Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Apoc, I live in Texas. I'm not FROM Texas.

Do you really think I live in a bubble? I just find it really funny two white guys on this side of the world going round and round over what is popular in another culture neither have experienced.
at least I have first hand knowledge :P

but yeah, this is just a meaningless debate, now leave us alone
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #42
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

The painfully emaciated face of China's illegal trade in tiger bones as 11 big cats are found starving to death in zoo

By Katherine Faulkner
Last updated at 2:59 PM on 18th March 2010

This painfully emaciated tiger is the shocking face of China's illegal trade in tiger bones.

The image of the caged animal emerged after11 Siberian tigers were found starving to death in a scandal-plagued Chinese zoo.

The Shenyang Forest Wildlife Zoo, which has been closed down by police, has been accused of illegally supplying tiger bones to local doctors who use them to brew traditional medicines.
rex

Reduced to nothing but skin and bones - which just happen to be the parts of the tiger that can fetch up to £50,000 on the black market - an emaciated tiger rests in the Xiongsen Bear and Tiger Park in China

But it is not the only place where tigers in China are in danger.

The image of the tiger above was taken in the Xiongsen Bear and Tiger Park in Guilin City, China, where 1,400 tigers are kept in a space the size of Regents Park.

A source said that tigers there are slowly starving as food rations are slashed to pay to run refrigerators keeping the animal's body parts fresh to sell on the black market.

Trade in the bones is banned - but the parts from one tiger can fetch up to £50,000 on the black market.
Shenyang Forest Wild Zoological Garden

Scandal: Left, the entrance to the Shenyang Forest Wild Zoological Garden, where the 11 Siberian tigers were found starving. Right, more evidence of the danger facing tigers across the world as forestry personnel inspect a seized Sumatran tiger skin and bones during an operation against poachers in Indonesia in 2006

Siberian tigers are a critically endangered species. Only 400 of the creatures are thought to remain in the wild.

It is thought that between 6 and 10,000 tigers are being kept in captivity in China.

The government has defended the ‘captive breeding programme’ which allows zoos like this to operate.

But animal welfare activists say many of the country's 'captive breeding centres' are really just farms for the sought-after tiger body parts.

The rows of squalid sheds where the tigers live at Guilin 'park'

Life imprisonment: The rows of squalid sheds where the tigers live at Guilin 'park'
tiger

At risk: A May, 2009 photo shows Siberian tigers leaping to catch a chicken tossed by a feeder at a branch of Harbin Siberian Tigers Breeding Center in Shenyang, near the zoo that was shut down in northeast China's Liaoning province

Hua Ning, the project director of the International Fund for Animal Welfare in China, said: 'Anyone with money is allowed to build a zoo or wildlife park without proper facilities, professional breeders or veterinarians.

'When they later discover, they cannot afford to raise the animals, this leads to deaths and labour disputes.'

The Chinese police said an investigation had been launched into the mistreatment of animals at the zoo.

Liu Xiongying, a senior official at the State Forestry Admission, told the China Daily: 'We are closely following the development of the incidents.

‘If it proves such bad practices are happening on a large scale, the administration will release nationwide measures to stop such actions.'
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #43
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Click here to print
You win.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #44
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Apparently MJ and barkley taught him how to cheat and get away with it.
Or not...all have been caught, yes?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #45
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Apoc, I live in Texas. I'm not FROM Texas.

Do you really think I live in a bubble? I just find it really funny two white guys on this side of the world going round and round over what is popular in another culture neither have experienced.
1. Its not hard to find out whats big in any country. Pepsi or Coke? The statistics are out there for every country in the world. You can find out how many barbies were sold in Iran if you really want to. I follow golf, I buy the magazines, I read the websites, the forums, the news. I see the Asian Tour on Golf Channel every week. Also the Europeen, and the Nationwide.

Golf Digest does an article every month on golf in China and Korea. Why? Because they have the best young players in the world. China is changing quickly, and they have opened up to the world a lot more in recent years. They want from golf being illegal in China at the turn of this century, to over 400 top ranked golf courses, and countless Municipal courses in just under ten years. It takes about 5 years to make a course, from planning to the first tee shot. Hundreds more are planned before 2015.

2. Let us have our fun. If it wasnt for us arguing, thered be barely a post on this forum.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Or not...all have been caught, yes?
True, but still, to be as famous as any of them and keep it under wraps as long as they did, is quite an impressive feat.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #47
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
True, but still, to be as famous as any of them and keep it under wraps as long as they did, is quite an impressive feat.
It would have been if Tiger didn't go bitch in the end.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #48
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
It would have been if Tiger didn't go bitch in the end.
True. But when Nike is paying you 40 million a year, you'll be as sorry as they want you to be, too.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #49
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
True. But when Nike is paying you 40 million a year, you'll be as sorry as they want you to be, too.
I'd like to say that I wouldn't be, that'd I'd tell the media to fuck off and mind their own business. But, then again, I've never been rich or famous...so who knows.

If he would've been a man about it, came out and said something like, "Yea, I fucked all those bitches right good too. Probably going to keep doing it as long as I can too, because its awesome" then Nike probably would've dropped him sure....but he would've still recovered just the same...and he would've kept his balls intact.

Although, if the end result of his chosen approach of being a bitch nets him more money, pussy and golf jackets then who am I to criticize anyway?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #50
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Agreed.
Barkley used to say all the time "I ain't married, but my wife is".