Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you keep your service records?
Yes 14 38.89%
No 19 52.78%
Tater's ex-wife is a cum guzzling whore 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewpy View Post
Poll fail: no mandatory Tater's Whore of a Ex-wife option
correct

Yup, as I said in the other it doesn't matter at all if there are service records, everyone goes off the KBB value and lowballs you from there.

I would equate service records to aftermarket parts on a bike, its nice to have but I'm not paying more for it, it might help sell something a bit quicker, but not for more.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Not sure a poll is too meaningful, because you guys aren't the mainstream. Most of you are men, and do-it-yourselfers to boot. Not really the norm.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #43
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
The answer to your questions is no. the selling price wont change, and the only thing it might affect is the amount of time it takes to sell. Its like having aftermarket goodies on a bike, an aftermarket pipe doesnt increase the value just makes it sell quicker
You THINK it doesn't change your selling price, but I'd wager that a person who can document what he's done comes across as more professional and can justify asking for more than the average person.

And you said it might take longer to sell.....So isn't that an inconvenience to you? IMO that's a bigger inconvenience than saving your receipts.

I mean some of you guys act like putting a piece of paper into a manilla folder in yoru drawer is so difficult. I just don't get it.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You THINK it doesn't change your selling price, but I'd wager that a person who can document what he's done comes across as more professional and can justify asking for more than the average person.

And you said it might take longer to sell.....So isn't that an inconvenience to you? IMO that's a bigger inconvenience than saving your receipts.

I mean some of you guys act like putting a piece of paper into a manilla folder in yoru drawer is so difficult. I just don't get it.
because we don't give a fuck. I've never been asked for them, so why keep them? I know I did the maintenance so what's the point of keeping it?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
If someone can't evaluate a used car for themselves by knowing what to look for and then doing it, then they need to stick to buying new cars for the rest of their life.
You can tell whether someone replaced their timing belt or turbocharger or clutch, without taking a wrench to it?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #46
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

thats the problem, we arent stating that this poll is a slice of america, we are just polling the members of this site, during this specific time period. what inferences you make are yours to assume

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #47
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

No. I generally drive my vehicles into the ground. By the time I'm done with it, I'd be lucky to get much above scrap value, so there's no point in service records.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Because you MIGHT one day get a buyer who DOES ask for them?

I mean most of you aren't that old (20's/30's).......So odds are, eventually you WILL get asked in the future. And if that guy happens to be willing to pay more......you missed out.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #49
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:

we don't all care enough to be anal retentive.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #50
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Because you MIGHT one day get a buyer who DOES ask for them?

I mean most of you aren't that old (20's/30's).......So odds are, eventually you WILL get asked in the future. And if that guy happens to be willing to pay more......you missed out.
and odds are... there will be 10 more behind them not asking for it and willing to pay 90%

then again when I sell, I don't try to get every little penny. I price it fairly, and accept the first deal I'm happy with.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote