Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #41
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
it's like mall "cops" though - you know they're lame. We know they're down there to point to the elevators and tell you where to find the bus schedule. I would NOT expect them to help me in any sort of emergency regardless of what their stupid vests says. so you would have been ok with the situation if they wore a vest that said "information man" instead? I still say that even if a bystander had jumped in, it would have gotten worse. I'm sorry one person got hurt. I'm relieved it wasn't more.
Up here "mall cops" would step in, and some of our Campus Security have Asps/use of force training.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #42
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
Until you've been in that situation, you really do NOT know.
Absolutely agree.

Again - stepping into an ongoing fight, beating on the aggressor, simply trying to physically restrain them... I can see valid arguments against not doing these things.

But to not AT LEAST put your twice-as-large body between a 15 year kid lying on the ground and the out-of-control bitch continuing to kick their head in? ZERO excuse for not at least attempting to passively shield her. Not 'not my job', not 'might escalate the situation' - nothing other than being an apathetic human being, IMO.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
I haven't read the whole thread. But don't need to. This highlited part is the crux to me. Fuck what their JOB is. You have a responsibility as a human being to look out for those weaker than you. .
Who the fuck are you to say what anyones responsibility as a human is?

While I would have done something, its sickening to think that someone is morally liable to help someone else.

Of course, in your ridiculous society, doing something might get you sued for everything you've ever worked for. Should someone risk that because another person is getting a beating? Do you think a life is more important than your livelyhood?

To be quite frank, i'd save my dogs life before most peoples, given the option. So dont tell me what my responsibilities are as a human.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #44
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Sometimes that's the price of doing the right thing.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #45
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

[QUOTE=lauralynne;335301][QUOTE=Kerry_129;335271]I don't understand the notion that taking action to prevent a girl who is already on the ground and getting kicked in the head repeatedly would somehow 'make things worse'.
Quote:

If someone had stepped in, the violence would have escalated - possibly to the point that nobody knew who the bad guy was...like I said - I would HOPE that I would step in, but in reality, I probably would have moved farther away. Call me a pussy - yup. That's me. I'm not macho, even on the internet. Given that all of this happened in a split second - how do you know who the bad guy is? Unless you're trained. Passer-bys don't know what happened, they don't even have time to react. What if she stole the purse from them and now she's getting the shit kicked out of her - then you start beating on the 'victim' - well hell.
How about if we just all get vest that identify "bad guy" or "good guy" then we'll all be ready ... just in case.
it's easy to watch a short video and comment on 'what should have happened' For people who've been in this situation (or worse - how do we know there weren't 2 or 3 concealed weapons in this scenario) - you really do NOT know how you will react. You'd like to THINK you know - and you'd like to hope that you'll behave in a humane rational way - but the reality might be completely different.

Until you've been in that situation, you really do NOT know.
I have been in the situation, more than once. But that isn't the point. You are taking the good guy, bad guy thing way too far. I don't think anyone said anything about giving the person doing the assualting a beating. But not preventing someone in a defenseless position from getting a boot stomp to the melon is ridiculous. In THAT instance the person doing the boot stomp is in the wrong. Period.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #46
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Who the fuck are you to say what anyones responsibility as a human is?

While I would have done something, its sickening to think that someone is morally liable to help someone else.

Of course, in your ridiculous society, doing something might get you sued for everything you've ever worked for. Should someone risk that because another person is getting a beating? Do you think a life is more important than your livelyhood?

To be quite frank, i'd save my dogs life before most peoples, given the option. So dont tell me what my responsibilities are as a human.
Are you serious? Right is right and wrong is wrong. THIS attitude is a major reason why so much violent crime is committed. ESP in minorities and poor areas of any race. Nobody gives a fuck about any body else any more. And that attitude is perpetuated every day by shitty parenting or NO parenting, and by people that don't even have kids. "Ima look out for me. Fuck you and yours". Thats a great way to be.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #47
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Sometimes that's the price of doing the right thing.

Well, all I can say, is here in Canada, i'd help right away, without a second thought.

Below our border, not so much. Being sued for everything I own would be weighing on my mind all the time.

And yes, imo, my livelyhood is more important to me than a strangers life.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #48
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
Are you serious? Right is right and wrong is wrong. THIS attitude is a major reason why so much violent crime is committed. ESP in minorities and poor areas of any race. Nobody gives a fuck about any body else any more. And that attitude is perpetuated every day by shitty parenting or NO parenting, and by people that don't even have kids. "Ima look out for me. Fuck you and yours". Thats a great way to be.
Blame your own sue happy society for it.

Me and my family = #1

everyone else is a distant second.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
yep and if you touch that 15 year old girl doing the stomping, i gaurantee she goes home to her parents and says you assaulted her. you just caused a huge lawsuit for the security company. how long do you think you will retain your job? i know who cares about employment these days, lots of jobs out there.
ever taken any lifegaurd courses? rule #1 save yourself first.
She can go home and say whatever she wants, its on video dude, clear as day. And if I get fired then so be it man. Fear of losing your job is not an excuse to not do the right thing.

Rule #1 for lifeguarding applies to not DYING when you rescue someone. Does not apply here at all. I can handle a 15 year old girl without breaking her bones and without endangering myself...its really not that big a deal for any man that weighs over 150lbs.

It is straight up disgusting to see people making excuses for a situation like this.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #50
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Its ghetto rule# 452..

When two girls start fighting all ghetto males will observe until either
A. Excess bloood (OOOOOOOOOOOH DAT SHIH JUS NAAAAASTY)
B. Iminent threat of police showing up
C. Girl is cute and obtainable for banging
D. Tih-teeze appear. When Tih-teeze appear so do cell phone cameras.

Plenty of videos out there that show adherence to this rule.
Even some cops will wait a second if the clothes are loose and the girl has a nice body.

I was raised in different era I guess in a weird enviroment. Fights were always one on one and if one "participant" hit the floor, then the fight was over and then broken up. None of this kicking in the head bullshit.

In a case like the video, if I were the security guard I would probably be drunk and depressed that I lost my job and had to make ends meet on a security guards salary. the video would have been me jumping in to protect the girl quickly followed by
1. Me vomiting mid punch
2. pushed to the ground in my drunken stupor
3. bunch of little brats kicking me in the groin and head
4. follow up story of me being fired for drinking on the job

I would probably have put on some pounds at that point so it wouldn't be a pretty picture.
Thats unless the wife decided to go back to work, but she'd probably start banging one of her coworkers.

This video make me thankful for what I have today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote