/20.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

kick ass... congrats!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #45
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

New right side plastics, brake lever, bars, mirror, tank... Before the NE Rally. Later the Ohlins goes on the rear, and the PCIII.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #46
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I have a 99TLS that I took apart and am powdercoating the frame, subframe, rims, swingarm and a few other bits. Also got a clear clutch cover and some other goodies. I also need to replace the clutch since that was on its way out. Also can get in and seal up the clutch pushrod and countershaft seals since I had them leaking on me. I also had weisco TLR pistons put in and a thinner head gasket. And the funny thing was after that my mileage improved.

My futura is my daily commuter and weekend bike for now, needs a bit of maintenance but is otherwise running well.

I also have a 2000 gsxr 750 track bike but will be doing one or 2 days this year and selling it for something newer at the end of the season.
Tom
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Didn't make it smoother down low? Thats what I'm looking for.
It's hard to say. I did the reroute when I was rebuilding the bike. Not riding it for a few months then cutting out the airbox, putting in a K&N, doing the breather reroute, and putting the Special OPS pipe on there makes it a bit difficult to know if one thing had much of an impact over another. All that said, doing those mods did seem to make the bike feel stronger and pretty much whacked out that whole 'hit the throttle and almost stall' thing off idle that sometimes happens... Legitimate performance improvement.... but the motherfucker sounded SICK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I haven't. I forgot about it actually. I may do that AND the KD Fab catch can as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Yeah, that catch can looks awesome...but a bit too rich for my blood.
Fuck that shit... big waste of money. Take a look at the amount of oil that actually makes it's way out of the breathers and that fucking catch can is a joke. I put a little breather filter I got at Advanced Auto Parts for like $6 on mine. After nearly 2k miles, not a fucking drip... the filter looked new.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #47
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Riding season is pretty much done here. Another month and itll be too cold for even short rides.
Hey, speak for yourself! The earliest I've ever put mine away was Halloween. Usually mid November. Getting that late into it though means rides get a little fewer and further between

On the VF I'll probably get some new rubber and store it away for when it comes back out. Maybe some new fork seals.

The Bandit, hopefully, wont even belong to me long enough to get winterized. If it does then I dont know what, if anything, I'll want to do with it. Possibly a new chain since I seem to be developing a stiff link.

Probably some new gear for the GF. Some of the stuff she used to wear on the back doesnt seem to cut it now that she's piloting her own.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Nice.

It's hard to say. I did the reroute when I was rebuilding the bike. Not riding it for a few months then cutting out the airbox, putting in a K&N, doing the breather reroute, and putting the Special OPS pipe on there makes it a bit difficult to know if one thing had much of an impact over another. All that said, doing those mods did seem to make the bike feel stronger and pretty much whacked out that whole 'hit the throttle and almost stall' thing off idle that sometimes happens... Legitimate performance improvement.... but the motherfucker sounded SICK.

Fuck that shit... big waste of money. Take a look at the amount of oil that actually makes it's way out of the breathers and that fucking catch can is a joke. I put a little breather filter I got at Advanced Auto Parts for like $6 on mine. After nearly 2k miles, not a fucking drip... the filter looked new.
I've already got the Drummer and the K&N, so the breather is next. I'm not fucking with the air box. I'll let the snorkle do it's thing. I dont want to remap this bike, which is why I'm not doing the air box.

As for the catch can, I'm going your route, just a small filter down there somewhere. I think I wanna route my hoses down the back of the frame and dump out behind the left peg.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #49
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
kick ass... congrats!
Thanks

If this falls through I am going to hurt someone. And then will just hold out for a new bike.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #50
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 View Post
Hey, speak for yourself! The earliest I've ever put mine away was Halloween. Usually mid November. Getting that late into it though means rides get a little fewer and further between
You trading the bandit? Whats in your future?

Unfortunately, up here anyway, snow has been coming really early (and the days of me riding to Halifax from moncton in snow are over for me ) the last couple of years.

The sad thing is, there wont be enough for the sled till x-mas. I wish it was just an automatic switching of seasons. from 25 degrees and sunny one day, to -25 with 8 feet of snow the next. Thats the way it should be, imo! Fuck spring and fall!
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote