Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #41
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
HOWEVER if you're gonna be that azzhat...they are within their rights to cuff you to further check you out if they consider you a threat to become physical. If you start talking the chit you descibed above they can detain you and take their sweet little time and make you sit there...again...it goes both ways. You are showing no respect so you not getting as much as you would if you would just stfu and cooperate. You would have already been on your way but not now wiseazz.

No I'm not a cop.
Completely disagree, unless they have true probable case. Talking shit is not probable cause alone and any police officer who restrains a citizen for talking shit alone should be tried in front of a jury of his peers.

To Serve the public means they have to take your shit, but you don't have to take theirs. Its not a job people should be getting into to display their dominance over other humans, its a job to serve the local public.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #42
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
To Serve the public means they have to take your shit, but you don't have to take theirs. Its not a job people should be getting into to display their dominance over other humans, its a job to serve the local public.
is that in their handbook?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #43
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Completely disagree, unless they have true probable case. Talking shit is not probable cause alone and any police officer who restrains a citizen for talking shit alone should be tried in front of a jury of his peers.

talking shit is generally a way to escalate a situation. the reason for doing it would be to get a ressponse. them cuffing you would be that response.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #44
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
is that in their handbook?
Don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
talking shit is generally a way to escalate a situation. the reason for doing it would be to get a ressponse. them cuffing you would be that response.
Their response should be to finish what they're doing and go on about their business after they de-escalate the situation, or ignore the behavior.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #45
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

Well we can completely agree to disagree then. It works both ways...show respect to get respect...it's human nature. Cops aren't robots and as hard as they try (the good ones)...some get under their skin.

I'm basing this on you being pulled due to the officer having a valid reason...not just for the he11 of it. When they approach you and ask for ID and you go into a tirade or start calling them a pig...etc...that's just BS on your part so you may be delayed a little and if you decide to escalate so be it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #46
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:

Their response should be to TAZE THEM
fixed
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #47
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Yes it is his fault.

Extreme example: If a unit commander orders a private to throw a grenade into a room with women and children is it his fault if he kills them? Yes, yes it is. We are all responsible for our actions, job or not.
Murdering women & children isn't even a remotely valid example. But thanks for playing, fucktard.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #48
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Well we can completely agree to disagree then. It works both ways...show respect to get respect...it's human nature. Cops aren't robots and as hard as they try (the good ones)...some get under their skin.
Agreed.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:

I'm basing this on you being pulled due to the officer having a valid reason...not just for the he11 of it. When they approach you and ask for ID and you go into a tirade or start calling them a pig...etc...that's just BS on your part so you may be delayed a little and if you decide to escalate so be it.
Refusing to display a driver's license is illegal, and should be, therefore the officer has probable cause to escalate the situation. He's not reacting to the smack talk, he's reacting to an illegal situation and his duty to enforce an important law.

They can continue to talk shit while they hand over their license and insurance however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Murdering women & children isn't even a remotely valid example. But thanks for playing, fucktard.
That's why it says "extreme" example, but the premise is the same and deals with the notion that its ok to do things that are wrong as long as it is in your job description. Go bake a pie, cunt.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #50
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I don't see anything wrong with cops writing tickets. They need the funding and to be quite honest I haven't ever received a ticket that I didn't earn. If they stopped writing tickets and their funding was increased via taxing then everyone would complain that they aren't getting enough out of their tax dollars.

It should also be noted that traffic stops frequently lead to arrests for many other things beyond speeding. Things like drug busts, DUIs and previous warrants for someones arrest wouldn't ever occur if cops didn't get out in the world and issue citations.

I befriended a couple of cops in college through a Mustang club and I couldn't believe the shit they have to deal with at times. If a cop asks you to stop and talk to him but you decide to run for it. I don't mind watching you get your ass kicked at the end of the chase.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote