Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #41
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

If other bands write shit that has a predominance of a certain subject, do they call their bands likewise? Like, if my band writes love songs, would we have to call it love-metal?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #42
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
If other bands write shit that has a predominance of a certain subject, do they call their bands likewise? Like, if my band writes love songs, would we have to call it love-metal?

Ever heard of Death Metal? Black Metal? How about Horror Metal? Or even Satanic Metal? I think your example fails. Lots of metal bands are classified by subject matter.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, don't mind these guys. Most of them are as annoying as Jehovah's Witnesses with the way they preach just like who they hate.
Yea exactly, they spit on your faith while demanding respect for their lack of one. Although if your lead singer has a similar style to the band posted, your message won't get across very well... I didn't understand a single word!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post

Most of the Christian faith is hard to swallow for most, i know..
but hey its my faith.
And I take it seriously. I dont mind the jokes, its actually really funny.

Our name comes from Judges 15, in the Bible, where Samson "massacres" a thousand men with a jawbone of a donkey.

I like that term JC, Gospel Thrash, I might use it..
Yea I got that, it's as good a name as any. Hell, you might have used "Jars of Clay", so yea this is way better!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #45
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

This isn't the fucking war room. This guy just came in here to show his band. It doesn't need to be a fucking argument cause he wants to play a certain genre. How can you even remotely complain about religions pushing shit on you when you are doing the same shit to him? Keep this shit out of the main board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 07-09-2009 at 09:26 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #46
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This isn't the fucking war room. This guy just came in here to show his band. It doesn't need to be a fucking argument cause he wants to play a certain genre. How can you even remotely complain about religions pushing shit on you when you are doing the same shit to him? Keep this shit out of the main board.
Fuck em up, boss.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

Last edited by Trip; 07-09-2009 at 09:26 AM..
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Fair enough. I wasn't the first to say anything, but I was dog-piling. I actually have no beef against Christian Metal, I was kinda just playing devil's advocate. I apologize.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #48
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Fuck em up, boss.
I don't really want to. Sure if it is a news article about a group abusing shit like the guy with the mansion, I can see bashing them. Bassplayer hasn't done shit to anyone and they start blasting him for being christian and playing music about it. I am not going to put up with that shit. I would do the same if an atheist on this board was getting attacked by the christians on the board. This is a site about motorcycles, if we are going to run someone off, it's cause they are a douchey squid

This goes back to if you want to argue facts or faith, go for it. Do it in an appropriate thread in the war room, but don't just bash a member.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #49
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Fair enough. I wasn't the first to say anything, but I was dog-piling. I actually have no beef against Christian Metal, I was kinda just playing devil's advocate. I apologize.
no problem, i know you didn't start. I just wanted to stop it before it got out of control.
Quote:
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #50
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Trip...when you're right, you're right. Again, I apologize for my role in this.

...And Bassplayer; congrats on the new band, but consider marketing yourself just a "Metal". King's X was nearly marketed as "Christian", but chose to keep it mainstream, and I think it served them well. It won't narrow your reach as much. A lot of people won't even give a Christian band a chance. You'll reach more people if you just write what you feel, and let people take from it what they will.

Consider it.

Last edited by Avatard; 07-09-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote