Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #41
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
You can keep CA. I can't wait to fly home this morning so I can wash off the smell of bums, crazies, and San Fran's universal health care tax.
Plenty of bums and other undesireables in downtown ATL...........The only difference is, there's a legitimate reason to go downtown in San Fran for entertainment. Not so for ATL.......Their downtown is a ghost town in comparison.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. All the works that we anticipated in California fell through so I got assigned to the job in Boise. I can either take it or take a lay-off.

One thing for sure, the rent is dirt cheap.

I've found shops to service my scooter, my Beemer and my Katoom. But the closest Aprilia shop is in Portland, Oregon.

Local scuba diving consists of several lakes and streams. Not necessarily bad.

Don't know what the honey situation is like or even the twisties are like, though the Katoom should be able to get some offroad workout done.
I heard the roads are pretty nice an hour or so away. Good skiing too.

The women, well, if you like 99.9% of them to be white, blond and blue-eyed........
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #43
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I heard the roads are pretty nice an hour or so away. Good skiing too.

The women, well, if you like 99.9% of them to be white, blond and blue-eyed........
....and don't forget fat.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #44
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post

Don't know what the honey situation is like

Mormon. And hay fed bruisers. Best get your workout and Caucasian dialect on.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #45
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

I worked in the eastern part of the Idaho. Most of the eastern boundary of the state is the Continental Divide. The Tetons and Yellowstone is like going to another world. And there's a reason one of the many mountain ranges there is called the Sawtooth's. Half of the state is National Forest or Wilderness.

I've never been to Boise, but look at Route 21 going north. You pretty much can't throw a rock without hitting some twisties. And to the south, you have desert, gambling, and whore houses. There's flat, straight roads, twisty roads, and tons of off-road. A motorcyclist's dream.

As for honey, most everyone is into outdoor recreation, both summer and winter, so there's not much fat. Unfortunately, I'm sure Boise is even more cowtown than Denver.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #46
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Plenty of bums and other undesireables in downtown ATL...........The only difference is, there's a legitimate reason to go downtown in San Fran for entertainment. Not so for ATL.......Their downtown is a ghost town in comparison.
Not every 5 feet like SFO. Not to mention the problem with it you can't change; it's in communist CA.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #47
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I lived in Northern Utah for awhile and have been to Boise. Yeah, your nightlife is going to suck compared to what you've had, and there aren't going to be as many hot women as you've seen in SoCal, but if you like riding your motorcycles, and can get into hiking, skiing and snowmobiling, you'll have an absolute blast. No doubt in my mind about that.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #48
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I lived in Northern Utah for awhile and have been to Boise. Yeah, your nightlife is going to suck compared to what you've had, and there aren't going to be as many hot women as you've seen in SoCal, but if you like riding your motorcycles, and can get into hiking, skiing and snowmobiling, you'll have an absolute blast. No doubt in my mind about that.
I can definitely get back into hiking again if I don't have to drive five hours to the boondocks like in SoCal. But that white powder shit? That's for the birds.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #49
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Sure sounds like Congrads are in order, as long as the company is paying for the move.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #50
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

So what are you doing? Same job, same pay? If it's same job/same pay, you'll probably be moving up significantly in the world just from the cost of living difference...

I think the motorcycling thing has been covered... but as far as women are concerned, there are hot chicks everywhere. I'd venture to guess that everyone posting down about the Boise talent probably ain't pulling super models... or even Sears catalog models anyway.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote