Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 AM   #41
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
Oh? then what about the Apple=Winz comment? Double standard, clearly.

Take a deep breath and reread the title of this thread. Maybe the comment will make more sense to you then.

And BTW, my MacBook DOES still work perfectly. Just sayin.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #42
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Take a deep breath and reread the title of this thread. Maybe the comment will make more sense to you then.

And BTW, my MacBook DOES still work perfectly. Just sayin.
The title of this thread is HP laptops.

I read it clearly. The person coming up w/ the Apple=Winz was you. The previous discussion was mostly HP hardware/support based. I just posted a cartoon and then someone tried to flame me. Good job.

Don't hate cause the Mac lovers got called out on a double standard.

I'm happy you love your Mac. Good job there, killer.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 AM   #43
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Nope. I have an excavator....

What I'm wondering is if I use an ipod cable to connect to the stereo will this provide power to the Ipod as well. I think it should. I'm just wondering if Ipod with a bad battery could still be loaded while hooked to a computer then used once its hooked to something with its own power?

James
Ummm, if it's suppling control inputs to the system and says that it'll charge it, yeah that should work w/o issue.

It's not RAM, your'e writing to something that will retain memory. Your songs don't go away when the iPod's juice is drained. So I'd say you'd be good, as long as what you've got it plugged into will support power to the device.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #44
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
BTW I used to get a kick out of the mac users talking about how they "CAN'T" get a virus. I always said it was only because no one used them so they didn't care enough to fuck them up.
And you were right in saying so. It never was that they couldn't get a virus. It was that only a small handful of people were bothering to write them. Without a user base, there can't be propagation of a virus. Perhaps now people are actually realizing that Apple is no less an evil empire than Microsoft? They just can't use the designation, for reasons of copyright.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #45
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Loving all this Mac vs. PC shit. They both suck....lulz.

I have a Macbook, and it boots XP by default. The fucking "geniuses" at the Genius bar just fucking LOVE that.

The new Macs happen to be the best (opinion) and fastest (as tested, by PC Magazine) Intel compatible Windows laptops on the market. Yes, you read that right.

The fact that they can also run a native OS that's ostensibly better, more stable, and and easier to use is just a perk.

Me?...I still run Windows because, like an old Chevy, you can get under the hood and fuck with it...and sadly, being an old fart, that's what I'm used to...but I'm not oblivious to the fact that the Mac is better, I'm just not as used to it.

The fact remains that if you want a relatively trouble-free computer, and you just use it for mainstream shit, almost everything you'll need is available for the Mac...and perhaps much more like a fucking appliance, it just WORKS (most of the time)...but really; it's all relative, and when I say "It works" it works well...for a computer. The truth is; they all suck. Debating which computer is better is like arguing what type of spoon I wanna dig my eyes out with. My network has about the same number of Macs and PCs on it.

There USED to be less viral shit for Mac, but people write for the masses, and since Apple sells more Laptops than anyone nowadays, and since most new computers bought are laptops, their market share is going up, and so is the virus load.

Artists, musicians, scientists, researchers, and CEOs have always had Macs. The pleebs in the stenopool have always had PCs, and the corner office has always had a Mac. This oughtta tell you SOMETHING. The disparity in price is almost all but erased now that they're Intel-based, and are made from standard PC components. Arguing that Macs are inferior is pretty fucking stupid.

You can argue stupid shit like which system is better...but obviously the COMPUTER that runs BOTH (and Linux), is the one to choose, since it makes that argument moot.

Finally...regarding my personal computer hell; I've been using Protools on Mac in the Studio since it was called SOUND TOOLS, but I just purchased a 24-track IZ RADAR system, and look forward to turning the motherfucking computer OFF, and just making music again.

YMMV

EDIT: Oh, and since the OT is HP Laptops, let me say THIS about THAT...

I have an HP Lappy I got about a year ago:

This machine is patently unable to record digital audio without snaps, crackles, and pops regardless of interface type used.

It is, to me, completely and utterly worthless, HP has zero clues, and I'm out almost a grand...

Last edited by Avatard; 02-23-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #46
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

'Tard, you're right that the fastest Windows NBs out there are Macs. At least it was true, when various mags ran benchmarks on earlier Vista based notebooks when it forst came out. Bit of a pain with the single button mouse though, and I don't know any Mac users on campus who aren't using an external mouse at this point.

As to the corner office, it always has a status symbol. At one point that would have been a Mac but these days it tends more to be a media PC in a nice black case, a sub-notebook that is virtually useless (doesn't matter when your secretary is even answering your email), or a tablet PC (same-same). Oh, then there are the Sony Viao TV-type desktops. Crap.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #47
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Artists, musicians, scientists, researchers, and CEOs have always had Macs.
But, but......it must be because they're elitists who fell for the hype.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #48
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Bit of a pain with the single button mouse though, and I don't know any Mac users on campus who aren't using an external mouse at this point.
You must not be aware of the new touchpad. It's gesture sensitive.

One finger moves pointer, two fingers dragged scrolls page.

One finger and click is selection, two fingers and click is right-click (context-sensitive menu).

It's totally intuitive, and becomes second nature in under 3 minutes.

They nailed it.

Other gestures are coming over from the iPod touch, like pinch and stretch on the newest models.

As much as I am a devout rodent pilot, the touchpad is fucking smoking.

BTW; they were nice enough to even write Win drivers for it in Bootcamp.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #49
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

For the first time ever, 'Tard and I are in agreement! When my PC laptop takes a crap, which its trying to do currently, I am getting MAC. But I'll also be using windows, simply because I KNOW how to do everything on it and until I get comfy with all the MAC stuff, I need to function.

But, alot of my time will be spent with pictures and editing images for my different hobbies and I know the MAC hands down is better for what I need than my PC is. Im getting one because it meets my needs, and for what I want is superior, not simply because its a MAC tho...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #50
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
And you were right in saying so. It never was that they couldn't get a virus. It was that only a small handful of people were bothering to write them. Without a user base, there can't be propagation of a virus. Perhaps now people are actually realizing that Apple is no less an evil empire than Microsoft? They just can't use the designation, for reasons of copyright.
if anything they are worse, i LIKE third party
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote