Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
If it were up to you all we'd still have saber tooth tigers and raptors running around.
Sure - they were funny in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #42
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
1.) Wolves usually set out territorial boundaries and stay within them, often even avoiding the fringes. They are NOT conquerors.
If that statement is true, why are the wolves that were turned loose in Yellowstone already spreading outside the park and killing livestock in the area?

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #43
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
If that statement is true, why are the wolves that were turned loose in Yellowstone already spreading outside the park and killing livestock in the area?
Lack of food Could also be that the territory they established happened to overlap with neighboring farms.

Last edited by Ineffable; 12-19-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #44
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Right and they were spread all over the northern USA at one time cause they are so good at staying in one place. If that statement was true they would have died out long ago from inbreeding.

Funny how 2 of the 3 people that are all for the wolf are from FL. You know where all the large wild animals are. I bet if one of them wolves jumped over your fence with your pet in his mouth you would want him dead before you let your kids wait for the bus a few blocks away.

We have been getting a lot of Coyotes around my house and they have been following joggers around. I'm sure it will not be long before people start to panic after a pet or small child has a run in with one.

We saw 11 of them one night just behind the house (I live in the city near the schools) but they don't like the neighbors Rot they take off as soon as he come outside. The Rot will come out as soon as he smells them, a few barks and they scatter. For now.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #45
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
must've ran out of beer.

You'd ransack a farm too if there were no more beer left in your area.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #46
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Not everyone has a duel degree in biology and is working on their masters in biology and population dynamics....just saying
I'm with ya on this one. I'm a few semesters away from my bio degree and plan on going to grad school working on plant ecology. Some arguments (most) on the web are just not worth having.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Right and they were spread all over the northern USA at one time cause they are so good at staying in one place. If that statement was true they would have died out long ago from inbreeding.

Funny how 2 of the 3 people that are all for the wolf are from FL. You know where all the large wild animals are. I bet if one of them wolves jumped over your fence with your pet in his mouth you would want him dead before you let your kids wait for the bus a few blocks away.

We have been getting a lot of Coyotes around my house and they have been following joggers around. I'm sure it will not be long before people start to panic after a pet or small child has a run in with one.

We saw 11 of them one night just behind the house (I live in the city near the schools) but they don't like the neighbors Rot they take off as soon as he come outside. The Rot will come out as soon as he smells them, a few barks and they scatter. For now.

Well that's what you get for building your houses in their habitat!!! Besides, if they kill a child or two, it's just nature's way of culling our numbers...

Don't roaches, rats and termites deserve to live and thrive? Please tell me that you wouldn't be on the phone to pest control in 5 seconds if your house was infested with them. Aren't we encroaching on their territory as well? Don't they have the same rights as bees?

BTW I love part time environmentalists, stand in the middle of your living room and bask in all the "habitat" that was destroyed to produce it. Every board came from a tree that may have sheltered animals and provided them with food. Every nail produced from an iron mine that may have destroyed thousands of acres of habitat. Every piece of plastic an oil well somewhere. The very warmth in the Winter and coolness in the Summer paid for with the loss of what was once wilderness. The beautiful motorcycles that we ride stand as testimony to our disdain of nature and our contribution to the destruction of Mother Earth... but OMG don't shoot a fucking wolf!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I'm with ya on this one. I'm a few semesters away from my bio degree and plan on going to grad school working on plant ecology. Some arguments (most) on the web are just not worth having.
There is no such thing as "an argument not worth having"!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #49
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Funny how 2 of the 3 people that are all for the wolf are from FL. You know where all the large wild animals are.
Yeah, what would anybody from FL know about wild animals? They only have alligators, panthers, bears, wild boar, shark... wait, what were you saying again?
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:08 AM   #50
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

What I really find amusing is that some people think "mankind" isn't "natural" to this planet. Like we're an alien life form that is a scouge to all life on earth.

None of the save the planet and save the animal people are willing to give up their cars and houses and electricity, heat and air, tv, computers, cell phones etc, and go live in a cave and hunt with a sharp stick and a rock (or to make it fair, bare hands) to bring "balance" back to the "natural" way of things, are ya???

Yeah, that's what I thought

BTW, them 'er some big ass wolves they growin' up there!!!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote