Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #41
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
The pharmacist's defense went out the window, as soon as he became the aggressor, and chased the other guy down the street. It's hard to claim fear for your life, if you're one doing the chasing.

As for head wound boy, is he was such a threat, he should have been shot BEFORE the pharmacist went all Charles Bronson, and ran out the door.

I'm not going to shed any tears for the kid. He choose an extremely limited career path, and got his ass shot for it. I put this under the, "Sucks to be you" heading. However, the pharmacist had control of the situation once the guy was down, and while I wouldn't necessarily call it Murder 1, I don't think he deserves an "atta-boy", and a pat on the head.

JC
I do because if more people did this we'd have far less fucktards trying to rip people off. Live by the sword, die by the sword!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #42
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
The pharmacist's defense went out the window, as soon as he became the aggressor, and chased the other guy down the street. It's hard to claim fear for your life, if you're one doing the chasing.

As for head wound boy, is he was such a threat, he should have been shot BEFORE the pharmacist went all Charles Bronson, and ran out the door.

I'm not going to shed any tears for the kid. He choose an extremely limited career path, and got his ass shot for it. I put this under the, "Sucks to be you" heading. However, the pharmacist had control of the situation once the guy was down, and while I wouldn't necessarily call it Murder 1, I don't think he deserves an "atta-boy", and a pat on the head.

JC

I'm with JC on this.

One thing the military teaches us in terms of Rules of Engagement - if they are out of the fight by reason of surrender, illness, or injury, they are now considered an EPW, not a target. Take away their means of killing you (in other words, if the pharmacist shot him in the head, he could have taken away his weapon), and they are no longer a threat. We aren't allowed to go back and pump more bullets in them after the fact unless they are actively trying to kill us or impede the mission. Kill them right off the bat. Body-body-head. Otherwise, too bad.. you have a prisoner and shit-ton paperwork to deal with.

If the pharmacist was that worried about the kid pulling another gun on him, he should have cleared the body before trying to chase the other guy down the street. And if he had some sort of spinal injury, why the fuck was he chasing the other guy in the first place?

While I am generally of the opinion that he had the right to defend himself initially, the way he followed through was all wrong. Just MHO.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I do because if more people did this we'd have far less fucktards trying to rip people off. Live by the sword, die by the sword!
And if you have a vigilante mentality, then you run into little issues like that buy in Texas who smoked the Japanese exchange student, or the motorcyclist who was sideswiped by a couple of daddy's little girls and was shot in the back by the lying bitches' father.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #44
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I'm with JC on this.

One thing the military teaches us in terms of Rules of Engagement - if they are out of the fight by reason of surrender, illness, or injury, they are now considered an EPW, not a target. Take away their means of killing you (in other words, if the pharmacist shot him in the head, he could have taken away his weapon), and they are no longer a threat. We aren't allowed to go back and pump more bullets in them after the fact unless they are actively trying to kill us or impede the mission. Kill them right off the bat. Body-body-head. Otherwise, too bad.. you have a prisoner and shit-ton paperwork to deal with.

If the pharmacist was that worried about the kid pulling another gun on him, he should have cleared the body before trying to chase the other guy down the street. And if he had some sort of spinal injury, why the fuck was he chasing the other guy in the first place?

While I am generally of the opinion that he had the right to defend himself initially, the way he followed through was all wrong. Just MHO.
But you are bound by the Geneva Convention, civilians are not. A motherfucker puts a gun in my face, he better take me out because if I have the chance, it's curtains for him. While I don't condone murder, I wholeheartedly feel that given the chance if let go, this dirtbag will do it again and next time I might end up in a body bag. I'm just dealing a preemptive strike to protect myself from a future threat. Once a criminal makes a successful heist, they will repeat because they got away with it once.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #45
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

But you see they didn't execute a successful heist and it was, in fact, murder.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #46
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
And if you have a vigilante mentality, then you run into little issues like that buy in Texas who smoked the Japanese exchange student, or the motorcyclist who was sideswiped by a couple of daddy's little girls and was shot in the back by the lying bitches' father.
I don't know anything about those stories. I would never go looking for criminals after the fact. I'm saying right then and there at that moment in time, some one pulls a weapon on me, I consider that threat to do great bodily harm. I'd then take action. If this guy got away, so be it, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way looking for him.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
But you see they didn't execute a successful heist and it was, in fact, murder.
Whose to say that as soon as they serve their jail time(if they do any at all) they won't come back and try it again and this time leave no witnesses.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #48
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Whose to say that as soon as they serve their jail time(if they do any at all) they won't come back and try it again and this time leave no witnesses.
I simply answered the points that you stated. If you want to turn your stand into a moving target, well feel free

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #49
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I simply answered the points that you stated. If you want to turn your stand into a moving target, well feel free
If you are a criminal doing criminal activities and if you walk away with your life, then that is successful and willing to try it again. No matter how much jail time you serve. Once a criminal always a criminal.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #50
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Ah, so the definitions change now