Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #41
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

Like I said before, for casual pics, use your phone. If the picture really counts break out the luggage.
That is what I do, most of the time it's about convenience. And, with a good android app the pictures are fine.

Anything more than that and the SLR comes out. I don't usually want to carry more than my phone anyway.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
That is what I do, most of the time it's about convenience. And, with a good android app the pictures are fine.

Anything more than that and the SLR comes out. I don't usually want to carry more than my phone anyway.
That is what I'm trying to say... If I'm BRINGING A CAMERA, carrying an extra piece of equipment to whatever event I want to get a pic of...bring the DSLR. Why bring a p&s that is barely better than my phone?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #43
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You were the one who said I must not want to take good pictures if I only wanted a point & shoot camera. Fact is, having an SLR doesn't automatically provide a better picture unless you've got the skill to do it. And maybe some people don't want to bother learning those skills. For those people, buying an SLR isn't going to improve their photos.
Yes I did.. So what does that have to do with anything else? I can't ride a camera so I don't see how it relates.. you are comparing apples and oranges.. and quite possibly if you want to make comparisions the entry level DSLR might just be an R6 or equivalent.. maybe I am good with going moderate speeds and just taking good photos.. not looking to race motogp or enter the national geographic photo contest.. a p&s camera is more like a moped or electric scooter.. this is really a pointless argument..

DSLR FTW!

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #44
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

It's called an analogy.......You said buying a P&S instead of a DSLR means I must not want good pictures.........I said buying a 600 instead of a liter must mean you didn't want to go fast..........Both statements are BS
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #45
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
It's called an analogy.......You said buying a P&S instead of a DSLR means I must not want good pictures.........I said buying a 600 instead of a liter must mean you didn't want to go fast..........Both statements are BS
yeah i understand wtf an analogy is and yours sucks.. it really doesn't apply here.. go shoot some pictures with your p&s and stfu..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #46
Homeslice
Elitist

Cool. Go ahead keep missing good photo opps because you didn't have your bigass DSLR with you that day.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #47
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Cool. Go ahead keep missing good photo opps because you didn't have your bigass DSLR with you that day.
Dude you've totally got to go cell phone shopping.... Did you know they put fucking cameras IN phones now? Its true...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #48
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Dude you've totally got to go cell phone shopping.... Did you know they put fucking cameras IN phones now? Its true...
hahahahaha!!! Yea my memoir had a 8 meg camera and my Motorola Motozine had a p&s quality lens. Great pics for a camera and good enough to keep my Sony p&s in the bag for almost 2 years...seriously.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #49
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

STOP IT! I don't want a camera to tear this family apart. I'll just use disposables.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #50
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I'm not the one you should be explaining that to. Apparently some people think that anything that isn't an SLR isn't capable of taking good pictures.