Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #41
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Let me see if I have this right, you're upset they won't do free work on your out of warranty car?
Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm thinking. Is it just because you were close to the mileage from the warranty extension? Would you still be unhappy, angry, or complaining if the warranty had stayed at 36k, 50k, or whatever the original mileage limit had been? Nissan set a mileage limit, which you are admittedly over. How far should Nissan extend it for people who are "close"?

It does suck about your car. Hope you get it working right cheaply and soon.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #42
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

If it is so unreasonable for them to work with me on it, why did they take a day to think about it? Because it wasn't that unreasonable, they did consider it, but then decided there was nothing in it for them, so they said no.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #43
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

What the conservative mind (black/white) is incapable of understanding:

Yes; while the warranty is the LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT that compels a company that makes something DEFECTIVE to fix it, there's these things called MORALS, and SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, and GOOD MARKETING, and CUSTOMER SERVICE that suggests that telling your customers to go piss up a fucking rope after you sold them ADMITTEDLY DEFECTIVE SHIT is perhaps not the best thing to do, from a HUMAN PERSPECTIVE, regardless of the technicalities of the WARRANTY.

Leveraging that REALITY as a consumer, is called BEING SMART.

Last edited by Avatard; 06-25-2011 at 02:03 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #44
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
If it is so unreasonable for them to work with me on it, why did they take a day to think about it? Because it wasn't that unreasonable, they did consider it, but then decided there was nothing in it for them, so they said no.
It took a day to work through their internal process. The actual thinking about it part was probably closer to 5 seconds of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
What the conservative mind (black/white) is incapable of understanding:

Yes; while the warranty is the LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT that compels a company that makes something DEFECTIVE to fix it, there's these things called MORALS, and SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, and GOOD MARKETING, and CUSTOMER SERVICE that suggests that telling your customers to go piss up a fucking rope after you sold them ADMITTEDLY DEFECTIVE SHIT is perhaps not the best thing to do, from a HUMAN PERSPECTIVE, regardless of the technicalities of the WARRANTY.

Leveraging that REALITY as a consumer, is called BEING SMART.
How much further should Nissan extend the warranty that they already extended to cover those who are "close"? At what point does it become acceptable to you for Nissan to not cover this repair?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #45
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
How much further should Nissan extend the warranty that they already extended to cover those who are "close"? At what point does it become acceptable to you for Nissan to not cover this repair?
It depends only how much they care about customer satisfaction, repeat business, and public image in the age of the Internet.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #46
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It depends only how much they care about customer satisfaction, repeat business, and public image in the age of the Internet.
So you believe Nissan should fix this problem in perpetuity?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
So you believe Nissan should fix this problem in perpetuity?
I think it's up to them. I think trying to get it fixed if possible is intelligent.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #48
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I'd be happy if they just gave me the part. Find a neighbor that is mechanically inclined and screw him. He'll fix anything you want.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #49
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I think it's up to them. I think trying to get it fixed if possible is intelligent.
Of course it is up to them but, as this thread illustrates, that doesn't really matter. You believe Nissan has fallen short in this case. My original question for you still stands, at what point (age, mileage) do you look at this scenario and believe that it is no longer Nissan's responsibility?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #50
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

It really depends on the specific part involved, and whether or not it's rare for such a part to go bad after X number of years. I'd say it's VERY rare for a fuel sending unit to go out, no matter HOW old a car is. Therefore, I would be all over their shit if I were her.

On the other hand if my 02 sensors or wheel bearings or valve cover gaskets went bad right after the warranty expired, I'd consider those "tough luck", since those are very common breakdowns.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-25-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote