Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #41
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Lou Ferrigno, over 300, lean(at his peak). Of course he also 6'6".
He's surely talking about just regular guys who juice(not exactly roided to the max).. there are HUNDREDS if not thousands of guys who are over 240 with very visible abs. Hell Jay Cutler can sit at 290 with clear abs. But tons of amateur bodybuilders and obviously just about any pro fit that description.
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #42
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Good Greek yogurt has no sugar, almost no carbs.

101 what do you do for energy? When I cut out all carbs I can barely function. Just not a shred of energy. Drinking caffeine just dehydrates me.
Carbs are for energy man....take them in the AM. Then....during lifting sip on BCAAs plus Gatorade then take a protein carb shake aftewards or eat a protein/carb meal. Also, get creatine and beta alanine and take it right before you lift (5-10grams each). This will give you some power.

If you do this consistenly, your body will adjust using fats as fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Lou Ferrigno, over 300, lean(at his peak). Of course he also 6'6".

6'6...a freak of nature...on HGH and prolly slin. Not exactly what I was talking about.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-17-2010 at 06:43 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #43
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Carbs are for energy man....take them in the AM. Then....during lifting sip on BCAAs plus Gatorade then take a protein carb shake aftewards or eat a protein/carb meal. Also, get creatine and beta alanine and take it right before you lift (5-10grams each). This will give you some power.

If you do this consistenly, your body will adjust using fats as fuel.
I eat greek yogurt and granola w/ fruit in the AM and if I don't have some carbs again I'm out cold in a few hours. I'll try it though. Creatine never did jack for me.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #44
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

I don't agree with a lot of what he says. I don't think creatine has instant results and the carbs you eat today are the ones you burn for energy tomorrow. Many pros eat carbs late in the day for this reason. It's their job to be leaner than imaginable come contest time...
Old 09-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #45
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
I don't agree with a lot of what he says. I don't think creatine has instant results and the carbs you eat today are the ones you burn for energy tomorrow. Many pros eat carbs late in the day for this reason. It's their job to be leaner than imaginable come contest time...
I would think their diet would be modified due to all the roidz they were on.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #46
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

The added muscle creates an environment for better fat burning etc, but I don't feel like that's the reason.. I think I'm going to stop posting in this thread.. I'm burnt out enough on my own diet much less anyone anyone else's. But yeah, their diets are modified.. They take in like 8,000 calories. We can use the same techniques with portions adapted to our size/metabolism/needs.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #47
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
I don't agree with a lot of what he says. ...
You may not because you rely heavliy on "bro science" such as if guy A does this and he is big then it must be true without actually understanding how the body and mechanisms work.

I'm talking about natural bodybuilding...and you keep bringing in "pros" on gear meaning they are burning fat a much higher rate then someone with a 400 test level.

You can eat carbs within 2 hours of lifting. After that you just stand to get fatter. Do you not think that eating carbs at night is any different for energy then eating fats after resting 8 hours? Does that really make any sense?

Creatine becomes saturated in the muscle, so you are just replacing the stuff that is breaking down, but you have to use it for while before the muscles become saturated. So techinically yes you do not get instant results.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #48
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I eat greek yogurt and granola w/ fruit in the AM and if I don't have some carbs again I'm out cold in a few hours. I'll try it though. Creatine never did jack for me.
Why yogurt? And wtf...a granola bar?

Take 2 scoops of whey, handful of mixed frozen fruit and 1 cup of ground oats in a blender and drink it.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #49
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
The added muscle creates an environment for better fat burning etc, but I don't feel like that's the reason.. I think I'm going to stop posting in this thread.. I'm burnt out enough on my own diet much less anyone anyone else's. But yeah, their diets are modified.. They take in like 8,000 calories. We can use the same techniques with portions adapted to our size/metabolism/needs.
No you can't. Remember alot of those "pros" are on insulin otherwise they wouldn't be eating 8k cals a day.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #50
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

I rely on the kind of science that gets printed in books, not whatever some no name skinny guy wrote in Muscle and Fitness this month. Am I telling anyone here to eat 800g of carbs a day? No. I fail to see how taking steroids is going to make someone's body process food in a completely different way. Obviously there is a change, hence the higher calories. The reason I mention pros is because they do things because they work. Those diet techniques can still carry over to people who are natural. BTW a healthy adult male makes 70-120mg of test a week, not 400.