Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #41
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Because they want to? I'm glad I don't live in a world where I only do things I need to do and that are good for me.

The two pitchers of beer and twenty wings I had last night? I know they're horrible for me. Still enjoyed every minute of it.
Wings taste good and beer lets you get drunk. Cigarettes do nothing for you. They don't get you high, they taste/smell like shit, and you pay a lot for nothing. Crackheads spend a little more and get so much more. I view them as much smarter.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #42
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

i had a buddy in high school that sprayed raid on his cigs to get high..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #43
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Wings taste good and beer lets you get drunk. Cigarettes do nothing for you. They don't get you high, they taste/smell like shit, and you pay a lot for nothing. Crackheads spend a little more and get so much more. I view them as much smarter.
Again, what does your opinion on it have to do with whether or not somebody chooses to do it?

You can think it's dumb all you like. But, it's their personal choice to do it.

I'd prefer if they didn't do it around me. But, don't give two shits if they smoke 12 packs a day.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #44
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Some people think wings taste like shit too. Ever notice how everybody everywhere doesn't always like exactly the same thing? Funny isn't it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #45
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I completely support a private establishment's right to ban smoking, what I strongly disagree with is the Govt forcing them into no-smoking status. That is completely your choice to go to non-smoking only restaurants (which is exactly what I always did before the pussy laws came into effect) or to go to smoking places if you want to light up.

As far as smoking outdoors goes, don't be a pussy, just walk around them. Goddamn people have some ultra-thin skin anymore. Its a wonder we can even keep infectious bacteria from invading our bodies with weak-ass skin like this.

Smittie, why would anyone who isn't a complete idiot ride a motorcycle? They have been proven, over and over and over again to be FAR more dangerous and lethal than the 4-wheel alternative? Your helmet and leathers won't save you when shit goes raw on I-20 when surrounded by cars, pick-ups and semis. Not to mention road hazards such as gravel, oil, animals and refrigerators. I mean, obviously these people are extremely dumb (yes, I said dumb) to greatly risk shortening their lives or quality of life just to get from point a to point b.

We should outlaw those dangerous motorcycles! I'm gonna draft a petition...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #46
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Smittie, why would anyone who isn't a complete idiot ride a motorcycle? They have been proven, over and over and over again to be FAR more dangerous and lethal than the 4-wheel alternative? Your helmet and leathers won't save you when shit goes raw on I-20 when surrounded by cars, pick-ups and semis. Not to mention road hazards such as gravel, oil, animals and refrigerators. I mean, obviously these people are extremely dumb (yes, I said dumb) to greatly risk shortening their lives or quality of life just to get from point a to point b.

We should outlaw those dangerous motorcycles! I'm gonna draft a petition...
People who don't ride motorcycles almost always understand why people do it. They just wouldn't do it themselves. However people who don't smoke can't figure out why people smoke other than they are addicts. If you smoke pot, shoot up heroine, do cocaine, or wack off 10x a day the people who won't will understand. They know there is a high that most everyone would enjoy if they did it. But cigarettes don't get you high. There is no way they can taste good and if they do then stick your head over a hickory bbq.

And even if you are addicted I don't see why you wouldn't do everything in your power to stop or take up some new vice.

I'm not saying the government (or anyone) should stop people from smoking. I just don't want them to blab on about how it is harmless or more specifically how it won't harm ME. You smell like shit, cost ME money due to your health problems, cause health problems for others, and are proven to be dumber overall.

And the fatasses who are stuffing their face with burgers are reacting to the natural instinct to eat. Though they are still pathetic themselves.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #47
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

So what group of people do you not consider yourself better than? Or is it just that certain behaviors are ok....as long as you do them...

And no, not everyone who doesn't ride a motorcycle understands. I find that most don't actually.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #48
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
But you're ignoring the fact that cigarettes are designed to be addictive.

How are chocolate and fast food addictive? What chemicals in them make your body dependant on it like nicotine does?
Haha, what better way to gain repeat customer business than FOOD ADDITIVES!

BTW Oreos are a big one that I know off the top of my head... 23 stimulants designed to keep you coming back for more. Sorta like the amount of "flavors in Dr. Pepper".

http://www.crisisprevention.com/what..._NDenison.html

http://www.lindamelosnd.com/docs/art...Just%20One.pdf
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
So what group of people do you not consider yourself better than? Or is it just that certain behaviors are ok....as long as you do them...

And no, not everyone who doesn't ride a motorcycle understands. I find that most don't actually.
I'm a legend in my own mind so no one is better than me.

But seriously when you pick up a cigarette what do you get out of it? When you tell me you pick up a joint I understand why someone would do it. I can't for the life of me think of why someone would find a cigarette enjoyable other than fulfilling into their addiction that they wouldn't have if they never started. Or that they actually think they are cool. That shit lost it's cool back in the 50s.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #50
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:

Quoted for the TRUTH.

Most, if not all cagers think people who ride m/cs have a death wish.

And for the whole "smokers vs non smokers", you live your life, I'll live mine. I won't bitch about your habits, you don't bitch about mine.

As stated above, grow a thicker layer of skin and get a life.